It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Forget to review and vote on submissions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Use this helpful link to view

All Outstanding Submissions.

ATSNN is very widely read across the internet, not just be ATS members. But ONLY ATS members have the priviledge of voting on them! ATSNN represents an oppurtunity for the members here to literally make their voice heard and their opinions get to have an immediate real world effect by deciding which reports get upgraded from submissions into Articles. In a sense, you are the News Editor!

Downgraded submissions get sent to Other Current Events from where they might get sent to any number of appropriate forums.

Just Remember to review and vote on the submissions. If you don't like the report overall or just think that its an intersting article but a poor quality submission, then the No:Story vote is the vote to choose, with other No options being more specific.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I wonder if it would be a big deal to just have a tab for this. It might make it easier for member participation in reviewing and voting on stories, as well as be an easy way to keep an eye out for breaking stories.

It would also be a good tool for members to make sure another submission hasn't already been drafted before they do one.

Edit: That's weird. If you click to go to the last page of submissions it is something like page 153, but there are really only articles on the first 2 pages.

[edit on 7/29/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Personally, I often vote a story up because I want to see further discussion of it, but if it has been going unnoticed, (not getting voted up) it could just have been posted at an odd time and now has fallen too far down the list. If you vote it up, and give a response to bump it up at the same time, it often suddenly gets noticed and takes off (resulting in the votes needed to get it beyond submission stage).

I did this yesterday to a submission that wasn't getting discussed (posted a reply during a busy board time) and it became active. So it's important to contribute to a thread that you really feel is worthy of discussion as well as vote.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I figured I'd post this here instead of starting an existing thread, and although it was briefly mentioned in this thread (by Helmutt, 6th post), this thread seems a little closer to the topic.

In that thread, Helmutt mentions:

I think that certain comments don´t belong in ATSNN at all.

Like: "I don´t think this belongs in ATSNN"
Or: "Your intro is biased or too short"
Or other comments regarding the formatting or layout of the submission.

I think that represents an underlying problem with the ATSNN voting. Sometimes there's some fairly minor problem with the thread, perhaps a layout or format issue, perhaps a grammer or spelling problem. Unfortunately, you can either post comments roughly like the above or vote no. Of course the poster is hidden until it's voted up or down, and there's no way to U2U through the post itself. While the "no" votes are at least categorized, they're still rather generic, and I personally don't want to vote no if there's something that's mildly wrong with a post but is otherwise fine. In the one or two news items I posted, someone voted "no: grammer" on one. I have no problem with that, but going back over the post I couldn't figure out what they meant for the life of me.

Would it be possible to have some kind of U2U message to the poster where they stay anonymous and we can make some kind of comment as to what could be changed? There's been a lot of submissions that I would have liked to make an editorial comment, but I (like Helmutt) have always felt that there's no place for those in the actual discussion of the post. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good points, and I might also suggest that ATSNN submissions have their own suscribable forum, so that when we click "My New" they show up. They will currently only show up for me when I click "New Posts" while on the ATS domain. Please tell me if I am overlooking something.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the above link for submissions. It shows just the articles in submission stage. I use it as my start page and try to make sure I vote on as many as I can, I might occasionally miss one.

I find it difficult when I see a submission has say 134 views and 8 replies and it is still a submission. It should have been voted way up by then.

So yeah, please when you are reading a submission click that lil vote thingy.....

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Myat -- I know what you mean - also when a submission has a lot of views and no replies and is still a submission. I try to vote on anything I read. I think McCory has a point with the u2u to the poster that would stay anonymous because it might be something simple that would change it from an no vote to a yes vote. The No Story or the No grammer is a frustrating u2u to receive because it is hard for the person who originally did the story to see what the person may be addressing.

I also liked when you could see how many yes votes something had -- at least you knew if anyone had voted on it at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think not only do we need to vote, but we need to reply. A reply will bump the story bringing it attention, and more voting. Maybe a story gets posted late at night and it ends up gradually moving to the bottom of the board and not even noticed.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great point, Umbrax.

Although I'm going to be a lot more tempted to reply if I have voted the story yes, or sent a "fix" for a story. But in any case, how bout we all try that if you give a story a yes vote, then with that yes, help it get voted up by offering a reply as well. I'll do my best on that from now on.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'd like to ask for staff clarification regarding something that happened with this OP/ED piece by subz. (It seems more reasonable to put in in this thread instead of starting a new one.)

In the aforementioned thread, there was apparently quite a problem with voting "yes" on an Op/Ed piece as opposed to "no:bias". My understanding--and what seems to be that of the majority of the members--is that Op/Ed pieces are almost supposed to be biased, or that it's at least much more forgiveable there. Is there any situation when an Op/Ed is too biased? If the no:bias is not applicable to the Op/Ed's, would it be too difficult to get the button removed?

If nothing else, there might be a little more obvious disclaimer as to how the voting criteria should differ (if at all) for an Op/Ed as opposed to a standard news piece.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
While I have only recently registered, therefore making myself a "newbie" who obviously knows nothing, I have already noticed that if you submit a news article that will by it's very nature be offensive to one political party or another (almost guaranteed), it will be voted against as biased by numerous people.

As an example, let's say that I post a submission based on a news story stating "Bush Proven to be a Nazi". In my submission, I say things like this is interesting and needs to be looked at. Now, the result of this would be the hard-core democrats voting yes, not matter the basis of the story and the hard-core republicans voting no, even if it were Bush who swore it under oath.

Those of us who are not so caught up in politics must vote on any submission that carries a relevant story simply to offset those that vote with an agenda!

I accept that I may be warned/banned for posting this, but I feel it's necessary that someone say this and therefore it's worth it.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why (and more importantly how to fix) the fact that this thread is constantly being updated according to my subscription list, however I cannot see any posts since my last one (on October 3rd)?

This is the only thread in which this is happening.

top topics

join