It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA beat Iraqis with hammer handles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hunting Veritas that was a bit of an eye opener, I never did like the US militarys way of doing things (No offence anyone who was part of it, you done your bit for the world and should be very proud) and now I hate it even more. I guess I have to do a bit more reading before opening my mouth.

Thanks man!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here is some more Information about the "Interrogation Techniques" used in Prisons:

The documents relate to internal military investigations into interrogation tactics. In one instance described in the papers, a detainee was repeatedly slammed into the floor while interrogators held his limbs.

In addition, several documents describe instances in which interrogators withheld food from detainees, lowered the temperature in cells to 52 degrees and denied the prisoners access to toilets. In another set of documents, papers describe a prisoner’s 2002 hunger strike, during which he shed 30 pounds in three months.

newstandardnews.net...

Nice Guys, huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Here is some more Information about the "Interrogation Techniques" used in Prisons:

The documents relate to internal military investigations into interrogation tactics. In one instance described in the papers, a detainee was repeatedly slammed into the floor while interrogators held his limbs.

In addition, several documents describe instances in which interrogators withheld food from detainees, lowered the temperature in cells to 52 degrees and denied the prisoners access to toilets. In another set of documents, papers describe a prisoner’s 2002 hunger strike, during which he shed 30 pounds in three months.

newstandardnews.net...

Nice Guys, huh?

extremely, i'd like to get on that diet.

Jared don't got poop on them

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Im still waiting for the day, that beheading videos and torture of american prisoners and contract workers, is mandatory vieiwing for anyone who wants to voice there opinions about the war, and, how, evil america is.

Watch the nick berg video, or any of ther others, its amazing how fast you stop giving a damn about those savages.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is a great day in the history of Iraq. The fact that we are beating them with sledgehammer handles, and not the actual sledgehammer, is a great advancement for the rights of Iraqi's!

Saddam's regime would have SURELY used the actual sledgehammer head to beat it's citizens. Iraqis should take to the streets to proclaim their joy over how great we are treating them! I mean, we closed the Rape Rooms (for the most part), what more do they want???

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Im still waiting for the day, that beheading videos and torture of american prisoners and contract workers, is mandatory vieiwing for anyone who wants to voice there opinions about the war, and, how, evil america is.

Watch the nick berg video, or any of ther others, its amazing how fast you stop giving a damn about those savages.

oh i've seen it. ive seen how they cute men limb from limb for stealing (their own people), ive seen them cut tongues off liars with razors i've seen how they deal with humans and it's not pretty.

but my question to you is, why must we (so called civilized folks) go down to their level? shouldn't we set an example. yes it's War time but is that an excuse to throw humanity out the window. it's not like these interrogations are being held in guerrilla warfare settings, they are being held in closed out areas were such acts aren't necessary.

we understand they would do the same, if not worse if they had one of us over them, but must we do the same? isn't this why we are going over there? to change their regime and hopefully make them as civil as us? i guess this is what we get from a war that has yet had a definitive reason why it started.

im intrigue to hear your rebuttal.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
This is a great day in the history of Iraq. The fact that we are beating them with sledgehammer handles, and not the actual sledgehammer, is a great advancement for the rights of Iraqi's!

You Never Cease to Amaze me with your Answers.

You are actually making Fun out of these People - feeling Safe and Secure Behind those Big Walls you think you Own the Planet huh?

Saddam's regime would have SURELY used the actual sledgehammer head to beat it's citizens. Iraqis should take to the streets to proclaim their joy over how great we are treating them! I mean, we closed the Rape Rooms (for the most part), what more do they want???

What MORE do they Want?

Hmmmmmm - the way I see it there is really not much Change for them. Its quite the Opposite, its probably Worse. There were no suicide attacks before this "War on Terror" present in Iraq. The Prison Abusement is BACK - only the Guards have changed their Uniforms, but the Techniques remain more or less the same.

And you ask yourself, what MORE do they want?

EDIT:

Suggested Reading:

Historians Against War: Guantanamo Prison

Historians Against War: Treatment Of Prisoners in US Custody

Historians Against War: The Abu Ghraib Scandal and the U.S. Occupation of Iraq

[edit on 30/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In addition, several documents describe instances in which interrogators withheld food from detainees, lowered the temperature in cells to 52 degrees and denied the prisoners access to toilets.

newstandardnews.net...

Nice Guys, huh?

I know of that incident, was it not back in the 80's. The CIA agent didn't get a warm welcome from Ronald Reagan nor his staff. He's no longer an agent because I believe they fired him.
The detainee died later, but its been debated on what caused his death. Its really no secret.

Sometimes interrorgation tactics are important for saving lives and bringing criminals to justice; but I dont support torture nor severe stress techniques. We need nonlethal but effective ways of dealing with detainees.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Original post by C0le, edited by Tinkleflower
Im still waiting for the day, that beheading videos and torture of Iraqi prisoners and contract workers, is mandatory vieiwing for anyone who wants to voice there opinions about the war, and, how, evil Iraq is.

Watch the Gitmo video, or any of ther others, its amazing how fast you stop giving a damn about those savages.

Hmmm...if we change a couple of words, it's still as repugnant an idea, isn't it? And it doesn't make it ok, does it?

Please get past the grossly inaccurate perception that the people who are speaking out about prisoner abuse are somehow supporting the insurgent attacks. That's such an incredibly narrow, black-and-white view of things; and it's just not based in reality.

It is possible you know, to decry BOTH situations. That's what most of us are doing, instead of playing "Well THEY do worse, why shouldn't we?!" game.

The cycle has to stop somewhere. We (as in, "The allied forces") are really the only ones in a position to do so.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
"CIA beat Iraqis with hammer handles"

So what?

How about this:

"Iraqi's blow up women and children daily and behead anybody they can get thier hands on"

I agree skippy! If it's ok for the CIA to do it, it's ok for everyone else!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You are actually making Fun out of these People - feeling Safe and Secure Behind those Big Walls you think you Own the Planet huh?

see this is the BS atitude you foreigners have, is this bred of jealousy, i believe so. Who ever said we owned the world? hmmm? are you so intimidated that this is your belief souljah? How many times has your application for american citizenship been rejected?
BTW, and i know since your from yugoslavia and use to the soviet walls you dont realise this, but we have no walls. just the ones we lock up these iraqis prisoners in.

to be quite honest, after seing what they did to nick berg, i could care less if they ever saw the light of day again,(some probably wont). had iraqis not commited such heinous crimes id might be more sympathetic but im not.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What MORE do they Want?

Hmmmmmm - the way I see it there is really not much Change for them. Its quite the Opposite, its probably Worse. There were no suicide attacks before this "War on Terror" present in Iraq. The Prison Abusement is BACK - only the Guards have changed their Uniforms, but the Techniques remain more or less the same.

And you ask yourself, what MORE do they want?

EDIT:

Suggested Reading:

Historians Against War: Guantanamo Prison

Historians Against War: Treatment Of Prisoners in US Custody

Historians Against War: The Abu Ghraib Scandal and the U.S. Occupation of Iraq

Sorry if I find amusement, or enjoyment, in the beating of TERRORISTS and
MURDERERS. The idea that these people being "beaten" are nothing more than innocent civilians who were just walking their dog in the park is a JOKE. It's liberal propaganda. Despite whatever Bush-hating dillusions you want to spread, these aren't innocent people. Our soldiers don't just drive around and pick people at random to torture. That was Uday Hussein. Ya know, the EVIL regime we ousted against your wishes?

To even compare the current situation in Iraq to how it was for the past few decades, or to even insist that it's actually worse now, is a complete joke. To blame us for the terrorist acts committed by the enemies of freedom is an even bigger joke. You are just so consumed with unfounded hate for our country and our government that you are willing to side with TERRORISTS. You are willing to justify the excuses of those who blow themselves up to take innocent women and children with them.

I'm going against every fiber of my being by not calling you every cowardly and disgusting adjective that I can think of right now. The fact remains that you are just a clueless, liberal... argh I'm not even going to continue. You just make me sick. Keep condoning the actions of terrorists and dictatorial regimes. It really makes you look good. Just don't expect to ever see the Pearly Gates.

D

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm going against every fiber of my being by not calling you every cowardly and disgusting adjective that I can think of right now. The fact remains that you are just a clueless, liberal...

There we go again, throwing around the liberal label. As if it means anything by now with amount of its usage on this forum. Same with the label conservative.

I will have to repeat what I said to you in another thread:

I wish people would stop throwing the conservative and liberal label around. There are more than 2 schools of politics and ideology. if you're ready to umbrella yourself or blanket someone else with these labels then this really goes to show your narrow minded views and your lack of ability to form your own personal opinions.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
to be quite honest, after seing what they did to nick berg, i could care less if they ever saw the light of day again,(some probably wont). had iraqis not commited such heinous crimes id might be more sympathetic but im not.

Iraqis didn't kill Nick Berg, al Qaeda did.

The original web site that aired the beheading video said, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a top ally of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was the man who cut off Berg's head.
Al Qaeda is not exclusive to Iraq. Bin Laden was born in Saudi Arabia. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was born in Jordan. Iraqis fear al Qaeda, they bomb them every day.

It is fine to be mad at those who murder, but it looked like you were lumping all Iraqis into this wrong doing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by D

I'm going against every fiber of my being by not calling you every cowardly and disgusting adjective that I can think of right now. The fact remains that you are just a clueless, liberal...

There we go again, throwing around the liberal label. As if it means anything by now with amount of its usage on this forum. Same with the label conservative.

I will have to repeat what I said to you in another thread:

I wish people would stop throwing the conservative and liberal label around. There are more than 2 schools of politics and ideology. if you're ready to umbrella yourself or blanket someone else with these labels then this really goes to show your narrow minded views and your lack of ability to form your own personal opinions.

I heard you the first time and I still don't agree. Are you denying the existence of liberals? I'm not calling half the population liberals. I'm calling this guy a liberal. Maybe I should be more specific, though. He's a radical, left-wing, terrorist-sympathizing, propaganda-spreading, Islamofascist-supporting LIBERAL. I agree, there are more than 2 schools of political ideology. Just as there are many degrees of liberalism. This guy suffers from the above mentioned lowest form of American-hating liberalism.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Nice.

I wonder what they "Didn't" Use on Iraqi Prisoners?

Shows just how Close to the Saddam Regime the "New Situation in Iraq" is.

Dangerously Close....

Except for the obvious difference; these idiots are being brought up on charges while Hussein's regime condoned such behavior.

Have you ever made an objective statement since coming here?

D

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No I'm not saying liberal's don't exist. It's just that it's pretty hard to define a liberal. A liberal in the US would differ greatly from a liberal in Australia or China or any other country. A liberal in China would be the students who marched for demoracy in 1989 for example, and in Australia they would again be different. The party in Government here in Australia are called the Liberal's but they're actually conservative and right leaning. So you see, to me, it's a bit confusing when the word "liberal" is used as it seems to blanket everyone who's against the war or an military action and other stuff like that. Personally and I think for a lot of people, people take elements of ideologies they like and stick up for them. Myself for example, I'm against the use of torture, I don't really approve of the war, but I do think something had to be done, I'm pro-immigration, I believe in the rights of illegal immigrants/asylum seekers. On the other hand, I'm anti-abortion, I believe that in particular the Christian church has the right to a larger voice in politics, but not in the way of the Right wing evangelicals do it in the US.

So you see, what label would I fall under? Neither I believe. So it's a bit misleading to label someone before you gain a larger understanding of their views and that was my main problem with the liberal and conservative labels as those labels were applied to people who have specific views on war and social issues.

But yes, although I don't agree with your view on the issue or your observation on Souljah, I see what type of "liberal" you're applying in this case.

[edit on 30/7/05 by D]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Who would you rather be held by? Americans at Gitmo or by insurgents inside Iraq?

Ill take an extra helping on glazed chicken after my hammer handle beatings please thank you.

An insurgent in Iraq because you can negotiate with them for your release, it happens quiet a lot, whereas in Gitmo you'll be there for years without any chance of getting out or pleading your case.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
How many times has your application for american citizenship been rejected?

That's pathetic. And people wonder why there's anti-US sentiment around the world?

Right, right...except (as someone else pointed out) Iraqis weren't responsible for the death of Nick Berg. That would be Al Qaeda (assuming we're going with the official story, and not the "The CIA actually did it" theory).

So what's your beef with Iraqis again? Or is it - and I'm asking this seriously - simple xenophobia?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
man i would sure love to beat a few people here with a hammer handle....some mods included

its OK, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join