It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blanket Ban Less Than 2 Weeks Away!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Winchester again for your benefit as you don't seem to get it.

There are loads of guns in the UK - we don't give them out willy-nilly but if you're adult and sensible you can get anything (not semi-auto, not pistol) you want - .635 Elephant gun? No problem! (apart from having a reason!!)

UK is not gun-free, wake up & face facts. You're correct we don't have assault rifles but there is no good reason to possess one so that, seems to me, a good thing.

JIC you don't believe me look at guns for sale in UK right now.

www.guntrader.co.uk...

You're friend is talking tosh. Link below gives links to the actual bill etc.

news.bbc.co.uk...

In my experience it's never a good idea to rely on the average copper in any respect where firearms etc are concerned.

14 yrs is for armed robbery which, yes, IF you robbed a bank with your 'MP5' you'd probably get but not for simple posession.

[edit on 29/7/05 by CTID56092]

[edit on 29/7/05 by CTID56092]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Look Winchester, I can own a handgun if I really want to, I know where to get them, not legal, but how would the government know I have them? Unless they have me under there eye for some reason. On the 'terrorist' list or something, wouldnt be a surprise to me really.

Why did you have to bring up old grudges? It is true, I used to dispise America and everyone who lived there, for no other reason that I couldnt take that they had helped us in WW2. But then I grew up and stopped slagging off other countries for no reason.

We cant stand upto our government because they would kick us back to the stone age, tru, not many of us have weapons, but alot of people (well me anyway) know where to get them.

I dont agree with the ban, but I wouldnt start a revoltion over some airsoft weapons. Im peeved off and I will break the law in keeping mine, but I wont actually fight. Thats sad.

So lets stop the sad flaming before we both get banned.

Deal - I owe you a pint

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Alright then mate, lets just forget it and have a good rant at this stupid law and its good forsaken pusher, Mr Blair.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Absolutely! Bliar and Blunkett are determined to remove all guns from UK but they won't succeed - too many interests / powerful people involved in shooting.

They're convinced shooters / hunters are 'toffs' and therefore clamping down is part of the Class War.

In my experience shooting in the UK is predominantly a blue collar sport.

This airsoft thing only brings you into line with airgun law - there is life afterwards - we run the UK's premier airgun club (www.lvagc.com) and although current regs are a pain we're still going!

HTH

R

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Actually CITD, the replica weapon 'article' is only part of the 'whole' firearms act.

Even as I write this, they are those within Parliament and the Police who want the sale of all weapons banned.

Replica weapons, pistols, cap guns - whatever!

They are affected by this bill - in some way!

As to your assumption that my friend who builds ranges and armouries for the MOD is exempt from this law - no he is not! I have seen the letter from the Home Office that states quite clearly that he must reapply for his permits with no guarantee that his request will be granted.

As to the airsoft issue, that too, is being closely looked at and I for one, can see tha day looming when even these are totally banned.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
*ahem*

Parliament is not in session.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well spotted, Nerdling!

That is exactly the point of this thread. If you can be bothered to go back to my original thread and re-read it, you will see why I posted this thread in the first place!

It is exactly for this reason - Parliament not Sitting, that the government has introduced this Act or Bill! There will be nobody to oppose it. That is why Labour have introduced so many Acts or Bills during the Parliamentary Recess - it is because Parliament is not sitting that they have been able to get so many Acts or Bills on to the Statute Book without any debate.
That is how 'New Labour' aka The Blair Dictatorship works!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
lol:They should ban water pistols and plasic toy guns and ban guns them from movies because of their influence like smoking adverts on F1 motor racing.

@@:Its a deterent and in future teens will not admire them as they do now and respect that its wrong to shoot people as people feel like doing most of the time.

Ban smoking and guns. If some one wants to shoot join the army. It will be worse in the UK if people start keeping guns to defend them selves because the problem has gone out of hand and maybe people do for that reason for fear.

If society could be trusted with guns fine but I bet as soon as they make it legal gun crime and death related incidents will go up a 1000% in the UK.

I agree that some laws are getting silly but thats because the law has been soft because there never use to be these problems.:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Politicians dont understand that even if they completly ban firearms, criminals will get illegal firearms anaway. And they can be sure that person they are trying to rob is not armed. If guns are allowed criminal can not be sure if he dont get a bullet in head before he finishes shouting "Give me all your money!". And terrorists are even better organized, so they always can get a completly illegal automatic AK-47. Terrorists can even do nasty things without guns, just explosives. And explosives can be made by just visiting few stores and buying some completly non suspicious products. Maybye they will start banning things like fluor, nitric acid, charcoal, sulfur, sodium etc. just because if they are properly used they can be explosives used by terrorists to make boom.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There has been a long Govt. consultation process.

BASC and many others have been pitching their case:

www.basc.org.uk...

Airgunners knew all about it & got stuck in too.

Rumoured forthcoming controls on airguns are, so far, sensible & possibly overdue. Maybe there was no-one to speak up for airsofters??

With organised events, clubs etc you'll still have reason to possess airsoft in a public place as long as it's securely- cased, unloaded (mag unloaded!) etc.

Offences quoted are for mis-use not legitimate use. Any offences involving an airsoft will be armed trespass/robbery etc etc and attrach the same punsihment as if they were real guns - same with airguns. Welcome to our world.

R

[edit on 2/8/05 by CTID56092]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

lol:They should ban water pistols and plasic toy guns and ban guns them from movies because of their influence like smoking adverts on F1 motor racing.

They should ban F-1 motor racing as well since those speeds are obviously deadly.

@@:Its a deterent and in future teens will not admire them as they do now and respect that its wrong to drive double the speed limit on the highway.

Absolutely! Blame the responsible folks for the actions of a few idiots!!!

Ban smoking and guns.

Are you trying to get shot?

If some one wants to shoot join the army.

Are you kidding me? The NRA was originally formed in England!

It will be worse in the UK if people start keeping guns to defend them selves because the problem has gone out of hand and maybe people do for that reason for fear.

Ahh yes. It's always safer to be a helpless victim. No way you can offend the SOB raping your wife and killing your children.

If society could be trusted with guns fine but I bet as soon as they make it legal gun crime and death related incidents will go up a 1000% in the UK.

My society has done just fine with allowing law abiding folks access to firearms. Where we failed was the enforcement of those laws.
I would bet that 90% of gun crimes in the U.S. are committed by those not legally eligable to own a firearm in the first place. (I'll look it up if you wish)

I agree that some laws are getting silly but thats because the law has been soft because there never use to be these problems.:

Yeah........all new........ok

1. go to 2
2. say "baaah"
3. return to 1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join