It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do insane things in you're dreams!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yo everyone this is something amazing. I thought it was just some technique that I found in a Carlos Castaneda book, BUT I tried it and it works even better than the book says.

1) Go to sleep, Dream.
2) At any point, remember to look at your hands. Just look down at your palms
3) You are superman. But more than that, you are god. You can make a 1000 foot mountain fall on your enemies, or the hottest chick come walking in wit her sister! Go fly around like neo and fly to your house, land on the roof and turn the gravity down, have some old friends over. If anyting happens you don’t like, just will it otherwise. It’s the most fun I’v had in a long time and I woke up rested the next day.

This really totally works. Try and tell me what u can do.

Some ideas if u get bored: Make a spaceship from a computer game u played before fly down for you, and have fun flying around the planet in it, what could go wrong?

** Once I was able to do that I tried experimenting with some ideas. What if once I had control of a dream, I sat down in a chair and meditated. Or laid down and went to sleep. A dream within a dream.

PS i don't trust other stuff from his books to be true but this thing works thats all i know

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
In the beginning the hardest part is trying to remember to look at your damn hands. But if u got good memory it’s easy

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It is called Lucid Dreaming these days.

The hands technique does work for some people, although I never had any luck with it. For me it was the result of a lot of effort, but well worth it.

For many, including myself much to my surprise, it is almost too good. Quite frequently I lose the state and drift back into normal Dreams because it is just too much fun. I have much better luck when I use the state as another tool in the neverending quest for self-knowledge.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
to sum up a key thing he learns from Don Juan in his books about dreaming: he refers to it as ones "power". it takes time to build, but once you do more of changing dreams and that sort of thing, the longer you can hold one thing still. If you nodice in dreams, hardly ever do you just sit still and do nothing; you're always moving around. he says just stop in a dream and chill. look at stuff and if you see it shifting and its unstable, then your power is almost run out. you must look at something else.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As quoted above the poster is talking about lucid dreaming, it is a a alterd state of consioucness where the person is aware of their dream. There are quiet a few tricks to be able to lucid dream, some are trying to look at clocks in the room, trying to turn a light switch on and off etc.. What the aim is to be able to look at something in your dream and it makes you remember "im in a dream" this is entering the lucid state, and as far as i can get really. Alot of people when entering a lucid state get so confused and pretty much power drunk that they cant control the dream and they normaly wake up. There has also been other reports that as soon as they have gone lucid a group of people ambush them with clubs in the dream which makes them wake.
In any case lucid dreaming is one thing i think we need to do more research on, it is away to b able to search your own sub-councious. It is said that alot of great inventions through out time have been dreamend up. I was acturly watching a documentury on the history channel which said einstein got the ida of the theory of relativity from a dream. Could lucid dreaming be a way to be able to find hidden knowledge bruied in our sub coincious? Just a theory.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
being killed right away is a problem. i have died even when i know its a dream, but that makes it like a video game, trying to stay alive with the power of a god within you, sounds like the next PS3 game idea.

and yes, its clearly a powerful area and to think that each night you have a chance to enter that state, you might as well go for it.

BTW the reason don juan said to look at your palms is because unlike clocks, they are Always there

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The easiest way to do lucid dreaming is to program your mind by training it to read signs on the highway and billboards twice, everything twice, then ask yourself if you are dreaming. After a few weeks of this, it becomes a habit and you will start doing it in dreams. The key here is to remember that in dreams, a sign never says the same thing twice, if you can read it at all. Try it out. This has been discussed here before on a thread, but I am to lazy to dig it up...lol

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Never had any luck with such things. I probably dont stay in the proper state long enough, especially when my timetable is only 6 hours or less, which means no dreams at all, or I simply dont remember them.

Dreams might allow you unlimted power, but they also unlock your hidden desires, and some people might be surprized at what they find.

BZ

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
this sounds fantsastic

i will try and give it a go tonight,what is the purpose of looking at your hands?

on another note, i remember from an old BBC programme called porridge that used to be on.
the main characters fletcher and godpur.

in one scene, fletcher talks to godpur about dreaming,how the srews can take away all your privilages but one thing they cant do is take away dreaming,and if you can controll you dreaming and youre in the nick or poor,you can be anyone you want to be,escape the walls of the prison.

i found that quite reassuring,but now i have read this,no matter where you are or wat your circumstances you can have controll of one thing,and its completely free

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
either I can't just do anything I want, everything seems to do something else than I want it to, or I wake up. I can't remeber ever actually being in 'control' of my dreams.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes I will have the exact dream that I've had before and I mean years before. They've been particular dreams which have stood out and I've always remebered bits and pieces, I get the old deja vu feelings.....it's weird.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The hand thing sounds cool, I'll give it a try (If I can remember)! But I don't think I have hands in my dreams, or atleast they're invisible or something
I could reach out to someone and I can't see my arm or hand.

The God thing has always worked for me in my dreams. Except when it's a really powerful nightmare,or a very realistic dream, then I can't be a "God".

Oh, has anyone ever seen their reflection in their dreams?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Your thread reminded me of something.

I'm just wondering if anyone in Central America has tried Don Juan's "divination" process in which he carefully cultivates two Datura plants, turns it into a paste and applies it, then sows the eyes and mouth of two different lizards shut (There's more to it then that). It's supposed to allow the user to become a divine seer. If anyone has tried this please U2U me. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Even if you don't have hands in your deam, if you can go through the logical thought process: wait, is this a deam? look down at the ground and bring your hands face up in front of your face. Your brain will make the hands if they are not there, just like any other object. that proves that its a deam, and as for you're source of power its the understanding that its within your own head, you own it just as much as you're house.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Iv had Lucid dreams for a long time but I have never tried the hand thing

Im going to sleep only 3 hours today so I can sleep good tonight.

this sounds awfull but I feel "powerfull" when I can beat the crap out of some guy I can`t stand in the dream
SweeT !

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This sounds really good I have accidentally done it before, but It was because the dream was so rediculess.. i just basically thought what the hell, when everyone started applausing a piece of wood in my back yard... Im going to try the hand think, I remember seeing something similar on an episode of star trek

Vorta

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Dreams can be very fun to take control over. Dreams can also be more alarming to you after you wake up rather than when you experienced them if you remember doing things that are a bit on the dark side.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Following the tradtion of Carlos Castaneda and Phillip K. Dicks, a guy named Jake Horsley wrote a book - which some may find of interest...

Matrix Warrior
Being the One
by Jake Horsley

Anyone read the book? Or heard of it... I think its one of the best books I have ever read, though I am yet to read any of Castaneda and K. Dicks... I thouroughly recommend it...

Here is Jake Horsleys website www.divinevirus.com

Let me know what yous think...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Here is Jake Horsleys website www.divinevirus.com

Let me know what yous think...

It's interesting to think of our perceived reality as less real than say our dreams and that this reality may not be as real as we think. I saw some things that seemed strangely religious in nature such as things of this reality are not really that important since they are all an illusion of this reality or matrix as some call it. You can start wondering if our perceived reality really is just an illusionary matrix if in fact so many people already believe that someone they believe in 2000 years ago did in fact walk on water and perform miracles in this reality. It's almost like a repeating message that this world is illusionary. I have yet to personally see anyone walk on water though so I'm still stuck in this reality. It would be nice if I could alter this reality just by thinking about it. Guess I'm limited to dreams so far.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
It's interesting to think of our perceived reality as less real than say our dreams and that this reality may not be as real as we think.
[...]
You can start wondering if our perceived reality really is just an illusionary matrix if in fact so many people already believe that someone they believe in 2000 years ago did in fact walk on water and perform miracles in this reality.
[...]

Trying not to discredit your post (which I thought was great), but I'm gonna go off on a different tangent - and I'll come back to the whole Matrix thing...:

Talking about Bible miracles, this may be of interest... I remember reading somewhere about Moses and the parting of the RED sea, to avoid the Roman soldiers (or who ever it was (Im not a huge follower of the Christian religion))... These scientists did some research and studies, and came to the conclusion that Moses DID NOT part the RED sea to lead the Jews to safety, but instead crossed what they call - The REED sea, which was infact a huge Reed Reef or something, and when the tide was at a certain level they managed to cross safely, but as the tide came in, and the water got to deep, the Roman soldiers unable to cross ended up dying...

So who knows about the other miracles, and whos to say what I was told was true either... I watched this huge documentry on the History Channel, that was trying to make the case that Extra-Terrastials were responsible for almost everything that happened in the Bible - anyone else see this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, back to the Matrix...

I am almost positive that other realities do exist...

But my line of thinking is a little different to what I first perceived the Matrix to be...

Some see the Matrix as - artifical intelligence, breeding us as an energy source, and giving us a "fake" reality to live, inside a computer program. I prefer to see the "Matrix" as a; Global conciousness, that has been developed over decades through mass media, and governmental propagation - that has made us into a army of consumers - trapped inside a system that is extremely difficult to escape from... THIS, ladies and gentleman is the work of the New World Order - who ever they are...

But then again - that could be me just being extemely paranoid - which I tend to have a little trouble with these days... Probably because I think things like the Manchurian Candinate - is quite possibley REAL...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I do think other realities exist - and I think it is possible to tap into them - I think enlightenment is quite possible such a phenomenon... I think when we die our life-force goes into the universe and can turn up again in any number of places...

But when you think about it... Perception is reality - and whos to say the people with schizophrenia really are "crazy"... Infact, some people may be interested in this... [ The Blessing of Madness ]

There is so little the human race actually understand - science just dismisses everything because of the lack of scientific evidence... For example - the current debate taking place over Intelligent Design vs. Evolution... Now, I beleive in evolution, but I also beleive in some kind of force (known to some as god) which I think is responsible for everything in the universe... Who was the architect for evolution - evolution didn't just come out of no where - something had to take place in order to facilitate this process...

Anyway - I'm rambling - But there is more to the universe than what we can see, its a shame that institutionalised religion has destroyed what I would term super-reality... and its a shame that science is so dogmatic...

new topics

top topics

join