It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Religion of Peace not the distruction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Dear All who are involved in this endless discussion:
I am based in UAE and very keen to see the debate on the subjest of Terrorism, I decided to pop up in this discussion as I see both parties are getting lost in these threads without a jointly conculsion. It seems to me that we just satisfy ourselves rather than collectively putting an effort to bring the societies together and help resolving issues by understanding eachother in a better way. Instead of wasting our energies on unnecessary argument why don't we just take a deep breath and let's first define the terrorism. I have seen all of us (Muslims or non-Muslims) engaged in this argument but have not seen the real meaning of Terrorism, or Jihad that is termed by West or non-Muslim society as terrorism. Let me add in the Islam’s claim that this religion is a religion of peace. Quraan never teaches you killing and destruction. If ever it is commanded in Quraan to go and fight, that is against oppression and against those who are responsible for the same. Not all of non-Muslims in the world are responsible for the oppression against the Muslims, whether in ME, Kashmir, or Philippines. Therefore, if any Muslim chooses violence against the unjust resorting the Quranic verses or God’s commandment, should also remember that he will be held responsible for any harm he might cause to those who are not involved i.e the innocent civilians. Where we mis-interpret the Command to go for Jihad should also remember Quraan’s verse that says “ who killed one human being, he killed the whole mankind” moreover, Islam condemns the suicide that is considered as the "biggest sin" as God bestowed upon you a life and asked you live this life as God wishes, you submit your will to true God and let him decide when you are set to depart. I don’t see a bigger proof than this for Islam being a religion of peace. Let’s go back to history and see how the Holy Prophet was made migrate to Madina and how he dealt with his enemies when he overcame on the them. There was not a single drop of blood wasted In this great victory. Holy prophet rather created excuses to pardon people. Apart from this there are many examples that could help us understand the religion of Islam.

Lets go now to so called Jihad today. Jihad actually is name of struggle against the oppression and atrocities against the Muslims. But before one chooses this way, he has to make sure that all of his social, family and religious obligations are fulfilled. Remember the incident in Prophet’s time when a Jihadi came to extend his service, Prophet asked him, whether he has asked permission from his old parents?? Whether, his wife will be survived well, whether he has returned all his loans or anything he owes ?? When prophet noticed that Jihadi is not sure about it, he sent him back and advised him to go for Jihad-al Akbar. Of course fighting against your own will, fighting against social evils around you, poverty, joblessness, Law and order, Corruption, unjust, hunger, and many many more to fight against is a Jihad bigger than practical killing of innocent civilians , just look around and you will find many things to be corrected. So we if all of us whether Muslims or non-Muslims go for an internal struggle starting from our own house that will be great achievement compare to what is being done today. It is nowhere a service to Islam but worst attempt to bring Islam to religion of Violence. Oh my Muslim brothers wake up, as this term hurts and is entirely against the actual spirit of the religion. Should you feel that there are some people to be punished? Access them and punish only those who are responsible, if you can’t, then leave it to God who know better how to punish the culprits.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Peace2005]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Good show Peace 2005

Please support the thread " Give Peace a chance" (on this forum Pg 2 or 3)

We need more peace threads.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Agreed. It is too bad that they turn into war threads though.

As in war between ATS members.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Great post Peace!

I hope you're spreading the same message to your fellow Muslims in the Middle East and elsewhere.

[edit on 7/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Good show Peace 2005

Please support the thread " Give Peace a chance" (on this forum Pg 2 or 3)

Thank you Mr. Stewart for being the 1st one to encourage the peace. If both parties fail to understand each other's religions I am 100% sure they will not fail to understand each other as human beings. My mission here will be to help create an "Acceptance" and agreement on core issues.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thankyou peace 2005 however I defer to Mr Lennon and M Ghandhi . . .of course we all share the good energy (
)

Question: Do peace trolls have hairy feet?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
"Of course fighting against your own will, fighting against social evils around you, poverty, joblessness, Law and order, Corruption, unjust, hunger, and many many more to fight against is a Jihad bigger than practical killing of innocent civilians , just look around and you will find many things to be corrected. So we if all of us whether Muslims or non-Muslims go for an internal struggle starting from our own house that will be great achievement compare to what is being done today." (Peace 2005)

Hear Hear !

Please excuse so many posts

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

"Of course fighting against your own will, fighting against social evils around you, poverty, joblessness, Law and order, Corruption, unjust, hunger, and many many more to fight against is a Jihad bigger than practical killing of innocent civilians , just look around and you will find many things to be corrected. So we if all of us whether Muslims or non-Muslims go for an internal struggle starting from our own house that will be great achievement compare to what is being done today." (Peace 2005)

Hear Hear !

Please excuse so many posts

Yes Of course It's a biggest contribution appreciated by all societies and civilization, if we are determined to purify first ourselves and then the society, there will be no oppression, there will no unjust, there will be no intention or excuse to invade another country, there will no fear of occupation and there will be no suicide attacks and result will be ETERNAL PEACE. There is no bigger curse than attempting to correct others instead of carrying out a "self accountability" it applies on both who think invasion is only way to establish a exemplary government or those who think Suicide is only way to throw out invaders or make them realize they are mistaken.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
BEGINNING OF MUHAMMAD'S VIOLENCE

Just prior to Muhammad's leaving for Medina, he received a "revelation" allowing him to fight the Meccans. He knew that in Medina, he had a group of armed men who would support him. Furthermore, in Medina, would be more distant from the Meccans and their attempts to oppress or kill him. The following is from "The Life of Muhammad", page 212, by A. Guillaume, which is a rendering of Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", a biography of Muhammad written by an early Muslim scholar [1].

"THE APOSTLE RECEIVES THE ORDER TO FIGHT

The apostle had not been given permission to fight or allowed to shed blood before the second Aqaba [a place where a pledge was made between Muhammad and his followers from Medina]. He had simply been ordered to call men to God and to endure insult and forgive the ignorant. The Quraysh [a leading group of Meccans] had persecuted his followers, seducing some from their religion and exiling others from their country. They had to choose whether to give up their religion, be maltreated at home, or to flee the country, some to Abyssinia, others to Medina.

When Quraysh became insolent towards God and rejected His gracious purpose, accused His prophet of lying, and ill treated and exiled those who served Him and proclaimed His unity, believed in His prophet and held fast to His religion, He gave permission to His apostle to fight and to protect himself against those who wronged them and treated them badly......[a]

The meaning is "I have allowed them to fight only because they have been unjustly treated while their sole offense against men has been that they worship God. When they are in the ascendant they will establish prayer, pay the poor-tax, enjoin kindness, and forbid iniquity, i.e., the prophet and his companions all of them." Then God sent down to him: "Fight them so that there be no more seduction," i.e. until no believer is seduced from his religion. "And the religion is God's,", i.e. Until God alone is worshipped."

END OF QUOTE

[Note: two passages from the Quran are referenced: [a] Sura 22:39-41, which I did not quote, and Sura 2:193]

Two critical points here:

1) in Mecca, where Muhammad was weak, he attacked no one. He only preached his religion and insulted the Meccan's religions. But it was just prior to his leaving for Medina, where he had a limited amount of armed men to support him, that he received this "revelation" and began to use violence to further his desires. Islamic history shows that as Muslims grew in power their forms of violence changed from criminal terrorism to outright warfare.

2) At the end of the quote, it says that Muslims are to fight those who do not worship Allah.

I also comment on Ibn Ishaq's work. When reading this passage from Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad is made to appear to be long suffering and primarily fighting in self defense, and that up until just before Muhammad's departure, the Meccan persecution was tolerable, but that it became so bad that Muhammad was finally given permission to fight back.

The problem with this is that Muhammad had been severely persecuted prior to this and that Muslims had been abused well before their departure. In other words, the quoted passage is apologetic work on Ibn Ishaq's part. Earlier, well before the Treaty of Aqaba, things were so bad for Muhammad that he went to a town called Taif to seek their help and protection [Guillaume, op cit, page 192]. The Taifians rejected and abused him. Things were so bad for Muhammad in Mecca, Muhammad had to beg three men for their protection [Guillaume, op cit, page 194].

In Mecca, Muhammad continued to proclaim himself as a prophet and he was abused all the more. He never received any "revelations" to fight at that time.

Eventually, good fortune fell into Muhammad's lap and just as in Adolph Hitler's case, his persistence paid off. A group of feuding Arabs in Medina accepted him as their prophet. They hoped he could help them maintain peace. They eventually made a pledge to support Muhammad in war against the Quraysh [Guillaume, op cit, page 205]. Now Muhammad knew he had an able and armed following. It was only when he had a following who could defend themselves, and his people were migrating north to Medina, and that he knew he was going to leave town, that suddenly "Allah" gave Muhammad his "revelation" to fight. Muhammad's circumstances changed, and Muhammad's Allah changed with them. Muhammad went from being only a "warner" to being an aggressor.

Islam is, was, and will always be about lies, and terrorisim.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
MUHAMMAD'S EARLY TERRORIST ACTS
After moving to Medina, Muhammad began to have conflict with the Jews and pagans in the area. I'll focus on several incidents, not necessarily in chronological order, that illustrate Muhammad as a terrorist.

The first terrorist incident involves Muhammad's command to his followers to "kill any Jew who comes under your power".

From Guillaume, op cit, page 369:

"The apostle said, "Kill any Jew who falls into your power." Thereupon Muhayyisa b. Masud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, 'You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?' Muhayyisa answered, 'Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.'"

END OF QUOTE

This story is also supported in the Sunan of Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2996:

Narrated Muhayyisah: The Apostle of Allah said: If you gain a victory over the men of Jews, kill them. So Muhayyisah jumped over Shubaybah, a man of the Jewish merchants. He had close relations with them. He then killed him. At that time Huwayyisah (brother of Muhayyisah) had not embraced Islam. He was older than Muhayyisah. When he killed him, Huwayyisah beat him and said: O enemy of Allah, I swear by Allah, you have a good deal of fat in your belly from his property.

END OF QUOTE

This murder was committed upon Muhammad's command. Note that this Muslim murderer would have killed a family member at the drop of a hat. Muhammad was no better than a bigoted criminal boss, ordering his men to wantonly murder Jewish people. Hitler did this. And, this is what Serbs are doing to the Kosovan Muslims. Muhammad's command to murder Jews puts him in the same category as Milosovic, Hitler, and others who have persecuted Jews throughout history.

A quote from an Islamic scholar - Wensinck writes in his, "Muhammad and the Jews of Medina" [2], page 113:

"It is remarkable that tradition attributes Muhammad's most cruel acts to divine order, namely the siege of Qaynuqa, the murder of Kab, and he attack upon Qurayzah. Allah's conscience seems to be more elastic than that of his creatures."..... Ibn Ishaq and al-Waqidi report that the prophet said the morning after the murder (of Kab Ashraf), "Kill any Jew you can lay your hands on.".

This incident is also documented in Tabari's History [3], page 97 of volume 7.

This shows that Muhammad had unsuspecting people, those who even had good relations with Muslims, murdered in cold blood because they were Jewish. There was no justification to murder these Jews other than they were not Muhammad's followers. These actions were the work of Muhammad's terrorists committing murder.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The second terrorist incident involves another one of Muhammad's requests: this one for his men to murder an old Jewish man named Abu Afak. Abu Afak was 120 years. Abu Afak had urged his fellow Medinans to question Muhammad.

From Guillaume, op cit., page 675:

SALIM B. UMAYR'S EXPEDITION TO KILL ABU AFAK

Abu Afak was one of the B. Amr b. Auf of the B. Ubayda clan. He showed his disaffection when the apostle killed al-Harith b. Suwayd b. Samit and said:

"Long have I lived but never have I seen

An assembly or collection of people

More faithful to their undertaking

And their allies when called upon

Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,

Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted,

A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)

"Permitted", "Forbidden", of all sorts of things.

Had you believed in glory or kingship

You would have followed Tubba

[NOTE: the Tubba was a ruler from Yemen who invaded that part of what is present Saudi Arabia: the Qaylites resisted him]

The apostle said, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" Whereupon Salim b. Umayr, brother of B. Amr b. Auf, one of the "weepers", went forth and killed him. Umama b. Muzayriya said concerning that:

You gave the lie to God's religion and the man Ahmad! [Muhammad]

By him who was your father, evil is the son he produced!

A "hanif" gave you a thrust in the night saying

"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!"

Though I knew whether it was man or jinn

Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught).

END OF QUOTE

Additional information is found in the Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, (Book of the Major Classes) by Ibn Sa'd, Volume 2, [4], page 32:

Then occurred the "sariyyah" [raid] of Salim Ibn Umayr al-Amri against Abu Afak, the Jew, in [the month of] Shawwal in the beginning of the twentieth month from the hijrah [immigration from Mecca to Medina in 622 AD], of the Apostle of Allah. Abu Afak, was from Banu Amr Ibn Awf, and was an old man who had attained the age of one hundred and twenty years. He was a Jew, and used to instigate the people against the Apostle of Allah, and composed (satirical) verses [about Muhammad].

Salim Ibn Umayr who was one of the great weepers and who had participated in Badr, said, "I take a vow that I shall either kill Abu Afak or die before him. He waited for an opportunity until a hot night came, and Abu Afak slept in an open place. Salim Ibn Umayr knew it, so he placed the sword on his liver and pressed it till it reached his bed. The enemy of Allah screamed and the people who were his followers, rushed to him, took him to his house and interred him.

END OF QUOTE

From a contemporary Muslim scholar - Ali Dashti's "23 Years: A Study of the Prophetic Career of Mohammad", [5], page 100:

"Abu Afak, a man of great age (reputedly 120 years) was killed because he had lampooned Mohammad. The deed was done by Salem b. Omayr at the behest of the Prophet, who had asked, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" The killing of such an old man moved a poetess, Asma b. Marwan, to compose disrespectful verses about the Prophet, and she too was assassinated."

Prior to listing all of the assassinations Muhammad had ordered, Ali Dashti writes on page 97:

"Thus Islam was gradually transformed from a purely spiritual mission into a militant and punitive organization whose progress depended on booty from raids and revenue from the zakat tax."

REVIEW

Here another man was murdered upon Muhammad's command. This man was 120 years old. He was no physical threat to Muhammad and he did not urge people to commit violent acts against Muhammad or the Muslims. There was no discussion with Jewish leaders, there was no dialogue with Abu Afak; it was just an outright murder of another one of Muhammad's critics. Abu Afak urged the people who lived in Medina to doubt and leave Muhammad. Abu Afak found that Muhammad's sayings were strange and dictatorial. He chided the Arabs who put their faith in Muhammad. Muhammad heard of this and viewed the 120 year old man as a threat to his credibility, not to his life. Nowhere does it say that Abu Afak urged his fellow Arabs to attack or harm Muhammad. Yet for speaking his mind, for the benefit of his friends, this man was murdered by Muhammad.

The last statement in Umama b. Muzayriya's verse reveals something though:

"Though I knew whether it was man or jinn

Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught)."

This statement displays that the Muslims knew exactly what they were doing. They knew it was cold-blooded murder that they were committing upon Muhammad's request. They wanted to keep it secret, they wanted to hide their evil deeds from the populace at large. That's why Umama said he wouldn't reveal who murdered Abu Afak.

When I think of what type of people order their followers to commit murder, I only can think of organized crime bosses or corrupt political figures. Saddam Hussein comes to mind. How would an Iraqi be treated if he spoke out about Saddam? Amnesty International just reported that over 1500 political prisoners were executed in Iraq last year.

Or take the Ayatollah Khomenni. His fundamentalist Islamic regime had other dissident Iranians murdered all over the world. These murderous Muslims represent exactly what Muhammad was all about. They follow Muhammad's methodology: kill those who are a threat to your credibility and power over others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Great Post Peace2005!

We Need More People Like You!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Great Post Peace2005!

We Need More People Like You!

Thank you Souljah. But look above, how bitter my fellow member is about Islam and it's followers, I was confident that 'IF BOTH PARTIES FAIL TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER'S RELIGION, I AM 100 % SURE THEY WILL NOT FAIL TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER AS HUMAN BEINGS' but here River is flowing backward. I never tend to abuse other religions or term them "false" or like my respected friend called "all about lies" We as a Muslim are forbiden to Abuse other religions because we think that if you call other's Gods false they are going to call your true God as false that is not acceptable to us(but here my friend brought about the whole history as per his perception that was not required) we are talking about Peace here. if so much painful for my friend is to accept Islam as a recognized religion, at least he can accept us as human being but wait a moment then again you have to dig the history and decribe all of us as unhuman? and terrorists?? Come one make a space in your heart and try dealing with these Terrorists you will still find some of them great human beings. In defence of Holy Prophet (PBUH) I would quote below description from Mr. Micheal H. Hart's book "The 100" who is NOT very much a "terrosrist Muslim" but a Christian who Tiltled Mohammad on top of the Book. Ask FBI to investigate maybe he accepted great sum of money to do that crime
. Or ask himself maybe he is too honest unlike you?? Mr. Hart says.
My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels...

Muhammad founded and promulgated one of the world's great religions, and became an immensely effective political leader. Today, thirteen centuries after his death, his influence is still powerful and pervasive... Like all religions, Islam exerts an enormous influence upon the lives of its followers. It is for this reason that the founders of the world's great religions all figure prominently in this book. Since there are roughly twice as many Christians as Moslems in the world, it may initially seem strange that Muhammad has been ranked higher than Jesus. There are two principal reasons for that decision. First, Muhammad played a far more important role in the development of Islam than Jesus did in the development of Christianity. Although Jesus was responsible for the main ethical and moral precepts of Christianity (insofar as these differed from Judaism), St. Paul was the main developer of Christian theology, its principal proselytizer, and the author of a large portion of the New Testament.

Muhammad, however, was responsible for both the theology of Islam and its main ethical and moral principles. In addition, he played the key role in proselytizing the new faith, and in establishing the religious practices of Islam. Moreover, he is the author of the Moslem holy scriptures, the Koran, a collection of certain of Muhammad's insights that he believed had been directly revealed to him by Allah. Most of these utterances were copied more or less faithfully during Muhammad's lifetime and were collected together in authoritative form not long after his death. The Koran therefore, closely represents Muhammad's ideas and teachings and to a considerable extent his exact words. No such detailed compilation of the teachings of Christ has survived. Since the Koran is at least as important to Moslems as the Bible is to Christians, the influence of Muhammed through the medium of the Koran has been enormous It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. On the purely religious level, then, it seems likely that Muhammad has been as influential in human history as Jesus.

Furthermore, Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as a religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time... the Arab conquests of the seventh century have continued to play an important role in human history, down to the present day. It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Peace2005, Thank you for your great post and your thoughts. I'd like to point out that it is unrealistic to expect every one of your fellow members to have a positive reaction to your thoughts, but as you can see, many do,

There's a verse in the Christian bible that means that if you lay something precious at a pig's feet, he will not appreciate it, but stomp on it in his clumsiness.

Matthew 7:6 (King James Version)
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

So, sometimes, when you put something precious out there, know that many will appreciate it, but there will be those who trample on it. The message is no less precious.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bush43

The truth: All religion is, was, and will always be about lies, and terrorisim.

Christians like you bush, is, was, and will always be no better than those terrorist. You are a extreamist yourself.

of course i don't know if you are a christian, i am just guessing and 99% sure.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Peace2005, Thank you for your great post and your thoughts. I'd like to point out that it is unrealistic to expect every one of your fellow members to have a positive reaction to your thoughts, but as you can see, many do,

There's a verse in the Christian bible that means that if you lay something precious at a pig's feet, he will not appreciate it, but stomp on it in his clumsiness.

Matthew 7:6 (King James Version)
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

So, sometimes, when you put something precious out there, know that many will appreciate it, but there will be those who trample on it. The message is no less precious.

Wow, It seems that I have more positive friends than nagative and fanatic fellows, I had no intention to go lost and lose my track from my mission for which I joined this forum i.e. to help narrow the gap, but Mr. Bush poped up from no where and started "beating about the bush" so I had to response in a bid to rescue him from getting lebbled as Fanatic, Extremist or same like other Terrorists as our other fellow member termed him in this thread. I am copying below thoughts of some honest intellectuals, hope that the following observations would contribute to initiating an objective evaluation of Islam:

"It (Islam) replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind, and recognition of the fundamental facts of human nature." Text

"Sense of justice is one of the most wonderful ideals of Islam, because as I read in the Qur'an I find those dynamic principles of life, not mystic but practical ethics for the daily conduct of life suited to the whole world." Lectures on "The Ideals of Islam;" see SPEECHES AND WRITINGS OFSAROJINI NAIDU, Madras, 1918, p. 167.

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated." De Lacy O'Leary, ISLAM AT THE CROSSROADS, London, 1923, p. 8.

"But Islam has a still further service to render to the cause of humanity. It stands after all nearer to the real East than Europe does, and it possesses a magnificent tradition of inter-racial understanding and cooperation. No other society has such a record of success uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity, and of endeavours so many and so various races of mankind . . . Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements of race and tradition. If ever the opposition of the great societies of East and West is to be replaced by cooperation, the mediation of Islam is an indispensable condition. In its hands lies very largely the solution of the problem with which Europe is faced in its relation with East. If they unite, the hope of a peaceful issue is immeasurably enhanced. But if Europe, by rejecting the cooperation of Islam, throws it into the arms of its rivals, the issue can only be disastrous for both." H.A.R. Gibb, WHITHER ISLAM, London, 1932, p. 379.

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." G.B. Shaw, THE GENUINE ISLAM, Vol. 1, No. 81936.

"The extinction of race consciousness as between Muslims is one of the outstanding achievements of Islam, and in the contemporary world there is, as it happens, a crying need for the propagation of this Islamic virtue." A.J. Toynbee, CIVILIZATION ON TRIAL, New York, 1948, p. 205.

"The rise of Islam is perhaps the most amazing event in human history. Springing from a land and a people like previously negligible, Islam spread within a century over half the earth, shattering great empires, overthrowing long established religions, remoulding the souls of races, and building up a whole new world - world of Islam.

"The closer we examine this development the more extraordinary does it appear. The other great religions won their way slowly, by painful struggle and finally triumphed with the aid of powerful monarchs converted to the new faith. Christianity had its Constantine, Buddhism its Asoka, and Zoroastrianism its Cyrus, each lending to his chosen cult the mighty force of secular authority. Not so Islam. Arising in a desert land sparsely inhabited by a nomad race previously undistinguished in human annals, Islam sallied forth on its great adventure with the slenderest human backing and against the heaviest material odds. Yet Islam triumphed with seemingly miraculous ease, and a couple of generations saw the Fiery Crescent borne victorious from the Pyrenees to the Himalayas and from the desert of Central Asia to the deserts of Central Africa." A.M.L. Stoddard, quoted in ISLAM - THE RELIGION OF ALL PROPHETS, Begum Bawani Waqf, Karachi, Pakistan, p. 56.

"Islam is a religion that is essentially rationalistic in the widest sense of this term considered etymologically and historically. The definition of rationalism as a system that bases religious beliefs on principles furnished by the reason applies to it exactly . . . It cannot be denied that many doctrines and systems of theology and also many superstitions, from the worship of saints to the use of rosaries and amulets, have become grafted on the main trunk of Muslim creed. But in spite of the rich developments, in every sense of the term, of the teachings of the Prophet, the Quran has invariable kept its place as the fundamental starting point, and the dogma of unity of God has always been proclaimed therein with a grandeur, a majesty, an invariable purity and with a note of sure conviction, which it is hard to find surpassed outside the pale of Islam. This fidelity to the fundamental dogma of the religion, the elemental simplicity of the formula in which it is enunciated, the proof that it gains from the fervid conviction of the missionaries who propagate it, are so many causes to explain the success of Muhammadan missionary efforts. A creed so precise, so stripped of all theological complexities and consequently so accessible to the ordinary understanding might be expected to possess and does indeed possess a marvelous power of winning its way into the consciences of men." --Edward Montet, "La Propagande Chretienne et ses Adversaries Musulmans," Paris, 1890; Quoted by T.W. Arnold in THE PREACHING OF ISLAM, London, 1913, pp. 413-414.

"I am not a Muslim in the usual sense, though I hope I am a "Muslim" as "one surrendered to God," but I believe that embedded in the Quran and other expressions of the Islamic vision are vast stores of divine truth from which I and other occidentals have still much to learn, and 'Islam is certainly a strong contender for the supplying of the basic framework of the one religion of the future.'" W. Montgomery Watt, ISLAM ANDCHRISTIANITY TODAY, London, 1983, p. ix

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

Peace 2005's posts are religious and yet they promote truth and peace!

Christians like you bush, is, was, and will always be no better than those terrorist. You are a extreamist yourself.

No Christians are terrorists.

Christians are obliged to follow the commandment: "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

If they do not follow this commandment then they are not Christians.

George Bush is not a Christian because he sponsors killing

Tony Blair is not a Christian because he sponsors killing

Peace 2005 is perhaps a Christian.

You Savvy?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

Peace 2005's posts are religious and yet they promote truth and peace!

No Christians are terrorists.

Christians are obliged to follow the commandment: "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

If they do not follow this commandment then they are not Christians.

George Bush is not a Christian because he sponsors killing

Tony Blair is not a Christian because he sponsors killing

Peace 2005 is perhaps a Christian.

You Savvy?

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Peace2005]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Meaning of Islam, Meaning of PEACE:

Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": PEACE, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

Everything and every phenomenon in the world other than man is administered totally by God-made laws, ie. they are obedient to God and submissive to his laws, they are in the State of Islam. Man possesses the qualities of intelligence and choice, thus he is invited to submit to the good will of God and obey His law, ie, become a Muslim.

Submission to the good will of God, together with obedience to His beneficial Law, ie, becoming a Muslim, is the best safeguard for man's peace and harmony.

Islam dates back to the age of Adam and its message has been conveyed to man by God's prophets and messengers, including Abrahim, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

Islam's message has been restored and enforced in the last stage of the religious evolution by God's last prophet and messenger, Muhammad.

The word Allah in the Arabic language means God, or more accurately, The One and Only Eternal God, Creator of the Universe, Lord of all lords, King of all kings, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. The word Allah to mean God is also used by Arabic speaking Jews and Christians.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace2005

The word Allah to mean God is also used by Arabic speaking Jews and Christians.

I do not know if Christians use "Allah" .

But I am VERY sure, arabic speaking Jews do NOT say 'Allah' .

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
I do not know if Christians use "Allah" .

Christian Arabs certainly do use Allah, it simply means God. My grandmother was a Lebanese Christian and would say "Allah" sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join