It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran reporter Helen Thomas vows to kill herself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

"The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself," she told the HILL. "All we need is one more liar."

Thomas added, "I think he'd like to run, but it would be a sad day for the country if he does."

boy she is really serious, maybe just like some actors and actresses who vow to move out of the country if Bush is reelected. if Cheney is elected, if he chose to become the presidential candidate, would ya move out of the country, or just shoot yerself.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well lets all hope that Cheney does run then...

Helen is a freak.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Off the cuff remark, it doesn't mean anything. We've all said something like that at one time or another. She's just being inflammatory.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You can't say she wouldn't be doing the world a favor, I mean look at her:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Now, now, beauty is only skin deep. Although I'd think someone of her age would have more respect for life than to say something like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Beauty may be only skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree, nothing would be lost with her. Although I have an interesting video...

I can't have it on ATS, it violates the rules. But it is a reporter guy or something calling a press conference. People come in, and as things settle down he pulls a gun out and eats it.(Where you put it in your mouth and pull the trigger)

Quite brutal.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
boy she is really serious, maybe just like some actors and actresses who vow to move out of the country if Bush is reelected. if Cheney is elected, if he chose to become the presidential candidate, would ya move out of the country, or just shoot yerself.

He's already the president!

Don't you know that?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You can't say she wouldn't be doing the world a favor, I mean look at her:

I do hope you're being funny. She has been a valued member of the media longer than most of us have been breathing. Anyone that sez anything stoopid about her can *%$@ off.

Oh yea, and she's old. Make fun of an old person's looks. That's real cute.

Amen over and out.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Helen Thomas is a professional heckler at this stage of the game. I think the White House and especially the Press Secretary both deserve kudos for treating her as royalty. The better part of valor is discretion and Helen has lost hers.

Oh, and Dick Cheney has no plans to run for the Presidency. This upcoming race is going to be a doozy. I will make one prediction early on. If Hillary Clinton does not get rid of that whiny, monotone drone of complaints about the current administration, she's as dead in the water as John Kerry.

[edit on 2005/7/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Helen Thomas is a professional heckler at this stage of the game. I think the White House and especially the Press Secretary both deserve kudos for treating her as royalty. The better part of valor is discretion and Helen has lost hers.

Treating her as royalty?

Every administration since at least Kennedy gave Helen Thomas a seat up front. It was only this, (scared) administration that moved her to "the back of the bus." They just can't stand someone asking real questions. That's weak.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't catch many White House press conferences, but from what I have seen, Thomas stopped asking real questions long ago. She heckles and everyone humors her. She's a relic--the last hurrah of old-line feminsm.

[edit on 2005/7/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
She's not even a reporter anymore, she's a columnist...the only one I think that gets White House press conference access at all.

Plus I'm not kidding, she has looks like Medusa and a personality to match.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
She's not even a reporter anymore, she's a columnist...the only one I think that gets White House press conference access at all.

Plus I'm not kidding, she has looks like Medusa and a personality to match.

The woman writes the truth. I know that burns... but that's too bad, man. And smearing her cos she's old and ugly..? that's just low rent. she's an excellent journalist, too, btw.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

"The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself," she told the HILL. "All we need is one more liar."

Anyone who would take this comment literally needs their head checked.

Dick Cheney IS the president.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My comments have nothing to do with Helen's age or her pulchritude. My comments have everything to do with her attitude, which can best be described as petulant.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of these liberals raising my hopes just to dash them against the rocks of their lying reality. The Baldwins didn't move and Thomas won't kill herself!

Nothing like an objective journalist, and she has NEVER been anything like one.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I've been called to task for highlighting the sheep/sheppard nature of you folks, the eerily direct line to mobilization by the 101st Fighting Keyboardists to anything that comes from Karl Rove's fax to Drudge-Newsmax-WND et al, and the gut twisting blind introspective eye you view yourselves with when it comes to the walks like a duck-quacks like a duck kinship of your actions to fascism.
But HELEN THOMAS!?!? Been the matriarch of the White House press corp since Kennedy, and has taken all of
them to the woodshed, Dem & GOP alike. It's a cluster & a half with TEAM BUSH, that's why she's kicked it up.....it's warranted. You guys actually think that Ari Feisher & Scott McCllelan deserve ANY respect from ANYONE!?!
The Press Corp is suppose to be confrntational....where are the questions that uncover asked, other than by the press? You think the 2 Party power share farce is going to get to the meat? They're hindered by power brokerage. Corp Citizens? There is no such thing - only retraction of endorsemnts & contributions should the particular GOP Senator get arrested trolling for gay sex in the park a 2AM.
We are all, by the grace of God, going to be old fed up with the transparent bulls**t curmudgeons one day, may we be lucky enough to do it with 1/2 her alacrity & erudition.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Now I wonder if other liberals were to jump on this band wagon and threaten to kill themselves if Cheney ran for prez, if he did in fact run, if the press would start accusing him and the GOP of mass murder by allowing Cheney to run in the primary (highly doubt he'd get past that phase).

I don't know the first thing about Thomas, so I really can't comment on her except to say:

You know, I don't think she's a big Dick Cheney fan.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That's a great idea! Then arrest all of the republicans and democrats take over, save the economy, save our troops, gas prices drop, make millions of jobs, and we become respected again in the world community!

Come on Cheney, kill them all!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join