It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mineta testimony on Cheney stand down/shoot down censored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Mineta testimony on Cheney stand down/shoot down censored

Mineta video testimony

Mineta’s Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC) testimony was also edited out of the 9/11 Commission video archive.
When questioned about this, representatives at the National Archive stated that the video may have been lost because of a ‘snafu’. Following is a brief summary of the scrubbed video along with links to recently obtained C-SPAN video.

Mineta: “During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said to the vice president “do the orders still stand?” And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary!??”

It seems there were orders that coincide with the attacks wether it was shoot down or stand down. I'm not quite sure. More evidence that is was either an inside job or a total stand down.

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
wat the heck are u talking about? Cheney ordered to shoot down the aircraft, he did not hesitate after hearing another aircraft was being hijacked and heading towards Washington. the aide was asking if the orders still stands to shoot down the aircraft and he asked him 3 times i believe, the guy was scared because they could shoot down the wrong aircraft that may not have been hijacked or somthing.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
wat the heck are u talking about? Cheney ordered to shoot down the aircraft, he did not hesitate after hearing another aircraft was being hijacked and heading towards Washington. the aide was asking if the orders still stands to shoot down the aircraft and he asked him 3 times i believe, the guy was scared because they could shoot down the wrong aircraft that may not have been hijacked or somthing.

So the plane was 50 miles out, then 30 miles out then 10 miles out. Why wasn't jets scrambled when it was 50 miles out?

If the orders stood to shoot the plane down, why didn't they? I promise you there would be no confusion as to what jets were hi-jacked craft as all of them had no transponder and was not contacting the ATC.

So the only other logical order is a stand down order.

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
watch alex jones 3hr documentary martial 9\11.Cheney was also involved and they were just scared when the 4th plane was shot down.A general ordered the pilot to shoot down the 4th plane.
watch it
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 29-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
watch alex jones 3hr documentary martial 9\11.Cheney was also involved and they were just scared when the 4th plane was shot down.A general ordered the pilot to shoot down the 4th plane.
watch it
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 29-7-2005 by warthog911]

I have watched it and quite a few other documentaries.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Yeah man, there was no order to shoot the planes down. No planes were scrambled because of Flight 77 until after it had hit, and they can have interceptors up in Washington DC in 2 or 3 minutes or so. To contrast, Flight 77 was veering towards the Pentagon with its transponders off for 28 minutes. So yeah, if there was an order to shoot it down, it would've been shot down.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is a link to as series of articles on 9/11 by the Washington Post. V. P. Cheney is said to have given a shoot down order to the plane in Pennsylvania. The Mineta testimony was new to me. I did not know there was an existing order to shoot the plane heading toward the Pentagon.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The Mineta testimony was new to me. I did not know there was an existing order to shoot the plane heading toward the Pentagon.

There wasn't.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think our air defense did the best they could that day. I do not think there was any stand down or attempt to let any planes through. A plane hit the Pentagon probably because all fighters in the DC area were rushing to NYC to intercept the plane that hit the second tower. At the time everything was focused on New York City.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This footage is excellent. Thanks Veritas.

Young Man to Cheney: "Do the orders still stand?" [Debunkers, you are assuming the young man is asking this out of his own fear or fear of shooting the wrong plane? Please defend this assumption if so. He questions his orders again and again. Why else would he be asking at every twenty-mile interval? How long were the periods between his questions? How long for the jet to cover 20 miles? To me, he sounds like a young man who has been given a strange order he doesn't understand, such as: "Do not shoot down this inbound jet with the Pentagon's GtA missile batteries." This is an order he doesn't understand.. Why let a plane hit the Pentagon? This is also a plausible reason for him to repeatedly question the Vice Pres. as the plane approaches. We don't know who the young man was and neither did Mineta, so he was probably a messenger from someone else who was asking.]

Cheney: ("Whipping" his neck around) "Of course the orders still stand! Have you heard anything to the contrary?" [What is thought to be Cheney's mindset here? Genuinely upset about the impending deaths? Why does Mineta's testimony make it sound like Cheney wanted the kid to be quiet and let his orders roll on without question?]

Mineta is saying he had no word of an "order" of any kind until he overheard this conversation between Cheney and this "young man". If it WAS simply the "shoot down" order, why would the Sec. of Transportation not be in this loop when he's right there in the crisis center? This was an order he was not in on, according to his testimony. What order would that be?

Also, without exposing himself too much, he twice mentions that the planes dispatched to defend the Pentagon were from Langley, which took too long. It isn't directly related so why does he drop that point repeatedly? He seems to be saying something more about Cheney here.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hector
I think our air defense did the best they could that day.

You gotta be kidding me dude? What the hell DID they do? They stood down, the most secure airspace in the Nation, decades of regular intercepts, a policy of intercept in fact, and they stood down for HOURS dude. Hours while planes smashed into landmark buildings. They released an erronous time line, and lied about Penn.
Best job they could... get real.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You gotta be kidding me dude? What the hell DID they do? They stood down, the most secure airspace in the Nation, decades of regular intercepts, a policy of intercept in fact, and they stood down for HOURS dude. Hours while planes smashed into landmark buildings. They released an erronous time line, and lied about Penn.

Yes, I think our air defense did the best they could that day. You make my point when you say they shot down the plane in Pennsylvania. They would have shot all of them down if they could.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes, I think our air defense did the best they could that day. You make my point when you say they shot down the plane in Pennsylvania. They would have shot all of them down if they could.

But if you believe the government story, then Flight 93 wasn't shot down, rather it crashed due to the heroic efforts of passengers on board trying to wrest control of the plane from the boxcutter-wielding Islamic bad guys...only after finishing a few mobile phone conversations at 30,000 feet that is.

Flight 93 was shot down because some general disobeyed his orders and had it shot down.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I think our air defense did the best they could that day. I do not think there was any stand down or attempt to let any planes through. A plane hit the Pentagon probably because all fighters in the DC area were rushing to NYC to intercept the plane that hit the second tower. At the time everything was focused on New York City.

After the 2nd plane hit at the WTC, all commercial aircraft were ordered to immediately land at the nearest possible airport.

Instead, Flight 77 turned off its transponders, did a 180, and started its 28-minute barrel towards the most secure air space in the world: Washington, DC.

What about that indicates they did everything they could? They had plenty of fighters they never even gave orders to send up. Flight 77 was completely unimpeded, coming all the way from the West Virginia/Ohio border to hit the Pentagon after 2 hijackings had already taken place.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What about that indicates they did everything they could? They had plenty of fighters they never even gave orders to send up. Flight 77 was completely unimpeded, coming all the way from the West Virginia/Ohio border to hit the Pentagon after 2 hijackings had already taken place.

It is difficult to say which fighters were where on that day. The 9/11 Commission rewrote the timeline as to when our fighters departed their bases. Also as you recall the report had the fighters chasing phantom aircraft and going off shore in holding patterns. I think the Commission made most of this up and is trying to hide the fact that a fighter shot down the plane in Pennsylvania and came close to destroying some of the others.

If the military wanted a stand down then why would they risk their own lives with a plane crashing into the Pentagon?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It is difficult to say which fighters were where on that day. The 9/11 Commission rewrote the timeline as to when our fighters departed their bases. Also as you recall the report had the fighters chasing phantom aircraft and going off shore in holding patterns. I think the Commission made most of this up and is trying to hide the fact that a fighter shot down the plane in Pennsylvania and came close to destroying some of the others.

There are two squads of interceptors on 24/7 at Andrews AFB. None of these interceptors were sent up to intercept anything. It was not a matter of planes not being available. Three were already up at the time doing training excercises in North Carolina, as part of the wargames Dick Cheney was overseeing, no less. Those three were within a 10-minute fly of DC, while Flight 77 was taking nearly three times that long to get to the Pentagon, and while other interceptors were just sitting at Andrews AFB on "high alert," and never scrambled. Why wouldn't they be scrambled immediately?

Flight 77 has already been reported by the FAA to have had its transponders shut off, and it had turned around and was heading towards Washington. They knew this. And yet what was done about it?

If the military wanted a stand down then why would they risk their own lives with a plane crashing into the Pentagon?

Nothing was risked. You'll remember that the section of the Pentagon that was attacked was the least populated and also least useful section of the whole building at the time, as it was under construction and mostly vacant (though there's an odd story behind this point as well). Of the 27,000 employees, less than 200 people died in that attack, including the alleged aircraft fatalities.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.talkaboutculture.com...

After two hijacked airliners hit the World Trade Center, the Secret
Service tightened White House security. Cheney was rushed to an
underground tunnel leading to a shelter.

Cheney and Bush held a series of telephone calls. The vice president
asked what instructions should be given to the pilots of combat planes
being scrambled over Washington. Bush said he authorized that hijacked
planes be shot down.

Cheney's command post received word at 10:02 a.m. that a plane,
presumably hijacked, was heading for Washington. It was United Flight
93 which crashed in the Pennsylvania countryside at 10:03 a.m.
The White House was unaware of the crash and was told the plane was
still bearing down on Washington.

Sometime between 10:10 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., a military aide said the
aircraft was 80 miles out and Cheney was asked for authority to shoot
down the plane. He issued the order, the commission said. Minutes
later, the military aide reported that the plane was 60 miles out and
Cheney again was asked for authorization. Again, he said yes.

White House deputy chief of staff Joshua Bolten, at the conference
table with Cheney, suggested that the vice president contact Bush and
confirm his authorization. Cheney called the president and got the
confirmation, the commission said. Cheney's group received word that a
plane was down in Pennsylvania, and people in the conference room
wondered if it had been shot down at Cheney's direction.

About 10:30 a.m., officials with Cheney began receiving reports of
another hijacked plane, five to 10 miles out. Cheney issued yet
another order to engage the aircraft but it turned out to be a Medevac
helicopter and was not fired upon.

as u can see that Cheney did order the shooting down of the aircraft. many people would say that the plane that went down in Pennsylvania was shot down, even though the govt denies that, instead it was the heroic efforts by the passengers that lead to the crash. so there are many ways to see it, but Cheney did in fact order the shooting down of the aircraft that are hijacked.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That was Flight 93, not Flight 77. They were almost two hours late to intercept any of the planes by that point, because Flight 11 was lost at 8:15, and the first impact was only about 30 minutes later.

Flight 77 was an obvious hijacking by the time it turned around after an order to immediately land, and started for the Pentagon for 28 minutes. Again, this plane has by this point disobeyed orders and this is obvious on any FAA and NORAD radar. Further, the plane's transponders had been shut off, and it had done a complete 180 to turn around and head for Washington. They had 28 minutes to get something up to intercept it. They didn't scramble a damned thing. This is after two hijackings and crashes, when planes from Andrews AFB should have been immediately scrambled over Washington. I'm repeating myself over and over here. You guys should look into this yourselves.

Even so, that source has no more credibility or evidence in its favor than CNN reporting the official story.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
so this fella is saying there were planes in the area to intercept the flight correct?

and that chaney gave an order with the knowledge of the distance of the planes and the knowledge that there were aircrafts available to shoot them down correct?

and his orders was being questioned by a young man, whom we are assuming was worried about the orders chaney gave with the knowledge that he know about the distance and the availability of fighters around correct?

also, the director of transportation wasn't in on the decision making, which is part of his job correct?

well then, if all above is correct, the conclusion is that the orders were given to the fighters to stand down and do nothing. doesn't take sherlock holmes to solve this mystery. it's sad the state of vegetation most americans are in.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry man, but your whole scenario is only plausible if, for some reason, we didn't have radar. I mean come on! The greatest military in the world didn't notice on it's NORAD system that TWO different aircraft were bearing down on Washington??? EVERYONE knew (Hell, ALL of the tv stations were already reporting on the FOUR hijacked planes) BEFORE the crash in PA OR the Pentagon crash the number of the four hijacked flights. It doesn't make sense. And for the record, our fighter planes have the capability of making it from DC to NY in less than 15 minutes... plenty of time to have ANY scrambled fighters back in DC airspace BEFORE anything hit the Pentagon. I think it VERY obvious that we didn't do a thing about these aircraft and that we LET them hit their targets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join