It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on researching portable MP3 players...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am finally going to break down and buy an MP3 player. My question to anyone whom is familiar with the device is what sort of things should I look for and what sort of problems have you had? I am looking for something fairly inexpensive, able to hold at least 500 songs, jogging won't bother it and able to acquire a cassette adapter for a car stereo.

Thanks,
Jason/Jonna

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have an iPod and it's pretty boss. It does all the stuff you said, casette adapter/holds 500+ songs/doesn't skip when jogging, except it's pretty expensive. I think mine cost about 350 dollars US, but it's 20GB so it can hold 5,000 songs. It came with really good headphones, those things are loud.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was researching the ipod mini and it says nothing about playing WMA files. Am I to assume that it does not?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it does play wma files..... I think I may have a few on my iPod. You may have to email the iPod people. They'll answer your question. Or Post on the forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Jonna, just bought myself a Phillips MP3 player

I is the dogs tangliez! Supports MP3 and WMA (20gb hdd) and now take it everywhere with me. Gave it the shock test and no skipping! plus it looks uber and is NOT an iPod!
sound quality is really good!

Nuff respect to my new toy and I highly recommend it to others.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
if uwant something cheap and real small get an i river i dont know about the cassette part thoguh

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turbonegro
I have an iPod and it's pretty boss. It does all the stuff you said, casette adapter/holds 500+ songs/doesn't skip when jogging, except it's pretty expensive. I think mine cost about 350 dollars US, but it's 20GB so it can hold 5,000 songs. It came with really good headphones, those things are loud.

I own a 20 gig iPod and use it everyday but-

Mine is full and it has just under 3000. (Not 5000.)
My headphones busted within a month because it couldn't handle the loudness, so it started crackling. (although, if you don't listen to your music at an insane level, like me, you should be okay!
)

If you're looking for something inexpensive, it's not really worth the money because mp3 players are usually expensive and by throwing in a little more cash you could get something like an iPod.

I've recently used an iPod mini, and I must say, they're pretty cool looking.
A great size to hide away in your pocket while you jog. The one I seen was 4 gigs (which isn't bad for the average music listener).

As for the WMAs.. When you drop in the music in iTunes (the default program used to operate the iPod) it will automaticly convert the tracks to mp3, acc..etc -whichever you prefer.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

new topics

top topics

join