It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over There-F/X Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Damn, did anyone here in ATS watch the new TV series called "Over There" last night? Its about a 3rd ID Army squad in Iraq trying to survive between their PC rules of engagement, Iraqi's shooting at them from the Mosque's, and roadside bombs.

Its well done and it shows the war on terror from the squad level's POV. The F/X channel musta had retired soldiers advising them, because they portrayed Army life in the field with brutal accuracy.

I saw some mistakes, but at least Hollywood is making a show to reflect our soldiers for what they are...Heros.

I recomend it for all members in ATS....civilian and military.

Maximu§

www.fxnetworks.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was WAITING to see that...And hated it.

Good acting, great locations and "feel", but in the first one hour episode they neatly used and highlighted every military cliche known to man. Blatantly and without remorse.

I will continue to watch it as its topical and the subject is obviously a huge interest to me.

Who knows, maybe they got all cliche's out of thier system and they will focus on the story now that they got the "hook" episode out of the way.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
yep, i watched it while i was at 24 hour fitness problem is that i had no headphones to hear it. its pretty good and realistic, i dont know if in Iraq sombody actually manage to make a direct hit with an M203 grenade launcher on an insurgent and the legs still moving which reminds me of headless chickens. but its good to see about personal problems involves as well as showing tha they may be tough but they scared as well. no rambo style action.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Saw it, Loved it. That show is AWESOME. And to clarify, a direct hit with an m203 is very possible, dont know why anyone would do it but it is. Also, it made it very clear why women shouldnt be allowed on the battle field. They showed 2 instances where the same girl put everyone in the unit in danger.

new topics

top topics

join