It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soy is bad....Really bad....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

* High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.

* Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.

Rest of the list here....

Sad day when you can't find anything that dosen't have soy in it....and that day is now! every thing has soy beans and soy oils in it...I'm alredy scrwed up from when I had to drink soy milk as a baby...and I didn't even know I was eating soy every time I had Butter on my tost to popcorn! sad really sad

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dr Price did some amazing research; sadly it's been swept firmly under the rug.
One thing not covered too well in this article is just how much soy messes with your hormones. The phytoestrogens in soy products can inhibit testosterone production. This is a pretty bad thing for guys.
www.the7thfire.com...

On a larger scale, Price's work with isolated populations and their health really opens some eyes as to just what we're eating today, and how bad it is for us.
Even the so-called "healthy foods" (low fat, etc) seem to be causing problems.
www.thaifoodandtravel.com...

I highly recommend reading what you can about him, from nutrition to dentistry. It's a shame more people don't know about him!!

-B.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
always knew there was something not quite right about soy, i remember a book i had when i was a kid about the future, and it proposed that everything we ate would be soy based, because all natural foods would be long gone, i'm glad it hasn't come to that, i can't stand soy milk, tastes like liquid chalk..

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hate soya milk i made the mistake of pouring soya milk on my cereal i can tell you thats 1 hell of a way to kickstart your day!( i couldnt finish it!)

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes. It's very difficult to digest. Many vegetarians depend on it. They sure don't seem very healthy. They seem to age faster.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you look at the ingredients on many so called "healthy" and "all natural" foods, they contain so much processed crap in them its amazing. Some people are allergic to soy, and soy does give you bad gas. Soy products are tauted as a way to cure heart disease and prevent cevical cancer, but really, I am trusting less and less reports from the medical establishment, because they are truly out to endorse products and companies.

All this crap about eating meat and fat is just that: pure crap. Our ancestors ate the stuff for thousands of years. Meat is good for you. Just as long as you are active and get exercise, and dont eat just meat, but other things in there as well, you can live long and well. the key is staying active and omderation, if you eat alot of meat, eat alot of veggies like onions and stuff with it, preferably raw, to balance it out. The veggies provide roughage and fiber to help digest the meat better.

And EXERCISE< EXERCISE< EXERCISE! Stay active, get some good walking or other activity in too! Youll feel great and look good!

And youre right, every vegetarian ive seen looks like hell, looks old, withered, on thier deathbed, and they smell bad too. Dunno if its just hygeine habit or diet, though.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. LIFE is hazardous to your health. Everything you eat, everything you drink and the air you breath, will all someday kill you. Yes folks, it's a fact of life, if you are born, you will die. I say, eat, drink, breath and smoke whatever you want, because no matter what it is, it will kill you. You may as well get the ones you enjoy and die happy, than go for the crap and die miserable.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
soy makes me have horrible gas...obviously it must be hard to digest then...and not very good for you. Out of curiousity...who here has seen the movie "Soylent Green"? You should check it out...could be our future food...don't want to give away the ending...great movie.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
IAP,

yeah man!
what about these people that bust their butts to take care of their health and then run the NYC marathon every year and then get cancer in their 40's?
There is an old saying, you can buy everything in life but your health.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't have a link for this, but my doctor told me to avoid the hell out of soy because I have a history of early-onset breast cancer in my family (mom had it before she hit 40). I guess it plays with estrogen levels in a bad way.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think there's need to be a distinction made here. If you're talking about soy that is mass produced (mono-crops) and is not organic...I could see real problems. And yes some will have a problem digesting it.

But, having eaten organic soy in every possible form you could think of for the last decade, along with a borderline vegan diet...I'm happy to report that I'm in excellent health.

Furthermore, in comparison to the scary stuff that lands in all dairy and meat products nowdays...I'll take organic soy any day.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yep it's true.

Male children who drink soy milk get into puberty later, that is a fact.

And i know it's true too coz well, i started growing hairs down there at the start of year 9. Age 15, while a the others were getting theirs a few years b4 me. Needless to say i wasn't happy and didn't know why mine weren't growing... ;P

Anyways, life sucks, shiot happens, you just live with it the best that you can.

As a chil di was crying and crying at night, couldn't sleep well, etc for about 2 years, keeping my parents up, they eventualy found out i was lactose intolerent and moved me onto Soy milk, which i'm happy with, except for the fact that it has estrogen in it, which i'm not happy about, needless to say i've reduced the amount of soy milk i drink now days.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is true, but for me it is QUALITY of life that is important. I can have emphazima, lung cancer, skin cancer, athsma, be in a coma, and still be alive, but is that the kinda life I want to live? Not really. I wanna be swimming, and hiking in my 80's and ninetys, right up until I die.

P

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
I've said it before and I'll say it again. LIFE is hazardous to your health. Everything you eat, everything you drink and the air you breath, will all someday kill you. Yes folks, it's a fact of life, if you are born, you will die. I say, eat, drink, breath and smoke whatever you want, because no matter what it is, it will kill you. You may as well get the ones you enjoy and die happy, than go for the crap and die miserable.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Soy is packed with estrogenic hormones. (I think this is the predominantly female hormone they were referring to that is in soy). I guess that's why some women who lack enough female hormones consume it.

Don't know why men would consume it unless they want to screw up their hormones. It could explain why some of them are screwed up in one way or another either physically or mentally or both.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
All the milk and meat you eat is just as bad for you as soy. Pretty much everything is bad for you now adays.

Companies can't accept that their cows only produce so much meat/milk.. so they pump them full of chemicals and hormones(estrogen) to make em bigger, and produce more milk.. and you in turn eat and drink that.

Doomsaying about any one type of food these days is bull#.. because anything you eat now is full of # you wouldn't want to be eating if you knew it was in there. Meat, milk, fruit, vegetables, grain.. everything is being dicked up so companies can produce it more of it faster, and we in turn get to eat and drink it all up...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
oh yeah btw...i'm 6 foot 3"

It didn't stunt my growth....

I'mt he tallest inthe family, including relatives (who worship me becase of my height...to them i am XXXX...God of Height) ROFL

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dr. Price's "amazing research" is just a TAD bit biased, there... because he's selling something. Now, someone with something to sell (book, etc) isn't necessarily going to show you contrary results. In this case, he fails to mention just how much soy you'd have to consume to see those problems in populations that were more likely to have those conditions. The answer is: "you'd have to eat LOTS and lots and lots of it."

The summaries here are SOME of the 893 research papers cited on www.Scirus.com when you type in "soy human hormone" and hit the search button.

Heinonen, S.-M. / Hoikkala, A. / Wahala, K. / Adlercreutz, H., The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dec 2003
Epidemiological studies have associated high soy intake with a lowered risk for certain hormone-dependent diseases.

Efficacy of a soy rich diet in preventing postmenopausal osteoporosis: the Menfis randomized trial.
L M Chiechi / G Secreto / M D'Amore / M Fanelli / E Venturelli / F Cantatore / T Valerio / G Laselva / P Loizzi, Maturitas, Aug 2002
...OBJECTIVES: To compare the effect of a soy rich diet and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) on (post enopausal women) CONCLUSIONS: Our data suggest that soy products could be effective in reducing osteoporosis... (diet, not drugs for women)

Soy is *not* recommended if you have certain problems. It *is* recommended in other situations (certain types of prostate cancer, for example, as well as for menopause.) For vegetarians and others with poorer diets, it's a cheap source of protein (and calcium in particular) and a number of critical nutrients.

Delayed onset of puberty is more likely to be genetic. My kids (boy and girl) had slightly delayed puberty... and so did I. None of us drink/eat much soy.

The enthusiasts are basing their enthusiasm on ... well... basically urban legends. For example: www.thaifoodandtravel.com... -- the cultures being cited did NOT have "radiant health." Folks in those societies generally did not live as long (on the average) as those in western countries; the ones who managed to make it to 50 look like our modern 90-year-olds.

There are people out there with books and bad/old research who will be delighted to tell you that everything from bottled water to sitting in front of your computer to eating celery will cause you to die of combustion of the meguzalah and high-tideritis of the footbone.

Check up on the research before believing it. Is their material old (1930-1960)? What's the current/better research say (with better models, better science, better measurement)? Hit Scirus and Science.com... are there new reports that support this announcement?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm not generalizing but the few unfortunate soy eating males I know of are definitely abnormal in stature (too short or too tall) & have behavioural disturbances (kind of sissy, unmanly, very emotional) & age faster.

I think the majority of us normal folks can handle whatever we put in our system for the most part. That's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That's cause we're conditioned to it..

I kinda wonder, even though it's obviously impossible..but if time machines did exist.. if you brought some random person from say 1700 back to 2k4, and had them eat just regular food.. if their bodies could handle it.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The only veggie food i really like is veggie sausages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join