It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Probes possible Mad Cow Case (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A US cow was tested for Mad Cow and showed some straining in brain cell tissues, but they were not distributed normally. Federal health authorities are still investigating and expect more test results back, next week.

www.cnn.com
(CNN) -- Federal health authorities are investigating another possible case of mad cow disease in a U.S. cow, the Department of Agriculture's chief veterinarian said Wednesday.

"Late yesterday, we received non-definitive test results on an animal sample" at USDA National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Ames, Iowa, Dr. John Clifford told reporters in a conference call.

A laboratory staining technique designed to identify the rogue proteins called prions that cause the disease showed "some staining" in brain stem tissue, but the stains were not distributed in a normal pattern, Clifford said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This was a cow that had died back in April with complications from calving. 419,000 animals have been tested so far. They need to be testing millions of cows. If this disease gets into humans which I believe it is in the US, millions will die. The talk about alzheimer's being mad cow makes me real nervous.

Edit to add these numbers:

More than 176 000 tests out of a total cattle population of almost 95 million have been carried out in the USA and more than 21 000 out of 14.5 million cattle in Canada during 2004.

Thats less then a quarter million tests for 95 million cows. It's just not enough!

Related News Links:
www.sourcewatch.org
www.organicconsumers.org
www.orwelltoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What are those Canadians trying to feed us anyways?
Mad Cow Case Confirmed in Japan
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
All about Mad cow disease

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Ycon]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I reported this story two days ago.

www.atsnn.com...

join