It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney reopens 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

McKinney reopens 9/11
Conspiracy theories implicating president aired at 8-hour hearing

By BOB KEMPER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/23/05

Washington — Revisiting the issue that helped spur her ouster from Congress three years ago, Rep. Cynthia Mc­Kinney led a Capitol Hill hearing Friday on whether the Bush administration was involved in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The eight-hour hearing, timed to mark the first anniversary of the release of the Sept. 11 commission's report on the attacks, drew dozens of contrarians and conspiracy theorists who suggest President Bush purposely ignored warnings or may even have had a hand in the attack — claims participants said the commission ignored.

"The commission's report was not a rush to judgment, it was a rush to exoneration," said John Judge, a member of Mc­Kinney's staff and a representative of a Web site dedicated to raising questions about the Sept. 11 commission's report.

The White House and the commission have dismissed such questions as unfounded conspiracy theories.

McKinney first raised questions about Bush's involvement shortly after the attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania, generating a furious response from fellow Democrats in Washington and voters in Georgia, who ousted her in 2002.

"What we are doing is asking the unanswered questions of the 9/11 families," McKinney, a DeKalb County Democrat who won back her seat in 2004, said during the proceedings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have to say. Love her or hate her, McKinney's got some balls bringing this out to the public. Good to see there are those in government willing to ask the real important questions.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I always said that if a woman ran for president, I would vote for her. If Mckinny ran, I would fight for her!!!!!!!

McKinney FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

my hat goes off to this woman. keep us posted on what happens of this.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Before 9-11, I was a right wing hawk.

After 9-11, and especially after her brief ouster, I said, as a Republican, I would work for this woman.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here is a link to her site. I think we all need to contact her and start a fire. www.house.gov...

This could work, this could really work..........

Also, another link to the 911 story www.house.gov...

[edit on 31-7-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If i was an American I would defiantely vote for her! If only politics had more people like her in the game, then maybe the world would be a much better place.

I 1000% concur (yes, one THOUSAND percent) -- McKinney for President!

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The first time she stood up to the machine, she got unelected fast.

The people have seen fit to re-elect her, though.

She was the first one to broach the subject openly that maybe, just maybe this administration knew something..

That was gutsy. Maybe its just b/c she wasn't in their frat-world and they don't have photos of her in very compromised positions. Like the rest of the Skull & Bones clique.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I can respect any member of government standing up and asking tough questions. But I thought we had enough hearings on 911 already. I do not doubt that warning signs may have been missed but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It is very easy to look back and see things that may not have been as apparent prior to the event. I also have a difficult time believing that the President approved and/or partcipated in the events of 911. Bush is not the brightest or the best leader the US has had however to accuse him of premeditated murder is a stretch. At some time the US is going to need to move forward and stop dwelling on the past.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anniejhops
I can respect any member of government standing up and asking tough questions. But I thought we had enough hearings on 911 already. I do not doubt that warning signs may have been missed but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It is very easy to look back and see things that may not have been as apparent prior to the event. I also have a difficult time believing that the President approved and/or partcipated in the events of 911. Bush is not the brightest or the best leader the US has had however to accuse him of premeditated murder is a stretch. At some time the US is going to need to move forward and stop dwelling on the past.

Based on your comments, you would have to believe George W. Bush is actually in charge.

I don't believe that for a minute.

I believe he believes he is in charge. However, he's got Cheney and Rumsfeld and all their pretty little minions buzzing about who are truly running the show.

Don't believe your government could throw you away at the drop of a dime? Read this:

OPERATION NORTHWOODS:

In his new exposé of the National Security Agency entitled Body of Secrets, author James Bamford highlights a set of proposals on Cuba by the Joint Chiefs of Staff codenamed OPERATION NORTHWOODS. This document, titled “Justification for U.S. Military Intervention in Cuba” was provided by the JCS to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962, as the key component of Northwoods. Written in response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes U.S. plans to covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a U.S. invasion of Cuba. These proposals - part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation Mongoose - included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the United States, developing a fake “Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,” including “sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated),” faking a Cuban airforce attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a “Remember the Maine” incident by blowing up a U.S. ship in Cuban waters and then blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage. Bamford himself writes that Operation Northwoods “may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.”
www.gwu.edu...

Your government has plans for us you probably have never even concieved of. This is but one of them, thankfully discarded by JFK.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anniejhops

Dwelling on the past? Thousands of people lost their lives pointlessly and needlessly, and lessons can be learnt from this if we are prepared to face the truth. In order to move on, you have to first understand the past.

There were what, 52 intelligence reports before 9/11 stating that it was going to happen, at least one had a title that you cannot miss as Ms. Rice had to admit and either that same on, or others stated the exact day it was to take place, and the end of Manhattan it would happen in, the WTC would have been a logical bet.

52 reports do not get 'overlooked', they get ignored.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i have to agree completely with the last 2 posts.

we have to stand up for these injustices that are being practiced on us on a daily basis and not just simply "forget about it"

if you don't learn from your history, it's bound to repeat itself and quite frankly, it's happening all over again.

i truly hope this woman can get some of the hundreds of questions answered.

new topics

top topics

join