It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology wanted millions, gets $4,500

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
CLEARWATER - A tiny smile creased Ken Dandar's face as a clerk read the first count of the jury verdict.

Compensatory damages he owed the Church of Scientology: $4,500.

Dandar knew then he had won.

www.sptimes.com...

This guy had been suing the church for wrongful death, and the church sued him back.

Somehow Scientology gets missed in these discussions. Are any scientologists members? Does anyone have an opinion? Know anyone?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I Knew several people who joined. They were not happy.

My brother once delivered news papers to one's house and he heard two of them screaming at the table to "MOVE"!!! Come on table MOVE!!!

The son told me he had to use a device which measures electric current when held in your hand. When you speak words and the meter registors a low current it means you had some problem in your past life which stops you from reaching your full pontential.

As soon as he was old enough to leave the house he and his sister fled. They turned out OK. The parents divorced.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i dont know if i can really form any kind of opinion on this as i really dont know a lot of scientology but i will say that if person think praying alone will cure someone of (insert ailment here) they need to get their head examined.

pray for little johnny's broken arm to be set and healed! i'm sure if its gods will for johnny to have two good arms he'll set johnny's broken arm. right? right!

wrong!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Scientology capital of the world, and I've lived there also. Scientology is nothing but a Cult really. However, it operates a little differently, in that unlike most cults, who like to take people's money and give them nothing in return...it is a big networking orgy, where scientologists throw money and clients, etc. to other scientologists (who of course, give to the "church" and pay for "classes"). Dianetics, is kind of the "bible" for them, but the basic jist is this...

All things bad in your life are the result of engrams (bad things that happened to you when you were in an unconscious moment), and that in order to move forward, you have to remove these engrams and become a "clear". To become a clear of course, you must attend Dianetic "classes". Well established business owners join the cult also, but if one is young, and just starting out, they may join as a business opportunity, and be guaranteed a job at one of the other Scientologist's business, etc. while they are in training...and they also get living quarters out of the deal...in exchange for trying to spread the word (you can see them marching like drones all throughout downtown Clearwater, hehe....)

Several different sects of Scientology exist too.... Some actually believe the sci-fi books written by the founder (L. Ron Hubbard) are not fiction! Others, believe in mental powers above and beyond the amateur psychology that forms the basis of the "religion".

Prank Monkey: You're thinking of Christian Scientists...

I hope this clarifies some things for people....

Note: I am NOT a Scientologist, but my location gives me a rather good insight into this...imho....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Prank Monkey: You're thinking of Christian Scientists...

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too.

I got hit by one of thier flyer campaigns, it was a psychology test, so i took it, sent it in, next thing I know, Im getting a call from the Scientology church In Bellvue, so I figured what the hell, went there.......

Gazrok is right, they are like a bunch of spaced out drones, scary, they are like the Borg, wanting to assimilate you into thier......collective. They sta me in a room with some brainwash video tapes, it was then that I snuck out, terrified.

L Ron Hubbard created the religion on a drunken bet. He created a new religion that was a serious cash cow. People dump all sorts of money into it. Famous people are in the church as well, like Kirstey Alley, John Travolta, and Lisa Presley. Elvis seemed interested in it, but Elvis liked alot of wierd #......

Frightening really, it is a cult. Did you know they even have thier own cruise ship?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ok i was tired when i made that post.

scientologists are MUCH worse than the people i was talking about.

NOW that my mind is thinking clearly....
yes these L ron hubbard followers are nuts. they believe things that even some far out there people would be forced to say "damn, thats whacko!"

dianetics was promoted for the long time. i STILL remember seeing commercials for this book when i was younger and i kept thinking "whats the hype about?" and later i found out.

P T Barnum said it best....

there's a sucker born every minute.

new topics

top topics

join