It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The foam tile thing is apparently caused because they had to get rid of the freon in them because of environmentalists.

mikesnoise.typepad.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ah, the old "We could spend the bucks better" argument. Usually propped up by people who really do not have a grasp of one of humanity's most basic instincts....

Curiosity.

As a species, we try to climb the mountain because it is there. Some may be content to live in the "safe little valley that has been our home for generations". They never think that one day it may be necesaary to leave, or die, because, of course, it has never been necessary before.

For their sakes, pray that they are far better at prophesy than those of us who seek the worlds beyond the mountain tops.

We promise to remember them when the landside, the flood, the drought or the plague judges them short-sighted. We will defend their honor when history casts their frugality as foolishness.

Others have shown the benefits NASA, despite it all-too-beureaucratic failings, has provided not just to the USA, but to Humanity; I will not re-hash them now. But to those who would claim that these accomplishments could have be achieved without the impetus of an organization such as NASA I have but one question:

Then why wheren't they?

There was nothing to stop the advancement of micro-electronic development, which lead to an entire industry and a host of consumer products, both useful and vital, save corporate (the so-called "private sector") inertia.

Seriously, if not for the incentive provided by man's push into space and the agencies which sheparded and focused that push, humanity would never had seen a need to develop much of the knowledge, science and technolgy it has today; and we , those of us still alive, that is, would be the poorer for it.

Even in terms of how we humans view ourselves, we have the space program to thank for "showing us the Big Picture".

Without the space program we would never have been able to see out planet as it exists; a beautiful blue and green orb spinning against the velvet black of space.

One cannot truely appreciate how truly precious our "little valley" is until one has seen it from the mountain tops.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im sorry, I forgot about the other two, my bad. I really should do some more thinking, Im losing it lately

Sure your not one of the KSC Managers?
$200 million spent on investigating "pieces of foam flying off shuttle" and still no closer to a solution or a reason WHY it keeps happening.
Today top management at KSC were quoted as saying "We were wrong."
Boy, did that short and sweet statement make their credibility go up in MY eyes.
The shuttle launch pads are practically in my back yard, and while its sad to lose the crew, and yes there has been more than one crew lost, we get the added pleasure of possible radioactive fallout.
The whole issue reeks of politics and money.The mighty schedule prevails.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiley_Wonka
The foam tile thing is apparently caused because they had to get rid of the freon in them because of environmentalists.

mikesnoise.typepad.com...

Becuase of environmentalists? Try because of regulations and treaties.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
Thanks Tinkleflower but I do fine without any of the items mentioned.

Well, you appear to be using a microprocessor computer, and the internet... thank NASA! But lets also look at a *tiny* part of the technologies that we use today thanks to NASA.

Computer Technologies
  • Liquid crystal polymers (without them you'd have no micro processors (no cpu faster than 8MHz), no printed circuits, and no PC-RAM, RD-RAM or DDR-RAM!)
  • LEDs
  • Joystick controllers (without this, there would have been no PacMan!)
  • Force Feedback joysticks
  • Computer mouse
  • Aureal 3D (A-3D) sound (almost every soundcard out there)
  • Ultranet (Gigabit networks -- Cisco, 3Com, NetGear, DLink, etc etc etc)
  • Interactive computer training
  • TV satellite dish / receivers
  • Bar codes

Ever been sick, or have a family member who uses/used any of these? Thank NASA...
  • MRI
  • CAT SCAN
  • Ultrasound
  • Kidney dialysis machines
  • Contact Lenses, Gas Permiable Contact Lenses, Disposable Contact Lenses
  • LASIK eye surgery (vision corrective surgery)
  • Laser angioplasty
  • Programmable Pacemakers
  • Monitor One - portable heart monitor used by hospitals everywhere
  • Urinalisis - 3 second test unit (DiaSys Corporation - R/S 2000)
  • dental water purification system - Dentapure used by more than 90% of dentists worldwide
  • MRTA - radiation-free portable scanner used in the detection and treatment of osteoporosis and other bone disorders
  • Copes Scoliosis Braces - exerts constant corrective pressure to the torso to slowly reduce or eliminate the spinal curve
  • Occular screening system designed for safe, convenient screening of large groups - been to the eye doctor and had one of those new eye tests that tells your precription, detects any disorders, etc in seconds? Thank NASA.
  • Bioscan breast cancer detection
  • Este Lauder skin care products use digital image analyzer and software based on NASA lunar research
  • Infrared thermometer
  • Artificial heart

Ever use any of these? If so, thank NASA...
  • Anti-glare filters (eye glasses, sun glasses, monitors, tv's windows, etc)
  • UV protection/blocking (visors, glasses, windows)
  • Antifog coating (diving, glasses, window cleaners, etc)
  • Velcro
  • Teflon
  • Thinsulate (winter clothing)
  • Tang
  • Freeze dried food
  • Cordless power tools
  • Air purifiers
  • Synthetic lubricants (non-petrolium)
  • Plastics
  • Studless winter tires
  • Scotch Tape, DuctTape, Aluminium tape
  • Smoke detectors
  • Night vision goggles & cameras
  • Biometrics/Ergonomics (chairs, keyboards, mouses, etc etc etc)
  • Quartz clocks/watches
  • Bicycle helmits
  • Composite materials (used in golf clubs, tennis raquets, cars, planes, bikes, cellphones, sports equipment, etc etc etc!)

Yup, NASA has had no effect on your life... and that's just a tiny sampling of the 140,000+ spin off products thanks to NASA.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
what did the human race achieve from going to the moon?
zip
we are no longer in a space race with the USSR, basically US won USSR lost.
the race to go to the moon has advanced our technologies to be able to launch satelites and shuttles and deep space probes.
basically the US government needs to sort out it's contractors that build the shuttle.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I can keep this very simple, this is why I consider it to be a "HOAX"
If they really went to the moon in 1969, all they had to do is make an "EXACT DUPLICATE" of that Spacecraft and they would not have the problems they are having now, 35 years later.

Today every aspect of technology has increased, cars are better, trucks are better and electronics in general are better.

How come the Space Program has gotten worse, considering that these scientist are the brightest minds in the world ? Something does not fit!

You can make all the excuses you want for them, but the facts don't add up.

I would also like someone to explain to me how a sighting tool the size of a cigar, made in the early 80's could see a satellite 22,300 miles away ?

Here is an interesting link concerning the space program:
Use your side bar and scroll about half way down to directly get to the NASA section.

www.hourofthetime.com...

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not going to argue with you but I will say that you need to do a bit more research and thank the inventors of all the tech that you have mentioned. Thank NASA for improving on the tech, maybe?

Originally posted by CatHerder

Well, you appear to be using a microprocessor computer, and the internet... thank NASA! But lets also look at a *tiny* part of the technologies that we use today thanks to NASA.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Computer Technologies
  • Liquid crystal polymers (without them you'd have no micro processors (no cpu faster than 8MHz), no printed circuits, and no PC-RAM, RD-RAM or DDR-RAM!)
  • LEDs
  • Computer mouse
  • Bar codes

Ever been sick, or have a family member who uses/used any of these? Thank NASA...
  • MRI
  • CAT SCAN
  • Ultrasound
  • Laser angioplasty
  • dental water purification system - Dentapure used by more than 90% of dentists worldwide
  • MRTA - radiation-free portable scanner used in the detection and treatment of osteoporosis and other bone disorders
  • Copes Scoliosis Braces - exerts constant corrective pressure to the torso to slowly reduce or eliminate the spinal curve
  • Occular screening system designed for safe, convenient screening of large groups - been to the eye doctor and had one of those new eye tests that tells your precription, detects any disorders, etc in seconds? Thank NASA.
  • Este Lauder skin care products use digital image analyzer and software based on NASA lunar research
  • Infrared thermometer
  • Artificial heart

• Velcro
  • Teflon
  • Tang
  • Freeze dried food
  • Cordless power tools
  • Air purifiers
  • Plastics
  • Studless winter tires
  • Smoke detectors
  • Quartz clocks/watches
  • Bicycle helmits
  • Composite materials (used in golf clubs, tennis raquets, cars, planes, bikes, cellphones, sports equipment, etc etc etc!)

Yup, NASA has had no effect on your life... and that's just a tiny sampling of the 140,000+ spin off products thanks to NASA.

Clearly the guy who made this list has no idea what he's talking about, some of those things have zilch to do with nasa, besides which none of them require zero gravity to be discovered in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

Computer Technologies
  • LEDs
  • Computer mouse
  • Bar codes

• MRI
  • CAT SCAN
  • Ultrasound
  • Laser angioplasty
  • Infrared thermometer
  • Artificial heart

• Velcro
  • Teflon
  • Tang
  • Freeze dried food
  • Cordless power tools
  • Air purifiers
  • Plastics
  • Studless winter tires
  • Smoke detectors
  • Quartz clocks/watches
  • Bicycle helmits

Clearly the guy who made this list has no idea what he's talking about, some of those things have zilch to do with nasa, besides which none of them require zero gravity to be discovered in the first place.

Could you be specific or is this some sort of higher logic of yours that we shouldn't qustion the authority of. We've all gone through the process of making rather elaborate arguements, it's about time you do the same for whatever cause you think he is wrong about.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Composite materials-ever heard of concrete?
Ergonomics-people like bauhaus would argue he'd been designing chairs long before nasa.
Plastics-
Im not even gonna bother with this one
The microprocessor- No nasa did not invent this, nor can it claim it developed it in any way.
These are just a few off the top off my head, plenty there that look dubious to say the least. I suppose some of those can be credited to nasa, but like lanotum said, have next to no impact on my life

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why does nasa gets billions of $$$?

People like being lied to, they just don't realize it.

People want to trust the words of other people in higher authority.
There is a denial mechanism embedded in each one of us. We feel insecure. Not sure what the future holds, what catastrophic event may occur. However, there is an ultimate demise to the one trusting in other men/women. Jeremiah 17:5 curses the man who trusts in man.

There also is an evil force in this world. It is governed by the being the bible calls Lucifer. According to Isaiah 14, it is Lucifer's desire to be like his Creator, to take his place. However, His Creator kicked him out of his Presence. So, this Lucifer and his associates influence the minds of the men in power who have sold their souls for this power.

But God is right there, in the heart of the earth, literally speaking. He hides behind the veiled curtain of the celestial sphere. He's covered with dark waters and thick clouds. Lucifer's control on the minds of this world has people everywhere believing the lie that the universe is an infinite realm and ther is no physical, bodily presence of any sort of Creator. He uses the "sciences" to back this claim. And yet, God is right there, no less than 4,000 miles away.

The world will eventually know the truth about this.

One way or another.

Once this happens, nasa and all governing agencies that have supported this global lie will be shamefully defeated.

-sjc

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I see everyone is avoiding this and going off into things that the space program has provided.

I can keep this very simple, this is why I consider it to be a "HOAX"
If they really went to the moon in 1969, all they had to do is make an "EXACT DUPLICATE" of that Spacecraft and they would not have the problems they are having now, 35 years later.

Today every aspect of technology has increased, cars are better, trucks are better and electronics in general are better.

How come the Space Program has gotten worse, considering that these scientist are the brightest minds in the world ? Something does not fit!

You can make all the excuses you want for them, but the facts don't add up.

I would also like someone to explain to me how a sighting tool the size of a cigar, made in the early 80's could see a satellite 22,300 miles away ?

Here is an interesting link concerning the space program:
Use your side bar and scroll about half way down to directly get to the NASA section.

This article also fortold of the future bombing of the world trade (911)
It was written almost 2 years before 911. It even made reference to the ANTHRAX being used.

www.hourofthetime.com...

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

thank NASA! But lets also look at a *tiny* part of the technologies that we use today thanks to NASA.

Did you follow the link? Did you do any searches? Do you do anything beside talk out your ass when responding to a post? Nope, nope and NOPE...

Zero gravity has NOTHING to do with the items/technologies I listed. We have tens of thousands of products today because they were created to fill a need/requirement for the NASA space program(s). I only wish the world spent more on space missions.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by CatHerder]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Couldn't care less if that link was from an official nasa site, what i said in my reply is common knowledge, and im pretty sure most of the other stuff listed there has little to do with nasa. Do some research on some of the stuff in that list, you may be surprised!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Composite materials-ever heard of concrete?
Ergonomics-people like bauhaus would argue he'd been designing chairs long before nasa.
Plastics-
Im not even gonna bother with this one
The microprocessor- No nasa did not invent this, nor can it claim it developed it in any way.
These are just a few off the top off my head, plenty there that look dubious to say the least. I suppose some of those can be credited to nasa, but like lanotum said, have next to no impact on my life

Yeah, concrete makes great vehicle bodies, sports equipment, and aircraft wings...

Where did I claim NASA "invented" the microprocessor? They invented liquid crystal polymers, without which there would be no printed circuits and no microprocessors. Advanced plastics exist only because of the NASA program. Since vinyl, rayon, and nylon, most major advances in plastics are a direct result of products required for NASA missions. Advances in modern pvc and polyethylene plastics (and blends) are because of the original space station & apollo programs.

You should have been bright and pointed out Teflon. That's not a NASA invention. You, apparently were so excited about bashing the rest of the post that you missed it...

But, even if we remove your 4 items and teflon from the list, I take it then that the rest of the *partial* list is all just a bunch of crap that we don't need? I seriously don't get your point here.

Heck, even if you or your kids has a NeRF glider, you can thank NASA for making it work...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wrong!

Just off the top of my head.

Stephanie Kwolek was the inventor of polymer liquid crystal and later kevlar.

Stephen Bristow was the inventor of the joystick. With some research though I find that the 2 axis joystick (not gamestick) was invented around 1944 in Nazi Germany.

Joseph Woodland and Bernard Silver were the inventors of the bar code.

The computer mouse was invented by Douglas Engelbart.

Need I say more?

Research my friend. By doing so you will appear to have some knowledge about what you write because smart like truck just doesn't cut it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, concrete makes great vehicle bodies, sports equipment, and aircraft wings...

So what nasa invented steel, aluminium,alloys?

Where did I claim NASA "invented" the microprocessor? They invented liquid crystal polymers, without which there would be no printed circuits and no microprocessors.

Sorry I didn't realise liquid crystal polymers were invented by nasa or were used in printed circuits........perhaps because their not
Perhaps you were thinking of LCD displays? Again nothing to do with nasa, sorry.

Since vinyl, rayon, and nylon, most major advances in plastics are a direct result of products required for NASA missions.

Don't think so dude, add polyethylene,polypropylene(PP), polystyrene, polyethylene terephthalate (PETE), polyester, PVC, polycarbonate, bakelite, kevlar and just about every useful plastic out there has zilch,nadda to do with nasa.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by picard_is_actually_a_grey]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wrong!

Just off the top of my head.
Stephanie Kwolek was the inventor of polymer liquid crystal and later kevlar.
Stephen Bristow was the inventor of the joystick. With some research though I find that the 2 axis joystick (not gamestick) was invented around 1944 in Nazi Germany.
Joseph Woodland and Bernard Silver were the inventors of the bar code.
The computer mouse was invented by Douglas Engelbart.
Need I say more?

Research my friend. By doing so you will appear to have some knowledge about what you write because smart like truck just doesn't cut it.

Why do you think they're called "NASA spin offs"?
Who do you think those people were working for?
Where do you think those people got their funding from?

You should do some reading and research and see WHO those people were working for and WHO was funding them and WHY they were working on what it is they developed... the top of your head appears vacant.

Electronic joysticks are not the same technology as a "joystick" used in a wwii aircraft. That's where the term comes from, but the electronic form used since the Pong era comes from the NASA space program.

Barcodes were developed SPECIFICALLY for NASA to be able to track over a million individual parts in their space programs.

LCP printed circuits is specifically a NASA commercialization technology.

If "Joe's Company" is contrated by NASA to come up with a product to fill "requirement X" then the reason that product x exists is because of NASA. End of story. How hard is that to understand? If Sam Somebody working at Joe's Company invents a new product, yes he's the inventor, but without the specifications/requirements and money from NASA that product, more likely than not, would have never been invented.

I await your next [edited by moderator] reply.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's my next assholey reply.

You have no idea what you are talking about so I will ignore all your future post.

By spin-off of course you mean the theft of someone's patent with a slight change.

I know that the game joystick and other are not one in the same but you seem to be too stupid to realize I did not say both are the same.

None of these people I mentioned were working for or contracted by NASA at the conception of their inventions.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about so I will ignore all your future post.

I await your next [edited by moderator]reply.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Lanotom]

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join