It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel, Nevada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I read in the thread section of one of my pc gamer mags and it said if you type in 'Rachel, Nevada' you get a map of the entire area and the author of the thread said if you move north beyond the mountains you can see green craters, I can't remember the other directions to other stuff in the map but you're meant to be able to see 'area 51'

URL= maps.google.com...,+NV

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Remember that much of that area is a bombing test range...

dez

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Rachel, Nevada is a pseudo town which area-51 uses to receive its mail. You couldnt just write something to Bob at area-51, nevada (zipcode) you gotta send it to rachel. sneaky sneaky

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
from the fused sand... turned into glass from the heat of the fissionable explosion... it's like a giant retro 50's ashtray!... but it still makes your geiger go crazy!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
BTW

in the first post i had i meant to say u have to type it in 'google'.
But i cant see anything, i cant remember the directions.
If i can remember the issue i'll post it so everyone who has it can read it themselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I guess that it might be these:

maps.google.com...,+NV&ll=38.021455,-114.467068&spn=0.067190,0.145955&t=k&hl=en

These green circles are usually explained to be farms with a water sprinkler in the center, thus the circluar form, I usually agree with that explaination but these are just weird, they look to out of place to be a farm as they seem to be perfectly flat in the middle of a mountain range, looks more as a map cencorship to me...

[edit on 31-8-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I was going to post something similar on these green shapes appearing, but didn't know where to post (if it was something technical, sci-fi whatever). They appear in more areas than that if you use google earth and tool around. I live in Las Vegas and plotted a trip via google earth to Lake Tahoe to see what route it would give me. I then let it "drive" the route as it does and I saw areas with these green circles and rectangles appear on the map in various areas along the route. I, from being in a plane numerous times, thought these to be irrigated crops as mentioned above, but they DO look out of place and WAY too fluorescent green. I'm inclined to think maybe they are there to cover something, but what? Especially in such the random places I have found them. I have only seen them in the southern california/nevada areas, but that's only 'cause I was looking at those areas in detail due to the aforementioned trip planning. Would be great if someone knew what these were and the purpose behind them...

[edit on 31-8-2005 by w00tw00t]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here are some images of what I was able to find in less than 5 minutes using Google Earth:

Approximate coordinates of 37 deg LAT -118/-117 deg LON at the Nevada/California border:

external image
(link to full sized image) img29.imageshack.us...

Another, strangely enough at the Nevada/California border approximately 36 LAT/-116 LON

external image
(link to full sized image) img29.imageshack.us...

Thoughts, comments?

[edit on 31-8-2005 by w00tw00t]

(mod edit to resize large images)

[edit on 1-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Surprised no one has any comments after more pics

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
here it is
external image

(link to full sized image) img.photobucket.com...

thoughts comments?

(mod edit to resize large image)

[edit on 1-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
hmmm i dont know what to say.

I opened my google earth and sure enought those things are all over the western side of US. I can post another dozen of pictures but why waste space.

Can anyone explain what those are!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
``

In the old days, we would put a piece of clear acetate overlay
over the reconnaissance maps...then using a grease pencil
we would mark important sites or locations

this just might be the same sorta thing,
but they're using a progression of 30 yrs of in technology
to screen out the classified objects or landmarks using
that green-screen instead of the traditional 'censorship-Black'

just a wild guess...
which might not be that far off....
maybe one of you can connect the dots,
"Dazzle" camouflage was an early & primitive forerunner

today: "The Army had to settle for a version of the pixelated MARPAT scheme with the black removed"
this obscuring of a sensitive facility image might be an outgrowth from the
camouflage guidelines the Army uses in their mission..
adjusted & applied the digital realm...

still a wild guess

( i viewed-> www.designform.aiga.org/content.cfm?ContentAlias=_getfullarticle&aid=1119503)

[edit on 1-9-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Anyone's who has flown alot can say they are circular farm patches with sprinklers in the center. However, they look almost "stuck on" to the pics and crudely at that. It's well known that post 9/11, certain locations are intentionally altered in sat map images, so this could be part of that initiative..... They just don't look like they fit the geography at all.....

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Heres some close ups of them.

The above image is suppose to be of around the Groom Lake area. Its circle irrigation.

I do agree with Gazrok that the google Earth map images look stuck on to some degree.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

top topics

join