It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Merchandise Store is Open for Business!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am this Topic's 100th customer, but all I got was this free post.

Urn

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I am this Topic's 100th customer, but all I got was this free post.

what?!?!....not even a free T-shirt?!?!?
REVOLT damn you REVOLT!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
NOW OFFERING LOGO STEINS!

There is also some great stuff in the SkepticOverlord Signature Series section. Mousepads, buttons, and even stickers.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just ordered me a signature series T-shirt

I will have to get a mug and stuff next round.

Waiting for black T-shirts

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Waiting for black T-shirts

Could be a long wait. I found a ton of threads at CafePress dedicated to this issue. Here's a quote...

Hi!

We understand the great demand for black shirts. We'd love to offer them too! Unfortunately, while methods exist to produce them, we don't feel they are up to our standards.

Here are the details: Regardless of if you are screenprinting or printing digitally, when you print on a dark color, you need to print a white underbase. So essentially, you would print your entire design in white first, and then add your colors on top of the white. One way you can verify this is by feeling the print on a black shirt compared to a white shirt - the print on the black shirt will be thicker because of the additional layer of ink.

The problem is when printing digitally, there is no good way to lay down the white underbase with any precision. So the solution so far has been to essentially create a big white square and then print the design on the square. The resulting shirt has a really thick feel, doesn't wash well and has a big white square on it! So if you want a black shirt with red text, what you really get is a black shirt, big white square, and red text. If you have a full 8x10 square image, the results are actually not bad - but then there is the quality issue.

We are continually testing new processes in hopes that we can find a good solution to print on different colors. In fact, we have two partnerships with ink companies that are working on developing ink formulations for us to print on dark garments. So while I talk, some engineer somewhere is playing with inks for you.

Anyways, I hope this clarifys any questions you may have about dark garments. I'll end this post with on a positive note - we have come up with a few good ways to print on dark products that aren't shirts - like bags, cd wallets, etc - and you will be seeing these new products coming online soon.

Thanks!
CafePress.com

Now, some people have found offerings online and CafePress actually bought some. Then they tested the shirts and they all failed quality control and have been labeled a poor product. CafePress can do black shirts, but only at a corporate level because the shirts are quite expensive to produce.

So, they are (and have been) working on this issue, but it could be a long time away. Hard to say. I just wanted to address the issue with all of you.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I use to own a t-shirt business and did black t-shirts. The iron on decals may be old fashion now but wouldn't cost more then any other color.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
I use to own a t-shirt business and did black t-shirts. The iron on decals may be old fashion now but wouldn't cost more then any other color.

But where are we going to round up a bunch of women to do all the ironing?

GeneralDilemma! We need you!

Problem is, we are doing digital printing and not iron on. I understand everybody wants things this way and that way, but we can't possibly accomodate everyone. We just do what we can and hope to give the best selection possible.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually they use a press iron for T-shirts and men can do it too

Just have them put the logo on a square peice of t-shirt material and I'll sew it on a black t-shirt. I could do hundreds per week. I have industrial machines.

Urn

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
NOW OFFERING LOGO STEINS!

There is also some great stuff in the SkepticOverlord Signature Series section. Mousepads, buttons, and even stickers.

are these the actual beer mugs your going to sell?...
i was thinking more along the lines of a conventional glass beer mug (pint glass sorta thing)

not complaning or anything...if thats what your selling, then thats what i'm buying

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My ats shirt arrived in the mail today and I am very pleased. Great quality!

-Jared

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

zOMG ACTION SHOTS PLZKTNX!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Great, why'd I have to buy that short sword at the fair today? Anyhow just a question, does anybody know if these things will actually survive a good couple of washes?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Excuse me, Where is the male pink T-Shirt/Hoodie? lol... If I get soem money I am definetely spending it here. In a few days I'll have 25 bucks.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Excuse me, Where is the male pink T-Shirt/Hoodie? lol... If I get soem money I am definetely spending it here. In a few days I'll have 25 bucks.

Gah, I have to save up too, in a few days I'll get $25 for petsitting, but I have to put it towards my new guitar...v.v

EDIT: Oh and um...for the dark colored Items, why not just do the same thing you did for the hat...have the white oval >.> I dunno...

and would it be possible to make colored hoodies? Like a blue hoodie or something like that...that'd be cool

and do a Skeptic hoodie like so

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Reikuro]

joi

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
More babydoll shirts please!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

-Jared

Just curious... About how long it take to recieve your shirt? Want to know for future reference. My contest shirt should be here within a week, I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If somebody could make patches that we could sow on ourselves I'd buy a good couple, that way we'd be able to have those black sweatshirts. That or couldn't we simply say we're ordering on a corporate level, after all we've got about 50,000 "employees".

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
you should do ATS and counterparts iPod tattoos! i woul definitely buy (once i get the money)

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have a question about the ATS store.

I am above to order some items but . . . I want to know how will be looking at my private information.

Will my private information including my real name and last name will be in the hands of the ATS administration? Or this completely apart from ATS when it comes to privacy.

I will like to know who else will be reading my information, This is something that concerns me very much.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will like to know who else will be reading my information, This is something that concerns me very much.

It's a secure transaction between you and Cafe Press. I see the order number as the store manager. That's about it.

I'm sure there is a link for CafePress' privacy policy on the site if you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join