It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot Brazilian Man's Visa expired (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In efforts to try and determine why this man ran away from police onto a tube train, resulting in his death, it has been dicvoered that he did not in fact have a valid visa or any right to be in the country. The stamp which initially seemed to imply he had indefinte leave to be here, was in fact "not one that was in use by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate".
This implies that it was in fact a forgery.

www.sky.com
The student visa of the Brazilian man shot dead by anti-terror police last week expired two years ago, it has emerged.

Authorities have been trying to work out why Jean Charles de Menezes ran away from police when he was challenged at Stockwell Tube station.

A spokeswoman for the Home Office also revealed that Mr de Menezes had a stamp in his passport apparently granting him indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

But the stamp was "not one that was in use by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate".

The carefully-worded statement appeared to imply that the stamp had been a forgery.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whyile this man did not deserve to die for his crime, it does perhaps explain why he decided to run from the police.
While their methods were brutal, these are the actions required to be taken to combat the threat we currently face, it is tragic that this man lost his life when all he deserved was to be removed from the UK. But at least now there is a viable explanation for why he feared the authorites.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is not new news the fact his visa was expired was pointed out within days after the story broke.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If you feel that way shots then use the appropriate button please.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sorry I submitted the story because I did hear that then too, but I was under the impression it was speculation. I had since heard it hadn't expired, then it had, then it hadn't.

It seems to be a main story on the News site now so I thought that it should be important to make it clear now it has been officially determined for sure and is no longer speculation and rumors.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I do not think it was so much speculation, because it was from members of the family and a lawyer that made those statements, which we all know would want to make it look that way.

But thanks for the clarification

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Like I said. Do you think that the government has any reason to tell the truth? It didn't even announce that there was a shoot first policy until the brazilian man was dead. What would you think if you were anyplace besides the US and you saw a bunch of guys running towards you with guns? Who didn't announce that they were cops? You'd run. Of course in the US we expect that sort of thing these days. But in LONDON? Whatever happened to fair play and unarmed policemen?

How does the government know that not even one immigration officer was using an old fashioned stamp when the gentleman entered the country?
I worked for the state government for awhile, and when we got new forms or something, we used the old one up first. Maybe the department head at that particular port of entry told his people to use the old stamps till they get new ones, budgetary reasons you know, and they hadn't gotten new ones yet? Or maybe the ordering clerk just wasn't very efficient about keeping up with the latest orders.
Running from armed men who do not announce that they are police is not a reason to get shot.
Plus, he was shot eight times in the head. After he had lain down on the ground. Someone should burn in hell for this.

top topics

join