It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery paper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I got this paper on a trip to portugal, found it folded under a rock in a small woven bag, next to a rock that looks like a face have tried to get info on what it says but have not been able to. need help to find out what it says.

home.comcast.net...

[edit on 28-7-2005 by cmaracing]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, scan it and post the image. Or something. Unless you want remote viewers to tackle it!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The paper says:

"Thanks for finding my note while on your travels. When you return home, please join AboveTopSecret.com immediately and join the best online community regarding all things mysterious, political and fun.

All the best,
Zedd

ps) Do you like the pet rock I made for you?"

Seriously, any way you could get it scanned and upload it? That really is the only way we could help.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All set here is a copy of the paper.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looks like Arabic of some type to me.

Nice job though if getting it online.

Can anyone crack this mystery?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Seems to me that its written in some kind of arabic (well dur Zanzibar, you are thick!!)

It could be some kind of hidden message that says where food stores are or something. You can find them over here in Blighty all the tiome in those far hills.

.................Or it could be a message from the aliens saying we ae all going to die a horrible, painful death. One of the two.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i have the paper in my hand, there was one situation where i saw 1 or 2 syboles at an old church in boston

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but I say its the original plans for the Brady Bunch

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The paper says:

Someone really needs to make a note like that and put it under a cute little rock!

Imgaine in a few months a prospective member showing up with it!

The symbols in the boxes in the center look greek. The script on the outside is squiggly, don't know if that makes it arabic tho. Why is there a section missing?

This is actually quite intersting. Why would there be a note with arabic script on the edges (presumably) and possibly greek symbols in grid in the center? Is there a pattern to the symbols in the grid?

Why is a section missing? Do you have the missing section? Is it paper, it looks a little different.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the way the paper was found in portugal, portugal had many moors characterization of the Islamic civilization.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.ibiblio.org...

The Greek Alphabet

www.arabic2000.com...

Arabic Alphabet.

That might help you out. Try and copy it up now, using that.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
thanks at one point i had seen 1 or 2 syboles in the center of the paper in an old church in boston

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is ripped in part and its ashame a bit is missing, it reminds me of one of those sliding puzzels which is square and all the peices are square. Maybe it is a puzzle to that affect and you have to juggle it about to get the message.

Maybe photocopy it and rip the copy into peices and see what happens.

Do you have a mousqe near you? Maybe find some Arabs to help you translate the paper! Try resturants especially greek as one explination is the greek in the middle.

Get on the case sherlock and keep us posted, interesting thread i will add it to my favorites!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My friend's taking a look at it, says that--turning the paper upside down--there are clearly Farsi numbers in the boxes.

www.omniglot.com...

He's got nothing on the text yet, its all very smudgy. However, if you imagine its a phone pad, in the box where number 8 would be is either the fraction 1006/4 or the number 100416. Doesn't help unravel the mystery much, but he'll get back to me if he can make out anything else.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i have a much higher res scan which you can see it better.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
try these free hosting sites if its too big for ATS.

www.imageshack.com...
www.photobucket.com...

but i think photobucket re-sizes images.

yahoo.com also offers free photo-hosting when you sign up for their free personalized homepage and email.

Give some of those a shot and maybe then we'll all be able to see the symbols more clearly. If it doesn't work out give me a u2u if you can to let me know and I'll chek with some other people for recomendations, or just let me know in the thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Also, can you scan the bag or take a photo of it?

Where in portugal was this and what was the specific location? Was it an arabic community?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
new pics added to my site high res pics

home.comcast.net...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's Arabic, but looks like an older script of it to me.

You could try the links I posted and attempt to match the letters up? The middle - could be Greek, but that's a weak point. I can speak it mildly, but I can't read or write it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
for about 1 year trying to read this can anyone help, have try to see simaler letters to different lang.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join