It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soy is bad....Really bad....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sad day when you can't find anything that dosen't have soy in it

Actually, one thing I've noticed is how much dairy is everywhere! I have a very hard time searching for a product that dosn't have that horrible excretion!

Age faster? no, estrogen (females produce more than males) prevents ageing and major diseases.

it has estrogen in it, which i'm not happy about.

You shouldn't be.The amount is very small, much less than your body is making right now.

if you brought some random person from say 1700 back to 2k4, and had them eat just regular food.. if their bodies could handle it.

They'd probably have an allergic reaction

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
yeah it's true transgenic soy is bad but organic soy is more than good. Meat is bad though. I never buy soy if it's not organic soy.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you do a google search on soy and thyroid, you will find it is also linked to destroying the thyroid function, hence causing obesity. Stay away from it! The only way to eat is not eat anything processed but foods that are organic and whole.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Japanese people eat soy like crazy and from what I can tell they have way less dietary-related health problems than people in this country. I eat soy products of some kind almost every day and I feel perfectly fine. I haven't eaten poultry or red meat in 10 years, and when I quit eating meat I felt better than I ever had before.

Anyone that eats meat or lots of dairy should worry about all the bovine growth hormones they're ingesting in those foods, not just the natural hormones found in soy.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
well some of these links I think you might find of use seem like soy to me is good+ bad for you in more ways than one
SOY

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LIFE is hazardous to your health. Everything you eat, everything you drink and the air you breath, will all someday kill you. Yes folks, it's a fact of life, if you are born, you will die. I say, eat, drink, breath and smoke whatever you want, because no matter what it is, it will kill you. You may as well get the ones you enjoy and die happy, than go for the crap and die miserable.

hey buddy. LIFE is not hazardous to your health. The control systems make it hazardous to our health. The secret societies that run our governments and manipulate us tell companies to sell us poison, for the fact being that they kill us, and that they make us dumber, and they reduce populations and # like that. They put poisons in our foods. Even ORGANIC meats and other things have some type of unnatural chemicals in them. The poisons are VERY hard to avoid. In fact poisons unavoidable because the air is also very low quality. WATER has flouride in it. Flouride makes people dumber and is very hazardous to health. It was used to make bombs during one of the World Wars. You need a lethal amount of flouride for it to even HAVE AN AFFECT on your teeth. You also need to have the flouride in your mouth for a while for it to do something for your teeth. Consuming small amounts of flouride everyday with just drinking water everyday collects in your body, makes you dumber, and is hazardous to your whole body. Flouride is for the mouth, not for ingestion, period. PLUS, we don't even need flouride for our teeth. The body provides everything it needs to stay healthy, long as we provide the appropriate nourishment for it.

This is all part of the global conspiracy.

Really the only healthy # you can eat is fruits and veggies. Vegan meals. Until our control systems fall, we are BATHED LITERALLY in poisons.

So, its not LIFE that is hazardous, it's only control systems. They CLEARLY, #ING CLEARLY don't care for our humanity's health, and the Earth.

That is why, there is going to be a revolution. A spiritual Revolution.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Regular soy...organic soy???
Pleae tell me how one has phytoestrogen that can harm baby boys and menopausal women, and the other not.
They should be biologically the same.
They use soy in baby foods because it is cheaper, they con't care about possible side effects.

The same xeno-estrogens are in many places in the environment. Meat, for sure. And, of course, organic meat would not have extra hormones or antibiotics i it.
There is also a possiblity it could be in water supplies. The effects of xenoestrogen is explained in detail in What your doctor may NOT tell you aboaut menopause by the late John R. Lee, MD

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

yeah.. you are on a conspiracy site and you think gmo's have nothing to do with the new world order?
see you already said ''regular'' for something modified. The regular soy is the ''organic'' soy people are eating for thousand years and still eating it and still healthy. Here's a flash movie for you. I know there's no kraft tofu (not yet) but it's basicallly the same thing for transgenic soy.
flash movie

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by kalki]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i always knew soy sucked.....

now i feel bad for all those lactose intolerent people. they should eat their cereal with orange juice. it's better than soy milk.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

* High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.

* Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.
This message brought to you by the Dairy Farmer's Association of America...

You know what? Soy does suck. And not only for the reasons listed by the good doctor, either...

It also tastes really bad!

Got milk?
DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

yeah.. you are on a conspiracy site and you think gmo's have nothing to do with the new world order?
see you already said ''regular'' for something modified. The regular soy is the ''organic'' soy people are eating for thousand years and still eating it and still healthy.

But, doesn't ALL soy have phytoestrogens??? Not all people tolerate phytoestrogens and male babies should avoid soy, no?
And isn't it too bad good foodstuffs have to be organic, instead of regular??

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtMonkey
i always knew soy sucked.....

now i feel bad for all those lactose intolerent people. they should eat their cereal with orange juice. it's better than soy milk.

Actually, a nice whey or soy shake would be a better choice for breakfast.
Or, some healthy eggs, with whole grain toast and sugar free jam.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i'll just stick with my lucky charms in o.j.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtMonkey

Don't feel bad for us... feel bad for our significant others! You know how many times I had to sleep on the couch with a bottle of air freshener because I couldn't resist that super-huge bottle of strawberry milk?!?

I eat alot of cheese to make up for some of the calcium... sometimes I'll have some cerial with a bit of milk in it as well... I have never tried soy milk (I smelled it once and about yacked!), but I am addicted to Boca Burgers and Gardenburgers. I'd eat fish all the time, but I don't like the murcury levels found in shellfish so I have to limit it... chicken every once in awhile, and an occasional hamburger from a fast-food resurant.

I really need to find a better source of calcium... cheese is so damned expensive!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Now I'm glad I never touched soy milk, tofu, and stuff like that. Which brings up this thought, Diet Icecream strikes me as a paradox. Its diet, yet it is ice cream
It would make a good Seinfield episode

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Can soy really be that bad if it's put in everything?

Dru

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I really need to find a better source of calcium... cheese is so damned expensive!

You could try those things they have for woman. Chocolate (And other flavors I think) bar things with 50% of the daily about of calcium. About $5 or so I think. I'm not sure I've only seen them in the store not bought them. I get my calcium from milk, yogurt, and cheese. Though I've been thinking about getting a supplement. It's a real bitch having to drink glass after glass and tons of things of yogurts to make sure I get enough calcium.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Dru]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hope you don't mind me jumping in a little late here.

I don't eat a lot of red meat because of what they inject it with now days - and the extra harmones in our milk, etc. But I also do not drink or use a lot of soy either.

It is so hard to tell what is really good for you anymore. Our fruits and veggies are caked with all kinds of chemicals, who knows what our chickens and other meat are digesting through their own systems. Is organic really organic? Some people spend so much money on organic foods, however how do we know it is truly organic?

I have a friend that has been eating organic foods and is very health conscious, but manages to have major health problems. Even though I have seen major breakthroughs throughout the years for disease such as cancer, there seems to be an increase of cancer and other diseases within the last 5 - 10 years. Maybe it's just population growth, dunno.

I believe that everybody's body is different as well. But my point is how do we really know what is good for us? Can't trust multi-media to decide because just like it was said before, who is being supported the companies that produce these products or the consumer?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And about the thing about Soy delaying Puberty, its true, I know. I had to take soy milk because I was lactose intolerant as a child (it was an off an on thing) for about three years, and later in life I had to get testosterone shots to boost puberty because I was 16 and hadn't gone through puberty yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I tried soy for hot flashes and it didn't help a bit..I still had the flashes plus other noxious symptoms.

I refuse to take estrogen, so I am going to just pretend the hot flashes are "sparks of brilliance" and tough it out.
Seriously, my mom had ovarian/colon cancer and her oncologist warned me against estrogen intake. The GP recommended soy as a replacement. I just didn't get any benefits.

joey

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join