It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet. with 10,000 hours of flight sees UFO the size of two USS Nimitz aircraft carriers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So what are you saying? That he was looking through the glass the whole time of this sighting? Look, he may be putting everybody on. It's an interesting account and totally unprovable, as most ufo sightings are.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
highhorse313 - If you are talking to me, the answer is no, I don't think he was looking through the bottom of the glass the entire time--at least he says he wasn't. The air itself can reflect light if the conditions are right (I.e., very little wind to stir it up, a thermal inversion zone and something hanging in the air to assist in reflectance--although the latter condition is not mandatory.)

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It propably was teleporting back to deep space or wherever. Thats why it started to glow weird colors then vanish.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
More Updates

www.seacoastonline.com...

They wrote yet another article on this story, now with "artist" renditions.

David is alone with his account, and so far, no one else has come forward saying they saw the same object in the sky. He lives on the west side of Exeter in Louisburg Circle, a wooded development with about 20 houses surrounding a cul de sac. The incident occurred at about 3:15 p.m., and David said after the object disappeared, he looked to see if any other neighbors were outside and witnessed what he saw, but no one was around.

The Exeter Police Department has not received any calls regarding the incident. Also, the Federal Aviation Administration did not see anything out of the ordinary on radar that day.

More details in the article...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

And heres yet another article.... whats with these people? Slow news day(s)?

This article talks mainly about previous exeter sightings.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Mos Ufo rendereings seem to suggest immense size and many may windows. Is Earth a giant Zoo, and these UFOs alien busses? that's a weird thought...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd love to see one of these large 'motherships'...
I've only ever seen regular metallic saucers and coloured orbs...

It looks like the same sort of ship as the very first ufo photograph from 1871

This photograph depicts a cloud formation over the summit of Mt. Washington in the Winter of 1870 - 1871 - along with an added surprise! One can see a cigar shaped object. This could possibly be the earliest photograph of a UFO. The image is part of an antique stereoview. The description reads "SUMMIT Mt. Washington WINTER 1870-1871 Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1871, by CLOGH & KIMBALL, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington."

Thanks to Matthew Hurley at ufoartwork.com

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Another source is covering the story:

www.thewmurchannel.com...

It basically tells the story again, but it also includes some video (not of the craft)

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Update

Another person has witnessed a similar craft in exeter.

It’s happened again. An East Kingston resident said she saw a "silver-cigar" shaped object in a daytime sky last week.

The sighting allegedly happened about noon on Monday, July 25. Lucienne said she was standing in a meadow behind her house on North Road when she saw the long object in the sky. She described it as a pill shape, because it had rounded ends and was longer than it was wide. Dark spots lined the object, which she said appeared to be windows.

There is a bit more information in the article.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Bumping this for members who were wondering if anyone else saw the object.

And to keep you busy, the old exeter files.

ufocasebook.com...

according to the article posted on the Compuserve home page there was a report from a woman who saw the same thing.Don't know if there is any validity to her claim though,she reported it only after seeing the report in the paper.I almost think i'd be inclined to doubt her unless there is more to the story out there.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw this same thing back in...'95 or '96.

I was sitting outside in Dallas, TX at about 1:00 a.m.

I looked up into the sky and noticed a large cloud moving really quite fast across the sky. This was unusual in itself because there weren't any other clouds in the sky. This cloud was also moving faster than I have ever seen any other cloud move.

This cloud approached my position from the east (I think) and moved almost directly above me and then continued toward the west. When the cloud had already passed over me, I could then see that there was an object above the cloud. The cloud was moving along with the object !!
The object was extremely large - I would say at least 2 football fields long. It was definitely an aircraft of some sort - but gigantic ! This aircraft seemed to be trying to hide above the cloud. The cloud was moving with the aircraft. It could have been good camouflage if there had been any other clouds in the sky, but there weren't. In fact, it is the cloud that attracted my attention in the first place.

I remember wondering how something so large could fly...and there wasn't any noise either. It was just floating through the sky with the cloud.

I wondered if it had been some kind of reflection or light effect - but that wouldn't explain the cloud. Obviously, the aircraft was controlling the cloud, using the cloud to conceal itself.
I also considered that it was a blimp but it wasn't shaped like a blimp and it was much larger. It was also much larger than I imagine a satellite to be.

The aircraft and corresponding cloud also didn't seem to be very high. They seemed to be floating/flying at a low altitude. Even though it was nighttime, I was within the city limits of Dallas so the city lights did a lot to illuminate the object. I do remember what appeared to be windows but other than that, the appearance was rather strange. The aircraft didn't really look solid - almost like a mirage. This is why I was wondering if it was some kind of reflection. Perhaps the aircraft was reflecting light...or refracting light. The aircraft was so close to me that I should have been able to see distinct lines, but I couldn't. It was nighttime afterall but the cloud appeared more solid than the aircraft.

Fascinating !! It's nice to finally know that someone else has seen it too.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Suggestion to all those Ufologists, always have a camera handy when out.
Though it took a while to continually remember to grab it when leaving, Iv'e been carrying my digital camera around about a year now.

Have not seen any UFOs yet, but sooner or later...you never know..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And on our right, ladies, gentlemen, hermaphrodites, cyborgs and metamorphic pupae, you can see the surface of the quaint, rural planetoid xb1703DM while we recharge our neutrino drive for a moment. The alpha predator meatbags native to the area, lacking any form of polite telepathic communication, make rude acoustic grunts calling it "Earth". Two words: mostly harmless. Please keep your grav suits and retaining bolts locked down in case we are subject to unexpected atmospheric turbulence. Our inflight cocktail service will begin once we again reach our crusing magnetosphere.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I asked a question about this sighting awhile back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 8/9/2005 by randomviolins]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just an update on this.

Can anyone find the report here?
www.nuforc.org...

I thought it was going to be posted....

new topics