It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru: Found? Large object discovered in outer solar system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to thank Springer for re-opening this thread.

Now... to get back to the discussion...

I think it's important that we seperate Nibiru from Sitchin's interpretations of 'Nibiru'. In other words, I think that we need to acknowledge that there is a difference between the Sumerian tradition and Sitchin's interpretation of that tradition. Why is this necessary? Because Nibiru may exist... but Sitchin's description of it may be wrong.

In particular:

1)'Nibiru' is "The place of the Crossing" in Sumerian records. Sitchin interpreted this to mean that it crosses into the inner solar system. However, it simply could mean that it crosses the plane of the solar system (that is, that it's orbit crosses over that of most other planets). If this is the case, this new planet may be Nibiru because it crosses the plane at something like a 45 degree angle. In other words, Sitchin's interpretation of the meaning of the name may be wrong.

2)Nibiru, within the context of an ancient tradition that has been reinterpreted for the UFO age, may or may not be the 'homeworld' of the aliens/gods. It may, in fact, just be a base or staging point. This would fit in, as well, with the meaning of its name (again: "Place of the Crossing").

3)The size issue: From what I understand, Sitchin's opinion regarding the size is based on a bas relief that shows the solar system with twelve worlds... five of them being larger than the rest. On this basis he interpreted it as a ginat world. However, this relief might show only terrestrial (rocky/solid) worlds. If this is the case the five large worlds could be Earth, Venus, Mars, Mercury and 'Nibiru'. The smaller ones could be Mercury, Pluto, Ceres, Titan, etc, etc (with the idea being that the aliens would only display the worlds they could land on and thus govern).

Hopefully... this makes sense. What I am saying is that the 'Nibiru' of re-interpreted legend could be true... but that the specific interpretations of Sitchin could be wrong. If one takes some of his own views and tweaks them a little... this world fits the mold (to a degree). It should be emphasized, however, that Sitchin may only be vaguely correct in presenting 'facts'.

PS: Every time I've tried to make this post my computer has crashed. I hope this goes through.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.darkstar1.co.uk...

Intresting read on this subject.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I think this IS Nibiru, I was just asking, essentially, "Hey, if the Nibiru legend is correct, might this be it?"

I would say No. From the various books I have read on Planet X its supposed to be somewere in the neighborhood of jupiter (size wise). It also has an orbit that brings it thru the inner solar system which according to legend is the reason for the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter. That being formerly once a planet that was destroyed by the gravity planet X on its last swing thru our region. On a side note the legend of planet x also has to do with the great flood story of noah in the bible.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if my posts show up on ATS at all.

To repeat: Sitchin's interpretation of Nibiru is not the only interpretation. People have to recognize the difference between his specific interpretations and what is actually found in Sumerian texts. In other words... there is more to Sumerian beliefs than what Sitchin wrote. Much more. In fact... he missed many key points and didn't discover the notion of a 'Nibiru' himself. So.... I'll be pissed if the next person who responds refers to the Sitchin interpretations w/o looking at the broader context of Sumerian myth.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Sometimes I wonder if my posts show up on ATS at all.

To repeat: Sitchin's interpretation of Nibiru is not the only interpretation. People have to recognize the difference between his specific interpretations and what is actually found in Sumerian texts. In other words... there is more to Sumerian beliefs than what Sitchin wrote. Much more. In fact... he missed many key points and didn't discover the notion of a 'Nibiru' himself. So.... I'll be pissed if the next person who responds refers to the Sitchin interpretations w/o looking at the broader context of Sumerian myth.

Easy tiger
I was only talking about what I have read and basing my assumptions from that.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nibiru was the 12th planet.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok, has it occured to anybody that this object could be artificial? What does a trans neptune orbit mean? that it will cross neptune's orbital path? if so? vertically or horizontally? Is it possible that it might be heading closer to earth? could this be why maybe discovery was launched in a hurry?

Does it have an atmosphere of any kind? this could be why its so bright.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
As I posted on another thread,

That isn't "Planet X." Trying to decide what to call these little balls of rock and ice is so trivial.

There is another body just outside of our system that's pulling on the outer planets, and thus their elliptical orbits and the unaccounted for 'wobbles' in their orbits ( www.space.com... ).

Also, check this article out:

www.mgr.org...

It was in papers about two decades ago, and was never followed up. It's either it's too dark and cold to be observed with our telescopes, or else it's been covered up. The presence of it's gravity is certainly there, and it's not some small chunk of ice, whatever it is.

This is a link explaining the problems in the orbits of bodies in the outer part of our solar system:

www.space.com...

Neptune and Pluto were both found by studying these orbital wobbles, starting with problems in the orbit of Uranus. No known body in our system can account for the mystery gravity being exerted on these outer bodies. It would have to be a large body, and not a Pluto-sized chunk of ice. I'm going to assume this mystery body is indeed Planet X, or Nibiru. In that case, then no, this is certainly not Nibiru. It's supposed to be much bigger.

And this,

www.mgr.org...

is the Washington Post article from 1983 detailing a body the size of Jupiter being found in our solar system. According to the article, it was too dark and cold to be picked up by our telescopes beforehand, despite its enormous size.

I think that Washington Post article is the closest we've come to public acknowledgement of Planet X or Nibiru. It wasn't followed up, despite what a potentially monumentous discovery it would've been. Something smells fishy with that.

Nibiru was the 12th planet

Only in Sitchin's work with Sumerian culture, in which the Sun and Moon were counted in their count of celestial bodies.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I came across this very surreal piece of new on CNN teletext. I have been reading about planet x/nibiru/12th planet for quite some times, and reading channelers and psychics forecasting it's arrival or discovery. I never really asribed much value to it, but after this revelation, I don't know what is happening now.

The two predominating theories are the planet contains belacose and advanced aliens that will lay invade Earth or the planet's approach will cause a pole shift, and the current spate of earthquakes we are having are because of Nibiru.

If they were right about it's existence, then I dare say, they could be right about the rest as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Man, as soon as I heard of this the other day, my first thought was just the reannouncement of an earlier object (that one was smaller than Pluto). My second thought was "crap, here we go with the Niburu crowd", hehe....
Personally, I think most astronomers really don't even think of Pluto as much of a planet, technically...but if the object is as big as they think it is...then I'd say they'll have to clarify what IS and what ISN'T a planet a bit more.....

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My second thought was "crap, here we go with the Niburu crowd", hehe....

Don't laugh Gaz..............the Annunaki are coming for you. You might want to stop bad-mouthing their planet. Your moderator powers won't save you then.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Bring 'em on! First I'll try splashing water at them (ala Signs), then sneeze at them (ala War of the Worlds, ET, etc.), or finally, shooting at them...

Seriously though....I doubt that floating rock is inhabited in any way, shape, or form...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Bring 'em on! First I'll try splashing water at them (ala Signs), then sneeze at them (ala War of the Worlds, ET, etc.), or finally, shooting at them...

Seriously though....I doubt that floating rock is inhabited in any way, shape, or form...

Or, if all else fails, just try punching them in the face....that seemed to work for Will Smith.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyinmydreams

There is much information out there to sort through inorder to filter out bias. I have read various manifest and conclude from feeling and knowledge from channeling that this has been known for a while, since 83. There is a plan of arrival to transcend those willing and stifle the oppression created by individuals that crave power. The ignorance that has developed is due to those who thrive on being 'superior' to the masses. This change to come scares them and must do all they can to 'empower' themselves in through false methods. They just miss the point. (ex, Israel being such a religious representation compared to the actions of Israel and the Hasbara manipulation of public knowledge.)Nibiru is hollow to inhabit beings that travel very far away from stars or light source. Personally, its comical to witness the disinformation that takes place on such a regular basis. We can stop wondering about the facts if we all accept it and invite the change and truth that awaits us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join