It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what to believe,according to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have been told through the years that it is unwise to take seriously many things,but the classic I have heard is:

-"Don't believe half of what you see,and none of what you hear'-

Sounds good until you give it a little more thought,it pretty much says:
-"Walk through life half blind and stone deaf"-

Somehow that would be more difficult than at least taking things into account until they are proven to be true or false.

So my theory is that the entire US was given some kind of vaccine to cause them to think this way without their realising it,because it seems that is how many here walk through life.

I understand that this is a religion/spirituality thread,and until you think about it,it is obvious that the religiospiritual aspects of having such an attitude as above become quite obvious.

Any enlightening twists on this theory?.

And yes,I know that I put way too much thought into that,but I have always been rebellious.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
thats an interesting theory, i dunno what to make of it thou
i will have to have a think about it and then i'll post my thoughts about it

*edited*

so you are saying that US have brain washed americans to think this way? i think the US could have sprayed large areas with a chemical to brain wash people to think a certain way.

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by infinite]

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
...I was just kidding about.Sorry for being vague.
What the point of the thread really is,have you heard any profoundly stupid sayings similar to this one ?.Sayings that are obviously designed,with the ignorant in mind,HAHAHAHa.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i find it funny you think this only applies to people who in the US. (you at least imply this in your post, if not then clarify it to reflect what you really mean)

but being one of the "evil arrogant fat americans" everyone loves to think of as ignorant lazy and basically stupid i will ATTEMPT to make a response to what you have said. i can only hope my lack of education can be overlooked by your obvious superiority and you can forgive me if my stupidity makes your brain hurt....

i notice you use the word "seems". interesting choice of words, it denotes a perception, more precisely how YOU perceive things to be. if you will be so kind as to read the entry entitled "its all a matter of perception" in my blod you will note than anything and eveything is a matter of perception and even what is real and right are wrong are only matters of perception and how we want to see things.

you obviously want to see the US as a nation full of ignorant half blind stone deaf people. thats ok but i question WHY you want to think this way. every person is unique yes? if so then wouldnt it be more fair to at least get to know even most americans before making a generalizing statement about a whole nation of people?

as for the subject at hand what is it that you are looking for exactly? one cannot be taught what one does not want to learn. i think you have all the motivation to learn as much as a crack head has a motivation to stop using drugs.

if you have a point other than the one i see then by all means "enlighten" me by telling me directly what you are getting at.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
About a half blind,stone deaf perspective many people in my country have,which by the way is the US,and not restricted solely to the US either.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
About a half blind,stone deaf perspective many people in my country have,which by the way is the US,and not restricted solely to the US either.

jokes usually have something called humor.

too many on this board posts threads like this so i find it hard to muster any humor for this sort of thing. you may or may not understand why. if not then let me know as i really dont want to seem defensive but i really dont like generalizing remarks even in jest, it perpetuates the ignorance that plagues this board.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Tje truth is we realy do live in a society of ignorance, we never see whats past the lies, I'm a american my self, and it disgust me with every presidential speech people buy it then continue with thier lives. When will they see?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe everything I hear, and not a word of it!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Perhaps I do things a little different. I do put great value in what I see, and can understand.

However, I put little value in what is told to me especially when it comes in the spiritual or religious mode.

We do not live in a society of ignorance. What we live in is a society that does not pay attention. Most are concerned with their everyday lives instead of what is really important and beneficial for all involved.

A little story from the other day. I work at a drug store part time at night. This gentleman came up to check out. He was really a nice guy as one can always tell that by attitude. He dropped his pen while writing and made the statement, "Ah, this broken down body of mine" as he bent over to pick up. I made the statement that his spirit was still very strong. He stated, "Yes, it is." and gave me the knowing look. We both knew what each meant.

top topics

join