It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much work do Mods and Super Mods do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
are they required to spend much time to check out how the ATS site is doing? like how many hours per day? can u have a break or rest from it?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i will say that most mods do / must (?) stay on ATS daily...

they must "govern" their respective thread and etc...

so yes, they must be on a lot...

and i will say yes, they do have "breaks" because this is not a job per se...

they do not get paid...

maybe it is like volunteer work???

but, it is hard work none-the-less...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How much work do Mods and Super Mods do?

Well, seeing as I have a gov't job, not much.

Oh, you meant here. As much as we can. And yes we take breaks, you have to sometimes for your sanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
we do enough work and yes most of us are on daily, but we also work as a team and as a team we are able to cover for each other etc. Some of us are on more often than other, some of us can only be here during certain times, etc, we all have lives and do this as volunteers, there's no payment except for the occassional ride on the ATS jet and few beers from the office fridge

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They do a hell of alot of work and have the communities best interests at hand...three cheers for the supers, mods, and admin

edit: and a cheer for the council

[edit on 28-7-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Luckily for us, intrepid's government job is a different government - our government works really hard![/straightface]

One of the first things that struck me as a moderator was the amount of work that gets done. There's a lot underlying the public side of the work we do. We definitely work harder than most website staff, and harder than quite a few staff members of more traditional offices.

Once the store opens up, though, SkepticOverlord promised we'd get Moderator-Operable Desk Services, which should help streamline the process a lot.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
whats a Moderator Operable Desk Services? and how does it help?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
are they required to spend much time to check out how the ATS site is doing?

I believe the request it to try and check in once per day in assigned forums for Mods.

like how many hours per day?

No "required" amount.

can u have a break or rest from it?

Yes of course. Many people are on a break now.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, most if not all of us are on daily.
I'd have to say it's a labor of love and loyalty. BTW, I've been other several other boards, and I'd have to say this is the best run.

I think the best part of having assigned fora, rather than tending the whole borad is we get to know the members unique to each forum and we get to know our assigned topics abetter.

As for breaks we all need a break from time to time.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have nothing to say except I have the utmost respect for the Mods and Supers. They have really helped me in the past and I look forward to meeting more. There is one Mod in particular, I must say, stands out in the crowd. I have grown fond of this Mod because we came separately to ATS for the same interest or at least the same interest drove us both to ATS in the first place. Without this Mods assistance, I would still be trying to learn how to post properly.

A Big Thank You! to all the Mods and Supers that I have met and those whom I look forward to meeting in the near future.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The staff of ATS should be commended on their unseen efforts, deeds, concerns, ideas, suggestions, and their dedication in daily working to make ATS a better place to for all of us to interact within the growing ATS community. The recently elected ATS representing Council should be highly commended, as well.

All of them do what they do for all of us, without pay, and often without members actually knowing or appreciating their unseen and unnoticed efforts. They do an exceptional job and duty.

My hats off to all of them.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't do anything actually. No one seems to have noticed yet. Everyonce in a while I leave the 'workstations' that they have for us and get some beer outta the minifridge in the lounge. Usually I pass Amuk and Intrepid comming back on my way there!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
are they required to spend much time to check out how the ATS site is doing? like how many hours per day? can u have a break or rest from it?

Deltaboy, the mods, staff and council members screw off every chance we get. (I threw council in there - 'cos I can identify.)

We try and take as much time off as possible b/c we really don't care what goes on here.

And as far as we're concerned, you can bugger off and leave us alone.

[edit on 7/28/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Deltaboy, the mods, staff and council members screw off every chance we get. (I threw council in there - 'cos I can identify.)

We try and take as much time off as possible b/c we really don't care what goes on here.

And as far as we're concerned, you can bugger off and leave us alone.

[edit on 7/28/05 by EastCoastKid]

i knew it

now i have proof for my conspiracy theory

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
TheyseeAll, don't make me go back and edit your post!

There is nothing to see here. Move along!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Mods have to do a lot of work, but Super Mods just lounge around on couches eating grapes and being fanned with large palm fronds by beautiful women.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We spend heaps of time writing and revising posts for the members to read!

Its a killer of a job!

let me give you an example ... here is the first draft of our "welcome to Bryd as a Supermod" post...

After much discussion with the ATS Lawyers, we have reluctantly (been forced) decided to promote one of our female moderators to the position of Super mod.

We are assured that this position is necessary due to this Equal Opportunity crap that the lawyers feel could come back and haunt us if we did not appoint a female Super mod.

It would cause unnecessary troubles in the courts, and waste a lot of time that can be better spent rebuking wackos, sucking up to the CIA, and selling our information to the highest bidders.

I assure YOU, members of this forum, that Bryds actions will be watched most critically. Any inkling of wrongdoing, and we'll be more than happy to revoke not only her Super Mod status.

Eventually we ended up with this....

Please welcome Bryd as a new supermod on ATS. We are overjoyed at having such a mature intelligent person to help share the load. I know that we all enjoy her participation

It took us ages tog et to that last draft, we even had to delete out the bits about her CIA rating and the countries she represents on the board.
Its a thankless job!

You have no idea!

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding stoopid...

What is the dif between MOD and Super MOD?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
At the risk of sounding stoopid...

What is the dif between MOD and Super MOD?

Mods have power only over the assigned forums while super mods have powers over the entire board, plus some extra powers such as dispensing permanent bans.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Mods are just gods

Supermods are Deities!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join