It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mineta testimony on Cheney stand down/shoot down censored

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Sorry man, but your whole scenario is only plausible if, for some reason, we didn't have radar. I mean come on! The greatest military in the world didn't notice on it's NORAD system that TWO different aircraft were bearing down on Washington??? EVERYONE knew (Hell, ALL of the tv stations were already reporting on the FOUR hijacked planes) BEFORE the crash in PA OR the Pentagon crash the number of the four hijacked flights. It doesn't make sense. And for the record, our fighter planes have the capability of making it from DC to NY in less than 15 minutes... plenty of time to have ANY scrambled fighters back in DC airspace BEFORE anything hit the Pentagon. I think it VERY obvious that we didn't do a thing about these aircraft and that we LET them hit their targets.

unfortunately some people have blind faith towards their government even though it is our job to question and correct anything they do wrong to keep them in line, which rarely happens these days.

people seriously need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I hate hearing these conversations.

First, we did all we could. Did you ever see the footage where they show all the planes landing in those few hours. THousands of them ,and if you order the wrong one shot down, you are screwed. Suddenly the plane is almost over Washington airspace, do you shoot it out of the sky and kill an etra few hunrded on the ground???? No, you wait till you can take out the last one in a field in PA. Remember, it may have been a heroic attempt at a rescue, and then they were shot down. Is there anyone on this board who is relatdd to someone who was killed on that filght. I remember that they gave family memebers the oppurtunity to hear the tapes, and then nothing else was said.

The hardest thing most of you do all days is figured out what underwaer to put on and whether or not to go to McDonalds for lunch. Suddenly you are bieng attacked with 747's!!! I think our government did what they could, and in downing that flight saved even more lives.....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I think our government did what they could, and in downing that flight saved even more lives.....

OH, I think they did what they could alright... they conned the American people and most of the world into believing in a threat that really never existed in the first place all in the name of the military industrial complex, profits and globalization. Sadly enough, it looks as though they may be getting away with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Point is, put yourself in the shoes of either of those men. First of all, we all at first thought it was an accident. Plane 2 hits, there is going to be a few minutes of disbelief, but then they have to try to act and they had noi idea how many there actuall ywere or could be...

Can you imagine how hard it was to order the shooting down of civilians in the first place.

And there is no con, there are 3000 dead in NY/PA, over 1800 dead in Iraq and more to come. This is a war, and history books will point to 9/11 as the spark that bought the US into WW3.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have immense faith in the military and very little in the government per se. If it truly took that long to get inteceptors on-station we'd all be speaking Russian by now. There are ready-alert fighters all over the country 24/7... most especially in and around DC. And these guys are as good as any pilots anywhere in the world. There was no risk of shooting down the wrong plane. I'm a pilot and work with ATC all the time. The military could have downed the errant planes with time to spare once the threat had been identified. This whole issue was and remains BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Esdad, what I fail to understand is why they would not even scramble interceptors for a plane that has been heading towards the Pentagon for about a half hour, while all commercial aircraft had already been ordered down to the nearest airport possible. The plane had shut its transponders off as well, which is another red flag that something is up with it. And when it turned around, it did about a 180, and turned completely in the opposite direction to start heading for Washington. Communication with the pilot had been lost for a good while now, and the FAA had already reported it to NORAD if I remember correctly.

But what did NORAD do to stop it? They had a full half hour, and they had interceptors that were sitting ready on "high alert" that they could scramble in a few short minutes. No attempts were even made to get this plane down despite all of that.

There are also the tons of other problems with the official story that you have to take into account for a bigger picture, from the unreproduceable WTC collapses and Silverstein's "pull it" comment, to the fake Bin Laden tapes and the Sept. 28th interview. Even these wars we have started, and couldn't have started otherwise, are a big hint. Al Qaeda would certainly have known better than to stir up a swarm of bees onto their arses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join