It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MICRO$OFT WINDOWS IS INSECURE -- AND PLANNED THAT WAY!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
It's the idiots that sit, unprotected on the internet and the 'tech experts' that don't apply the patches in the microsoft bulletin every now and then that have systems which are open to attack.
$0.02

Yep...It's no different than New Cars and Service Plans on anything else. I've been on broadband for years now and sometimes I am very careless (only cause I know how to fix problems though) but all the help is out there for security, and is usually cheap if not free.

MS is unsecure and no doubt planned at times cause the programmers can't be that stupid that many times over and over. But at the same time you have to figure that MS is made so anyone can use it and is extremely compatible, which is going to be trouble sometimes. They were a huge part in why the computer age is what it is today though. People just need to learn about the tech. they are using if they are going to rely that much on it. I've been a tech and net admin. and certified for years now and graphic artist/publisher before that and yet I still don't use my PC for shopping and constant Credit Card purchasing simply cause I LOVE CASH!! Maybe I'm just old though...

I also only have one credit card I never use and drive a restored '69 el camino too. There are many benifits to keeping yourself a bit "Old School" and "In Charge", but it takes some extra education and training, that is the trade off..

<< 1   >>

join