It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MICRO$OFT WINDOWS IS INSECURE -- AND PLANNED THAT WAY!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A Washington Post article says Microsoft Windows is insecure by design . Quote: 'Between the Blaster worm and the Sobig virus, it's been a long two weeks for Windows users. But nobody with a Mac or a Linux PC has had to lose a moment of sleep over these outbreaks -- just like in earlier "malware" epidemics. This is not a coincidence.
www.washingtonpost.com...
How much longer will we be able to resist assimilation? Microsoft assholes have been slinging unsafe, insecure, crappy software on the masses for so long its now almost impossible to use anything else in the business world. How many dollars have been lost to tracking down security problems and holes in the software that allows damaging viruses, worms, and outright security attacks on networks.
If your water supply was this crappy heads would be rolling.
If the banking system was this prone to attacks, heads would be rolling.
If cars were this unreliable, heads would be rolling.
Computer technology is critical to our society, why aren't heads rolling?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Microsoft is it's own organization, it is not a publicly run organization. Thus, it is less accountable for problems that occur. that is not to say that they should get away with providing #ty products to customers, but you do have the option to operate using non-microsoft programs...many people do it.

AS for your comments regarding banking system, and automobiles. I'm not entirely sure they are more reliable than windows. There are automobile recalls everyday from various manufacturers. The banking system is plenty corrupt.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
microsoft was never designed to be used for networks/internet and thats why its very insecure. Linux is designed for networking/internet and thats why linux is very secure and good

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.securityfocus.com...
according to an article at SecurityFocus, and another article at The Register, 'The Slammer worm penetrated a private computer network at Ohio's Davis-Besse nuclear power plant in January and disabled a safety monitoring system for nearly five hours.'" Russell writes "Maryland MARC Train Service was shut down most of Wednesday morning due to what sounds like the MS-Blast worm or one of its variants. The local Baltimore news reports that the cause was a signal malfunction but CSX, whose communications system runs the tracks, has an article describing the shutdown as a result of 'a worm virus similar to those that have infected the systems of other major companies and agencies in recent days'. This indicates that the network that the train signaling stations are on is not protected by firewalls, at least to block ports 135 and 444 where the DCOM vulnerability is attacked. Wow, taken to the extreme, the exploitation of their systems could have caused a train collision and injury or death to hundreds of Maryland and Virginia commuters.
www.csx.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Microsoft if freaking me out, they are way to powerful and even though most people know they are they don�t care and they trust them anyway. All the # about viruses in the media is alarming. Of course Microsoft has security holes with intention, they get power that way� they gain control over the masses and gets them to download all sorts of stuff without hesitation. What if Microsoft is not only planned to be insecure against threats like computer viruses, but that they also "create" threats, like the recent Blaster worm and the sobig.f virus, or at least use these threats to create fear amongst the masses in order to control them. Every windows update is probably loaded with bugging technology, spy ware and all sorts of other #.

For the past weeks there has been several stories in the Norwegian and the international media about computer virus outbreaks. We have had headlines like: �In Two Hours sobig f will raise hell", "Fear of a even more dangerous virus", "Virus experts fighting against time", "Receive critical help against computer viruses", "This is how you get rid of the virus", "this is how you avoid getting the virus", "Computer Virus the cause of depression and serious mental illness"

A lot of people/most people/the masses freaks out when they hear this... you have fear, and the masses are under control by the thing/system/people/powers who tell them this and who also tells them how to defend themselves against it. This is used all the time... You create or use a problem to control or gain trust from certain people by presenting them with a solution to the problem you have already freaked them out with� some times the problem is not even real.

for example ---> WTC is attacked > media goes nuts > the masses freaks out in fear of terrorism > m.r Bush knows what to do > m.r Bush sets out on his holy crusade to # up Muslims and other shady people > the masses trust him and blindly, swallows everything he say and does not see anything wrong with what m.r Bush and his men are doing no matter what because they are blinded in fear of the "evil doers" > the masses are owned, and Bush can have his war and his oil or whatever he wants without any problems.

---> Virus outbreak > media goes nuts > masses freaks out in fear of getting their computers #ed up > Microsoft knows what to do and presents to them a series of solutions to the problems which they have already customized a long time ago... security updates and all kinds of changes to their programs. In the shadows of the news about the viruses there are popping up news about changes Microsoft are doing... "This is the new Windows", "New Security Update", "Protect yourself from blaster worm now... download this package of state of the art tap...eh.su..eh anti virus updates" "Windows updates may become automatically" "Huge MSN Security Update... all third party clients and msn clients below version 5.0 banned" > The masses download like maniacs without raising a single question > the masses are owned. We have been owned for ages of course, but this is just an example of how we are being owned..

We will always be slaves unless something is done. The Elite must be crushed.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
1. Hackers like to affect the most people.
2. Most people use Windows.
3. Hackers need to make viruses for Windows.

It's really as simple as that. It's not a question of security at all. If a Hacker wanted to make a Linux virus, it'd be even easier to do than a Windows one, from my current understanding of it....mostly due to open source code... Mac would be harder, but certainly not impossible.... Simple law of supply and demand...not security....

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, of course... Windows will always be more of a target than for instance Linux or Mac, because its used by a lot more people, but you can still se how Microsoft could gain control by making their system slightly insecure, and it is very possible that�s what they are doing.

Besides this, I still believe Microsoft "creates" or/and uses threats like the current virus outbreak to strike fear into the masses and control them by presenting them with the solution. I�m not saying the blaster worm and sobig f is created by Microsoft, I have no proof of that... only my suspicion after witnessing the intense media madness and the sudden burst in updates and stuff from Microsoft in the shadow of it all. I just see that this is a great way for Microsoft to get their users to download what ever they want them to download without raising any questions. The possibility that they did in fact create these and other threats is present though. It�s important to keep asking questions and being critical.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
of course, they love to watch u while ur on ur comp. Like all governments and big buisnesses, their corrupt

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's up to the user to make sure they're secure, whether you're using Linux, Unix, or Windoze. It always has been. People who don't take it upon themselves to learn how to use firewalls and routers deserve what they get, IMO. Linux can be insecure too, if you don't know what you're doing. It just so happens that Windoze is easier to exploit and done more frequently because more people use it. I do think Linux (depending on which you choose) is more secure by default. I mean, people use Linux boxes specifically as a firewall. Most of the people I know who began using *nix had a tougher time getting anything to access the Inet, because more ports are closed by default. Similarly, if you activate XP's firewall, you'll find that you may start having problems with blocked access to and from the Inet. XP's firewall is not as configurable as Zone Alarm or Kerio type software firewalls.

In short, use a firewall! (or at least a good router) It's a no brainer.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
anyone in computers would know that windows is made to flower up, there are something like 1 million lines of absolutely useless code in it, and why would they have even released windows ME it was useless

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

1. Hackers like to affect the most people.
2. Most people use Windows.
3. Hackers need to make viruses for Windows.

1. Very few hacker's actually hack to affect people. Your thinking about cracker's and script kiddie's. Mainly script kiddie's are the problem.

2. True, and it can be secured for the most part. Except for the little problem of most window's user's are also computer illiterate. All they know is point and click

3. Hacker's do NOT make virus's ... what a silly idea

The people who do make them, don't do so out of some NEED to do it either ... they do it cuz they can. Hell, I've made a couple of virus's myself (never released into the wild though), not out of NEED ... but, just cuz I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have to agree that Linux is less prone to attack than XP, but My home broadband connection has been up (uptime) for more than two years now. I'm behind a router with the ports closed, I have a firewall and a virus scanner that updates every 4 hours. I've never had a single virus or trojan get through (touch wood).

It's the idiots that sit, unprotected on the internet and the 'tech experts' that don't apply the patches in the microsoft bulletin every now and then that have systems which are open to attack.

$0.02

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First of all...I have XP Pro...it's pretty...and more user friendly...but...I rather go back to 98SE...but XP sets up my network automatically...and 98 doesn't...go figure. Mircosoft just announced a couple months ago they are putting out a whole new revamped code software...and get this...a custom designed computer to run it!! Now that's a monopoly...plus with XP they included spyware..so they could spy on you...simple as that. The codes today have been around for so long that anybody that knows the hexadecimal code and can utilize it well...Mircosoft users are the victims...and I for one...am tired of it. Car manufactures raise the prices of their cars which also lose quality and safety when the companies get sued for defects and deaths caused by them and so forth. The lawyers and law makers are making out like mad dogs over a dead cat...but Bill Gates could pay all of their salaries in one lump sum if he had to. But...since most software only runs with Micosoft's outdated...cool looking....user friendly O.S...then you have to buy it. We should all toss these boxes out the window...boycot Microsoft then...the consumers run this county too. I have some friends still running on Windows 95...and a hacker friend who has never wanted to hurt other computer users by viruses...trojans...and worms...OH MY!!...he just loves computers...period. If they ever catch the people who create the viruses...they should be treated as terrorists..but as they walk free....they probably walk right up to their rinky dinky cubicle in a Micosoft building and sulk that Billy has all the money...and they are still a nobody. Share the wealth Bill!! I dare you!!...and maybe your employees will stop bugging your software...and ex-employees too!! Anyhoo...my two pennies...and btw...I've seen hackers...script kiddies...and crackers go right through firewalls...but never to do any harm...just spy or screw around with the other person...kinda funny sometimes.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiSystem
...Besides this, I still believe Microsoft "creates" or/and uses threats like the current virus outbreak to strike fear into the masses and control them by presenting them with the solution. (...) I just see that this is a great way for Microsoft to get their users to download what ever they want them to download without raising any questions. ..

Btw - Next version of Windows (currently know as Longhorn) by default will automatically download and install updates without asking the user.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Btw - Next version of Windows (currently know as Longhorn) by default will automatically download and install updates without asking the user.

Yeah, I know. I think i mentioned a headline about that in there somewhere. I dont like the sound of it

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
windows is the worst by far and i hate bill gates but i dont like macs lol everthings the other way round on them and quicktime is annoying with all its codecs. basically the market is so huge for computers and theres only 3 operating systems windows linux and mac we need more! new windows "longhorn" sounds rubbish. i installed a security update on my xp and all its done is slow down my comp.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
arent by having a monopoly microsoft is offereing us a really good product? if they buy out other stuff and add it to their own dont we get all of the stuff? i hate people who say they hate microsoft and think they suck. whoever says that is a moron. first off you have no business skills and dont realize how awesome microsoft is business wise. microsoft is the best for people that arent computer experts. its so user friendly a moron like you people could set it up. just like anything new problems arise and they have to fix em thats why they patch the software. they could not patch it and leave you screwed. you want that? as for the virus's. shoudlnt you be mad at the people who make the viruss and not microsoft who try and stop them? they werent intending for some ass to start making virus's on their software.

also layne staley owns kurt cobain

[Edited on 9-14-2003 by hmmm]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a packet is a packet is a packet. doesnt matter what OS you're on...a tcp packet is a tcp packet. all anyone really needs to do is set up monitoring software at the ISP level.

I'm a Linux user but I wont bash MS because for most people it get's the job done, and I have to disagree somewhat with the thinking that the more people on the OS the more viruses. While Linux has a % of the market, the number of viruses for it are in the teens. When I look at my wife's Nortons anti virus definitions for her XP that number in the thousands. I cant help but wonder if it isnt just inherantly insecure. Same goes for MAC users...they have a good % of the market as well and they probably number in the teens for amount of viruses out there for it.

So, my problem isnt with MS or the Anti-Virus, my problem is with the writers of these virii/worms/etc. The laws that are in existence against these people are such that they dont fear the consequences. The cost to businesses from these virii per year is in the billions. It's like with thieves...a theif breaks into my house and steals something...is it my fault that I didnt have enough locks?? Why should I have to go out and buy more locks to protect myself when this prick is the one who's breaking into it? SO, in short, I'm absolutely with hmmm on this one.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
you know guys, if Microsoft's control over everything bothers you, you can always switch to something else. that's not sarcasm. when it was time for me to pick out my own computer to take for college, I chose a Mac. I was tired of feeding the monster and continually playing with .dll files and chasing viruses and all of the other sorts of upkeep Windows requires. it's really not a big deal, it's not like changing religions or anything. besides, you might find you like Mac OS or some form of Linux/Unix better.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I just find it odd that all these "security" patches came out right after Microsoft announced that they were technology partners for Homeland Security.... hmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join