It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rightfull ending for a horrible man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.msnbc.com...

I am not an advocate of eye for and eye but this guy had it coming, good riddance to bad rubbish

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yeah but, the MURDERER of this pedofile should be shot. Simple as that, i cant understand how can US prison system allow drugs, rapes and murders in prisons.. if you cant hold the convicts down how do you think that you can rule the world?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This was obviously allowed to happen.

"Only one correction officer was on duty in the protective custody unit at the time, according to an account of the attack provided by Robert Brouillette, an executive of the Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union, who interviewed correction officers for seven hours Saturday. State and county officials involved in the investigation would not comment on Brouillette�s description."

I'm not surprised that this happened, however; it does point to the corruption in the correctional system. Thsi should not have happened. It is not up to the guards or inmates (most of all!) to decide how people should be punished for their crimes.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Now that's what I call justice. The man was accused of having molested over 150 childs?! How on hell could that happen??? Sorry, but I think he deserved what he got. If that doesn't discourage child rapist, I don't know what will. Certainly not just a couple of year of prison.

American justice at it's best

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you mess around with little kids you are on the absolute bottom of the food chain in the US prison system. Pretty much common knowledge here that the federal pen. is a death sentence for child rapers.
I support this fully.

I also feel the guy that killed him deserves a bullet, not for dispensing justice but, for being part of the Arian Nation.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hey if you are willing to do the crime that will land you in prison than you have to be willing to do the time. and there are certain things that go along with going to prison, including beatings, rapings, and killings. if you cant SURVIVE in prison, DONT GO. its not a damn vacation spot. which brings me to my next point of prisoners being treated too damn well in prison. they get to watch tv and they have their own bathroom in their cell what kind of correctional facilities are these, converted hotels?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Itchy...

Have you ever been to a prison? They are far from a hotel. I worked in Canada for Correctional Service Canada, where I visited several Canadian Penetentiary's, which have much better conditions and are much safer than American prison's. They are definitely not converted resorts. The fact that you even mention that displays your ignorance. How would you like to live in a concrete room with a toilette next to your bed...even if it does have a tv? Honestly.

Finally, as for all of you who post that you're glad the man was killed, I will put this theory forward. What if it were you....you were convicted of a crime...an absolutely horrendous crime...your name is ruined....you are at the bottom of the prison hierarchy...your are constantly badgered.....and you were innocent.

I'm definitely not saying that the priest was innocent in all likelihood he was guilty, but there is a chance that he was innocent, convicted or not. I don't like the idea of having prisoners killing each other because of the crimes they commit because they are in prison in order to be rehabilitated, not to sink deeper into crime.

It's a lose lose situation.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
this is what happens to chilly-mo's in prison.
I'd personally commute the guy's sentance.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One thing about prison and child molestors/abusers....either the guards, or the other prisoners will get you... Personally, I'm usually ok with that...but if you go in wrongfully accused (as someone I knew did), then God help you.... (this one I knew subsequently committed suicide rather than face the nightly guard beatings)....

However,

Druce, 37, was immediately isolated and will be charged with murder, investigators said. Massachusetts does not have a death penalty, so it is unclear what additional punishment he could receive since he is serving a life sentence for strangling a man in 1988.

This is EXACTLY why the Death penalty is a necessity.. He had nothing to lose, therefore, he can break any law he chooses....even though incarcerated. There HAS to be the ultimate penalty.... Instead, the tax payers are going to befooting the bill, just to add another life sentence to this guy, for the trial, etc....

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Perhaps he needed the ludvico treatment?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The priest didn't deserved to live anyway, in prison or not, so the killer did a good thing in my opinion. He's way better now, plus, he probably wouldn't have had the guts to kill him-self.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Perhaps he needed the ludvico treatment

Ouch, my eyes hurt just LOOKING at that pic!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Itchy...

Have you ever been to a prison? They are far from a hotel. I worked in Canada for Correctional Service Canada

yes, luke i have been to a prison, not for an extended stay but i have visited prisons here and i can say that i do not approve of where my tax dollars go. i could care less if inmates have cable so they can watch hbo. prisons should not have televisions or any kind of recreational activities except going outside to the yard. everything else is bs. prison is supposed to exist so people do not under any circumstances, want to go there. manual labor is just fine for inmates and they should not be able to have outlets like tv. you want a communal radio that can be listened to, fine. tv and free food off my dollar dont make me happy.
also, i would much rather see my money go to rehabilitaion of prisoners not just locking people up and letting them out to become repeat offenders. if people realized they COULD NOT survive in prison they would not go. bring back alcatraz. but then again, i guess canada has all these things, they are, after all, an all around better country then the us arent they

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Itchy,

In my personal opinion yes, canada is a far better country than the US. Our government doesn't send us to war, we can travel without being worried that we will be threatened because of the country we are from, we have clean lakes, clean forests, clean cities, and we have much less crime, perhaps because we don't treat our criminals like animals, we don't send EVERYONE to jail for small offences, and we DO rehabilitate rather than punish.

America is a great country, but it is far below where it should be given it's resources. you want to talk about wasted resources. Don't look at your prison system...lok at your military...it's gross. That's where your tax dollars are going.

Do you think criminals want to go to jail now? I assure you they don't. They would much rather be running wild and free in the US.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Yeah but, the MURDERER of this pedofile should be shot.

I don't think so. If anything, I think he did the right thing. It should be a point in his favor. You saw Slingblade, right? It needed to be done, just as that sick fu*k needed to be killed in that movie. Sure, it might not be a nice thought, but what's the difference between gov't approved executions, and someone murdering the guy because he really deserved it? Actually, come to think of it, I tend to trust that prisoner's judgement more than the courts. It may have been brutal, but he did the right thing, IMO. Massachusetts does not have a death penalty, and he knew that. The state wasn't going to properly dispose of this worthless trash.

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
Perhaps he needed the ludvico treatment?

lol!!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Itchy...

Have you ever been to a prison? They are far from a hotel. I worked in Canada for Correctional Service Canada, where I visited several Canadian Penetentiary's, which have much better conditions and are much safer than American prison's. They are definitely not converted resorts. The fact that you even mention that displays your ignorance. How would you like to live in a concrete room with a toilette next to your bed...even if it does have a tv? Honestly.

Yeah, this is a common rhetoric that most people who haven't been to a prison, or even jail, seem to adhere to. If you've ever been locked up, you'd understand how wrong that type of thinking is. Prison is a horrible place, no matter what kind of petty privileges they may or may not allow. The reason they have television, or some type of activities, is more for the sake of the guards. Dangerous people with absolutely nothing to do are ten times as dangerous. They'll find something to do, and most of the people in prisons, including the guards, would rather it not be violent.

Itchy...

Finally, as for all of you who post that you're glad the man was killed, I will put this theory forward. What if it were you....you were convicted of a crime...an absolutely horrendous crime...your name is ruined....you are at the bottom of the prison hierarchy...your are constantly badgered.....and you were innocent.

That is always a horrible thought, but also quite irrelevant, once you've been permanently convicted. Even if you are innocent, there's been a few cases we're just hearing of now where someone is freed due to new DNA testing. (and that's hardly new anymore)
If you're innocent, you get sentenced, appeal the decision, and lose, you're screwed.

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Satyr,

I'm with you on this one...a complacent mind numbed inmate...occupied/babysat by TV is much better than having an angry, bored, aggitated inmate.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh well, at least the tax payers arent paying to clothe, feed and house that maggot anymore...

arc

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
last time I checked the law, vigilantism wasn't legal....

whatever the failings of the legal system it is there in place to ensure people receive a trial in court and a sentance. Condoning actions such as these almost promotes the bypassing of the legal system and public lynchings.

Yes he was more than likely guilty of being a paedophile, but as an elderly man was probably going to die in prison anyhow. And he'd already received his judgement. I'm unsure of whether he should have been placed in a psychiatric unit rather than a prison - have they actually decided one way or the other yet whether paedophilia is a treatable mental illness?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join