It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil worshipper convicted in death of college student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - An alleged devil worshipper faces life in prison for killing a college student in his apartment and then setting her body on fire.

Mark Anthony Alverez, 30, was convicted in the death of Crisie Mejias, a 20-year-old California student he met while working as a bouncer at a salsa dance Aug. 5, 2001. Jurors deliberated more than ten hours Saturday before finding Alverez guilty of second-degree murder and second-degree arson. On Monday, Circuit Judge Lance Day scheduled sentencing for Oct. 7.

www.bradenton.com...

So obviously there are satanists, but how common are they really? Are they all loners, or do they work in groups?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Do they work in groups? lol..
That's like asking if Christians work in groups or if Britians work in groups, etc...

I know a few Satanists at my school, and there's about 20 differen kinds. There are several Satanists/Luciferians on ATS, I won't name names, but I'll tell you i u2u if you really want to know for educational purposes. I don't like religious bashing. Used to be into it, then I grew up.

I don't like the case. The defending attorney is going for the whole *religous discrimination effect*. It doesn't matter what religon you are. No relgion exempts you from the penalty for killing someone. Kind of cheap if you ask me...

- Tassadar

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think to commit an act like that it has alot to do with the character of a person, you must be the type of person capable of doing those things. I think alot use Devil worship as a vent for their violence or an excuse.
I am a satanist - but as mentioned already there are many different types, i'm modern bordering on eclectic.
And devil worshippers tend to differ from all other branches of satanism in that they actually worship what they see as evil. Other satanists do not. And although i like to try and understand all perspectives, i really fail to see why someone would go agains their own nature by doing what they see as wrong... the only way i can see this as plausable is that they aren't doing what they feel is wrong but label it as such because society sees it that way...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
must have been republican.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He's what they call a pseudo satanist...

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While this murder is horrific, there is another bad result - a lot of extremely ignorant people will see that and start thinking along the lines of "From now on, anyone who wears all black clothing are murderers, I'll hurt/kill every one of them I see....."

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This whole quadrant of Florida, is pretty messed up... A few years back, there was a notorious serial killer caught in the area... Right up around there, are several towns with a high concentration of Satanists... Granted, they run the gambit from overzealous Goths, to seriously demented, but there must be something in the water, or something....

top topics

join