It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Another step for Global War, Floating Missile Defense Radar Completed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
And I thought missile defense had been being worked on LONG before the War on Terror started, and this had everything to do with that, and nothing to do with the WoT.

OK - Check this Scenario:

The USA Builds the Ultimate NON-Penetranable Defence Missile Shield.

Whats the Solution for the "Supposed Attackers" if they REALLY Wanted to Send Nukes to the American Targets? A Small Suitcase maybe?

Anyway - I thought the Cold War was Over but I guess I was wrong - there are People that really want that time to come back, they want back that Fear of Nuclear Holocaust, they want back the time when people were afraid of the Possible Mutual Atomic Destruction = MAD.

And with this kind of Radar Systems, that time IS coming back - altho this time the Big Bad Wolf is the Asian Equation = China and North Korea, and not the Soviet Union.

[edit on 1/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
What part of China or North Korea threatening to launch missiles at the US has anything to do with a suitcase nuke? They threatened to launch MISSILES at us, which is what this radar detects.

I think you might have missed the point. The main threat that we face is changing. In all likelyhood, China and North Korea aren't going to carry out theses threats. China, for one, is a MAJOR trading partener of the US. Next time you go to the store, look at all the things that say: Made in China! Second, both of these nations are aware that if they were to launch a real attack, they could never hope to survive the Retalitory strike! I think this is the old bluff game again.

Remember the Cuban Misslie Crises in 1962? The Russians bluffed, we called it, they folded. The real threat is in Al Quida and Suit Case type Nukes. Terrorists don't play by the same reasoning that we use. Look how they use Suicide bombers. The though of dying can't deter a mad man who is happy to kill himself, if he can take you with.

If you can adapt to the threat that you face, you will die. We need to adapt to this new threat. A huge missile defense system isn't the answer, if missiles aren't the main threat. Personally I think, if September 11th showed us anything, In the area of air defenses, they got it wrong! The US was attack with air planes on a suicide mission. The best way to protect against that is with long-range, supersonic interceptors, not a missile sheild!

If you don't build your defences with the threat in mind, they won't help you when you need them!

Tim

[edit on 1-8-2005 by ghost]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Damn I thought War on Terror was aimed against Militant Islamic Fundamentalists.

damn i thought so too, but remember that the Bush admin involved North Korea and Iran, remember wat Bush said about them. i could look it up for ya.

<< 1  2   >>

join