It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Rich !!! (I just don't understand why)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's a lazy evening so I popped over to the mem center and got a bit of a shock when I looked at my points. I saw something that looks like this:

ATS Tax: Deadline Aug/24/05
Revamp ATS Point System
Need: 1500000
Have: 1575606

And then it said I had passed.

Now from what I gather I just went from about 50,000 points to one and a half million. AM I HAVING A GOOD DAY OR WHAT???????

I just have no idea what all of it means. I've never claimed to be intelligent or to fathom the mind's of the ATS staff.

Could someone please put this in a bit of simple english for the not so gifted of the ATS'ers?

As for the tax, you can have all of my points. I used to think I wanted lots of them, then I realized they weren't near as much fun as the good conversation i was having here. How do I sign up for the tax or donate the points?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love and light,

Wupy

[edit on 29-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Of interest as to "your" newly acquired wealth?
The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

You did notice the mention of "Revamp ATS Point System"?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well you could start by going here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think, yes, it is to do with the voluntary tax system, so I asked my Tax accountant about it but he couldn't help.

BTW I think everyone sees the same figures at that point in Member Center, irrespective of how many ATS points they have.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think you misunderstood it, Wupy. You dont have that many points, thats how many the Revamped ATS Points Proposal has. The Need is how much they needed for it to pass. So somehow they got more taxes then they needed.
Capeesh?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
I think you misunderstood it, Wupy. You dont have that many points, thats how many the Revamped ATS Points Proposal has. The Need is how much they needed for it to pass. So somehow they got more taxes then they needed.
Capeesh?

OK, that makes a little more sense. I'm still poor but the conversation remains excellant, which is beyond value.

Does this mean I no longer need to give up anything for the tax? Like I said, points really don't mean much to me, heck, they can have them as long as I can remain in the writers forumn.

Thanks for the clarification though.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Those points are not yours. Your point total is higher up.

1.5M points were need. 1.5+M were given. You have much much less.

There will be more opportunities, please stand by. In the mean time, buy a pretty background for when we get off low-bandwidth.

new topics

top topics

join