It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those righteous christians screaming for blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have noticed something the so called christians and all the religions that falls under that term are screaming for blood. You say how many Iraqi civilians (128,000) and our (over 1600) military who have died in Iraq and the first thing you hear is how that is a small number and how war is and was our only choice. Mention the abuse and torture and murder of the POW's at Guantanamo and Abu Gharib and they say how these are bad people and don't deserve any better. You tell them some of these people have been released due to their being totally innocent but after being tortured and they just don't care. I'm not trying to offend anyone but it sickens me to hear this and then watch these same people run off to church and pray and think they are so good and so right. I've always believed in the two sides theory, meaning if you believe something is ok for one side then the same must apply for the other even if you don't like it or want it too. You can't stand up and say something is wrong for one side to do and then say its ok for you to do it. America has always said that torturing POW's is wrong but now we......... approve of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I wonder if you could supply quotes for those christians who say those things.

I havnt heard my pastor say it.
Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't mean every christian but plenty of them are screaming for blood. Several fo the oens i have spoken to don't understand at all why i am upset by the treatment the POW's are receiving.
Look how many voted for Bush and back this war totally. Look how many think its ok to mistreat POW's not to mention that our current administration led by a so called born again christian is
www.democracynow.org.../07/25/1339257

White House Lobbies GOP Senators Not to Pass Anti-Torture Bill
Meanwhile the Washington Post reports the Bush administration is lobbying to block legislation supported by Republican senators to regulate the treatment of detainees held overseas. The bill would bar the U.S. military from engaging in "cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment" of detainees, from hiding prisoners from the Red Cross, and from using interrogation methods not authorized by a new Army field manual. According to the paper, Vice President Dick Cheney met last week with three senior Republican members of the Senate Armed Services Committee to press the administration's case that legislation on these matters would usurp the president's authority. One White House official said the bill would interfere with the president's ability to " protect Americans effectively from terrorist attack."

worldnetdaily.com...
www.truthorfiction.com...
www.baptiststandard.com... a televised debate on CNN, Falwell said President Bush should "blow them (the terrorists) all away in the name of the Lord."

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What no one wants to comment on our #1 christian lobbying for torture and then talking about God in every other breath in his speeches? C'mon now you guys have got to know that is unchristian like behavior.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Problem is that said #1 christian also doesn't listen to anyone when they point out how inappropriate he is acting for a christian.

Too often people of religious faith think they are somehow superior to others, thus creating the most horrible act any human can do, and that is dehumanizing a group thus freeing them from any moral or ethical delemma

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Problem is that said #1 christian also doesn't listen to anyone when they point out how inappropriate he is acting for a christian.

Sorry to be off topic for a question. But I assume you mean Pres. Bush. The other night a clip of Pres. Bush was shown on The Tonight Show. Jay Leno said his show didn't doctor the film, anyway. Pres. Bush was walking by reporters and cameramen. He then turned to enter another room and go with whoever He was with. So his back was to the cameras, he then raised his right arm and it appeared he gave the finger to those behind him.

My question is did that really happen and did he really do that? or was it a doctored clip that the show did. Leno went out of his way to say they didn't do anything to the film, so I'm confused and haven't seen the news lately. If anyone can answer this it would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
if you think we are righteous, you must be not right in the head :-p
nobody is righteous lol
and when have you seen us screaming for blood? do you know who we are praying for? we arent just prayin for our troops, were praying for the iraqis and terrorists, that they might come to God too. Do you think we wish that anyone should suffer hate and torture or even hell? You have to be kidding me. Only love can turn an enemy into a friend.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted DanD9

Do you think we wish that anyone should suffer hate and torture or even hell?

You must not get around much. Sadly, there ARE far too many Christians that do just these things. I'm not talking about those that are Christian by act of their heratige/lineage/whateverage, but Christians that carry a Bible wherever they go, profess God & Jesus wherever they go, work in the ministry, go witnessing door to door, plus tell ME that I am going to hell ....... then profess their gortesque world ideology of "kill 'em all, let God sort them out". I have read their writings, heard them speak, and known more of them personally than most can count to. They are real, they preach your God - and they want everyone BUT Christians dead. Think you need to get out more?

On the contrast, there are - albeit too few - Christians that are [as I commended a new acquantance earlier] well deserving to wear one of those WWJD arm bands. Because they walk just as they preach, and preach more by example than any other thing. People not only like, but happily converse that type of Christian.

Brite Blessings,

Misfit

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
All you need to do is read the first few paragraphs of Matthew CHapter 6 and see tha God Rewards thsoe that pray in private, and give in private get rewarded. Not those that seem to need to wear thier faith as a badge for everyone to see and praise them

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To be honest I think It is wrong to be in Iranq. God said thuo salt not kill. So because 9-11 happen it is ok to kill?????? No its not. I believe america is the great babylon that will be detroyed for her sins.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The other night a clip of Pres. Bush was shown on The Tonight Show.

My question is did that really happen and did he really do that?

I am NOT a Bush supporter. I watched that clip many times and in hi-res slow-motion, forward and backward and believe it ot not, he was giving the 'thumbs up'. His hand was just turned in such a way it appeared as though he was flipping off the press:
Photo confirmation

I have seen 1 other sources where he actually did give the finger, though. Don't look if you'll be offended.
One-Finger Victory Salute

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
BH where did the footage of Bush flipping the camera off come from originally and has there been any confirmations of how real it is? Has the smoking gun folks looked at it? I tried to find it on their website and could not find it. Anyway the reason I am asking is that I want to share this with some bigtime George the Christian supporters, after all everyone deserves to have their minds blown every once in a while and these folks are long overdue. LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
BH where did the footage of Bush flipping the camera off come from

I sent you a U2U. It's real. But this isn't really the place to discuss this, I just wanted to answer the question of the previous poster.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thanks BH for the info.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ok I saw the clip, my question why does it matter that be gave his thumb up to the reporters. Some how I think I mist the point.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
ok I saw the clip, my question why does it matter that be gave his thumb up to the reporters. Some how I think I mist the point.

There is one Bush giving the thumbs up but from the angle it looks like he us flipping the bird; then the second link is to actual video of Bush flipping the bird, he did this when he was governor.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well of course then it would be bad if Bush said you to the people, and some recorded it.

*dont try to get around the censors*

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by dbrandt
The other night a clip of Pres. Bush was shown on The Tonight Show.

My question is did that really happen and did he really do that?

I am NOT a Bush supporter. I watched that clip many times and in hi-res slow-motion, forward and backward and believe it ot not, he was giving the 'thumbs up'. His hand was just turned in such a way it appeared as though he was flipping off the press:
Photo confirmation

I have seen 1 other sources where he actually did give the finger, though. Don't look if you'll be offended.
One-Finger Victory Salute

BH was nice enough to share this. Look at the second one, its the one that is the real deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thats just sadding, thats a bad pres

new topics

top topics

join