It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blanket Ban Less Than 2 Weeks Away!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In less than 2 weeks, Mr Tony Blair - our wise and wonderful Prime Minister, will have managed to sneak a 'back door Parliamentary Bill' on to the English [UK] Statute book.

In effect, private citizens of whatever race, colour, creed or social standing, will no longer be able to purchase certain Replica weapons, Blank Firing Replica weapons, Deactivated weapons or possess any of the above.

I do know from a very good friend in Glos police, that there will be a very short 'amnesty' and thereafter, proscecutions will take place. Penalties are in line with the 1968 Firearms Act [Ammended 1972, 1981, 1990 & 1997/8]

For a first offense under this act, a citizen could face a £5000 fine and/or 14 years imprisonment.

This is, as far as I am concerned, a last ditched attempt by this Labour Government to ban all types of weaponry from we, the public.

What do you think about this and, more importantly, did any of you fellow Brits know about this?

Or, better yet, what do you Yanks think about this? How would you get around this new law [legally] or how would you stop this from happening in the first place?

Just to put things into perspective, I own an H&K MP5 and a superb little Berretta Brigadier - both 9 milly of course - and I guess that I'm kinda in the brown stuff 'cause they are 'illegals!'

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Move to the US,any state between the East Coast and the West Coast. You can own anything you want.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its a constitutional right to bear arms in America. Doubtful the gov could enact that law, they'd have the NRA holding back their "funds"
As to what I think about Britains situation, there are a lot of Muslims there, not sure of the percentage but I thought it was around 57%?
Do you think this could be why?

[edit on 28-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I say this is a bit too harsh, their are idiots who walk the streets with them true. But this is going to affect more people than it intends too.

I own an L85A1 replica airsoft weapon that I only use for my cadet exercises, so do alot of people who go. If they are banned, it will cost more money to buy de-acs or even worse, we will be forced to make wooden replicas. Or maybe even more worse, I will have to use the SLRs, please let that day never happen! Airsoft as in the game will be severely affected as well, it has a huge fan base and many will be upset.

In fact, why not ban water pistols and paintball guns? Water pistols could be filled with acid and sprayed at people, paintball guns hurt and can be classed as a weapon.

The above statement is the kind of logic these losers have. Ban anything that makes Britain look bad, I love my country but I think this is ridiculous, even more sad than the hoody ban.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No my friend, definately NOTHING to do with Muslims. It has NOTHING to do with race, colour or creed.

It is a frantic attempt to deal with the upsurge with violent gun crime, especially in some estates in certain big cities.

This government seems to think that by having a blanket ban on all weapons - airsoft, replica and blank firing weapons - they will deprive the criminal of a source of weapons - which of course, it won't!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Criminals already buy their weapons off shady Russians in the pub car park, so this will do nothing, nothing at all will change. I really hope this doesnt pass, it seems like a simple way of combatting gun crime, it isnt.

Heres something, a good replica (that doesnt look all plasticy and tacky) in either airsoft or blank firing will cost a good £100-£300. Now I know this from experience, a basic revolver only costs about £150-£250, with about 6 rounds. People can call me a liar, but I know that you can pick them up for this. An AK-47 wouldnt be too hard to find either, if you know where to look. Damn, even an air pistol is pretty threatening, a .22 in your head is going to definately put you down for a while.

Dont ban airsoft, it wont sort anything out.

Oh and fritz, is your MP5 and friend real or reps?

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Always remember, only the law-abiding are obligated to follow the law.

Criminals do not have that concern.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Trust me, if this passes, I wont be paying the 5 grand when the feds come to my door.

Ha, I would pay them if they could even find it!!

There is a petition to sign about this, but its against T&C so I cant post a link to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Anyone else open this thread thinking lots of grannies were going to be cold this winter?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I feel absolutely terrible for you folks. I can't even begin to contemplate how it has come this far in such a short period of time in Britain.
Did that shooting (Dunblane or somesuch) have THAT much of an efeect on the whole society? I just can't understand allowing yourselves to be disarmed by "your" government in the first place.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I truly want to know.

*edit*
almost forgot:

Always remember, only the law-abiding are obligated to follow the law.

Criminals do not have that concern

Are you kidding? This makes owning a CAP GUN a CRIME punishable with 14 years in prison! This would make nearly every boy between 8 and 13 in the U.S.A. a Felon!

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Fry2]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wouldnt really call it disarming, you cant really kill anyone with an airsoft weapon.

It is stripping us of more rights though, little kiddies wont be aloud any of those old cowboy guns or anything.

I hate my government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This law is a reaction to that recent criminal case of the Antique dealer/ Egg Farmer and his son who sold de-activated guns with reactivating kits. Apparently he sold thousands (AK's, Uzis etc they also found a bazooka with ammo) he apparently said buy 10 get 1 free.

Police think he sold at least 3000 and detectives revealed that weapons bought from the pair had been recovered at the scene of eight murders, countless gangland shootings and a loyalist arms cache in Dublin, NI, Manchester, Glasgow and London.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Popeye]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was speaking of the TRUE disarming that led up to where you are now. You may not even be aware of it depending on your age.
As others have stated, criminals don't give a flying....well, you know... about the laws! They will always be able to get guns from the Chinese or Russians. I'm not saying that Americans are innocent either! Just that "soviet era" weapons are cheap and there are millions upon millions on the black market.
In short...
Now when someone breaks into your house you can call 999 and wait 30 minutes while holding off a gang of knife wielding maniacs with an umbrella.

You have become a society of "victims". Now you are becoming victims of your own victimhood. First you lose nearly all rights to own personal weapons and now they are taking anything that "LOOKS LIKE" one.

Something is VERY wrong and I don't envy your position whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Best thing for Britain we don't want guns here, criminals might have them but they always will. The general public is better of without firearms, if we had them the murder rate would soar.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why would you even want a fake weapon? Wouldn't it be easier to beat an attacker to death with a hammer then a simulated pistol?

Oh wait, You start doing that and Blair will sneak in a bill to outlaw hammers. My bad.

Guess i'm off to other stuff.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
As to what I think about Britains situation, there are a lot of Muslims there, not sure of the percentage but I thought it was around 57%?

-

You'll find the highest Muslim population in Europe is France (thanks to their old Empire days).
They have around 10% of their Population is Muslim.

In Britain we have around 2.5 - 3%.

Where on earth did you ever get the idea it was 57%!?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That is got to be one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard of, even stupider than the one here that says "pigs cant bathe in a bathtub on saturday nights".

You guys should do what we did...uhh to you, but to your government instead, that is have a revolution.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah we know!

It's a stupid law; 'replicas' will be banned but CO2 air pistols (clones of 1911 A1, CP99, 92F etc) will be OK these are replicas but not 'replicas' as they're 'air pistols' - Huh?

www.airgunbuyer.com...

Stupid law from a light-weight, ignorant government. Full of holes like the hunting 'ban'

BTW loads of guns in UK (235,000 new shotgun certs issued last year!) and we can have silencers no problem so NERR on that one!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So its starting. Britain is becoming a dictatorship. Even faster than here in the US. Just look at my list of 5 things dictatorships need
1. Fear [britain check, america check]
2. Abuse of Government Power [britain check america check]
3. Disarmnament of Population [britain Check America not so much]
4. Disarmnament of Media [britain sometimes America sometimes]
5. A Charismatic Dictatator [britain in progress america in progress

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I actually heard that high percentage, don't recall from where at the moment but I think it was from a documentary? At any rate, thanks for correcting me since that high a number had me a little concerned for you guys.
Maybe my number was related to a specific suburb or something, not really sure since this was back around desert storm days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join