It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New planet discovered? (Planet X?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
the ramifications of this "new" find will be surpressed for years to come. Maybe by 2010 they will get around to re-writing our view of the solar system.

Well it is 2010 let's see if you were right? 5 years later and it could very well happen soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle

P.S. - Nirubu dosn't exist, nor has it ever, it's just a myth.

G'day All,

Well gold eagle, my bet would be that you would have said the same about Sedna before it was found, thats if the Sumerian's mentioned it.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos......

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by robertfenix
the ramifications of this "new" find will be surpressed for years to come. Maybe by 2010 they will get around to re-writing our view of the solar system.

Well it is 2010 let's see if you were right? 5 years later and it could very well happen soon.

It already happened in 2006.

The new "planet" in the OP turned out to be what we are now calling "Eris". Eris is bigger than Pluto and has its own Moon. So when it was discovered in 2005 it was called a new planet by some, because at the time Pluto was still a planet.

However, in 2006, because of the discovery of the new object described in the OP (Eris), Pluto was demoted to a new class of objects called "dwarf planets", along with this newly-discovered object (Eris).

So the discovery of this new object in 2005 did in fact re-write our view of the Solar System in 2006.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Zecharia Sitchin said that maybe in 2160 Planet X would show up.

Great Lecture, a little bit slow, but plenty of information about history.

There are 12 parts, but it's amazing how the books of history are made up.

just my opinion.

here is the first

The guy has some credibility. Too many books sold.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by RUSSO]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Zecharia Sitchin said that maybe in 2160 Planet X would show up.

Great Lecture, a little bit slow, but plenty of information about history.

There are 12 parts, but it's amazing how the books of history are made up.

just my opinion.

The guy has some credibility. Too many books sold.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by RUSSO]

wow, i am surprised your post made it 5 months without a response,

you know i hear the sceptics moan alot about excessive planet x posts, but this thread is 5 years old, solid, and only made it 3 pages.

anyhow i found this youtube video i think its about the same planet as found in the OP of this thread. i searched ats but couldnt find this video on here yet.

www.youtube.com... watch?v=90TWpYkMj0I&feature=channel

[edit on 27-8-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Yes -- 2003 UB313 is a real object, and it was the object mentioned in the OP, but it is NOT officially a planet.

What was originally called "2003 UB313" is now called "Eris". Eris is larger than Pluto and even has its own moon. If Pluto was still a planet, then Eris would definitely have qualified as the 10th planet.

However, it was the very discovery of Eris -- and the idea that it would be the 10th planet -- that caused the International Astronomical Union (IAU) to re-define exactly what a planet was. They argued that if Pluto was a planet, and Eris was a planet, then there were many other already-discovered objects that rightfully should be called planets -- such as Sedna (another object almost as large as Pluto). There could potentially be more than 15 things that had been discovered that could be called "planets", and potentially many more yet to be discovered.

So -- because of the discovery of 2003 UB313/Eris, the IAU decided in 2006 that Eris, Sedna, and Pluto should not be classified as planets, but should belong to a whole new classification of objects called "Dwarf Planets".

As a result, poor Pluto got demoted from planet to dwarf planet, and the excitement over Eris being the 10th planet turned to a bit of disappointment for its discovers. It would not be the 10th planet. Eris IS, however, the largest of the "dwarf planets" -- even larger than Pluto.

Here's an informative (and "fun") web page about Eris (2003 UB313) written by Mike Brown, the discoverer of Eris. It was originally written when Pluto was still a planet (and Mike figured that Eris, too, is a planet), but it has been updated occasionally to keep up with the new definition of "Planet":
www.gps.caltech.edu...

and a wikipedia article on Eris:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join