It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARTH AND UNIVERSE

page: 1

join
share:
bdi

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's very interesting that people are trying to understand space but thay didn't understand the Earth.
On Earth are many not explored places,but maybe that's good because when people find some place that is not poluted thay start poluting it and destroying it.Hopefuly UNIVERSE can't be destroyed by people or can it be???

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The earth is a complex thing and you was spot on when you said they were places on earth which are unexplored. There places which are unexplored by humans are dangerous environments like the bottom of the oceanes.

The universe is very complex thing and humans can't destroy it, only make a mess of things. These things are most likely to be space junk or even wars. The universe can destroy its self and one day in billions of years to come, the universe is meant to end.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The reason people are more intered in exploring space than the earth, especially the oceans, is because it's actually a lot easier to get there. Like they said in 'The Core" (I've said it once, I'll say it again, it's a horrible movie, but it had some good lines).

(don't remember the exact words)
"That's because space is easy, IT'S EMPTY" Underwater you're dealing with thousands of pounds, of pressure... it's a horrible deadly place if you don't have the tech to go there. Only one submarine has been to the bottom of the Challenger Deep (deepest known part of the ocean). The Trieste, a U.S. Navy submersible, reached the bottom of the Challenger Deep in the Marianes Trench on Jan 23, 1960. They touched the bottom at a depth of 37,000 feet (that's seven miles down). The hydrostatic pressure at that depth is 16,000 PSI (EIGHT TONS OF PRESSURE PER SQUARE INCH). If the sub had cracked, it'd have imploded instantly and killed everyone on it.

As for why we don't explore the surface of the earth, I can not say. A lot of the unexplored regions have good reasons for being that way.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it is very true that the earth is a much harder place to explore than space. even with exploring space, the hardest part of it comes from th earth. we work the most to brek the earths atmosphere and getinto space. once we get there its smooth sailing(most of the time). im sure the government has plenty of vehicles that can operate in space indefinetly on low amounts of power, but im not quite sure they have creations that can reach the bottom of the ocean. its just too much pressure down there.
if you are really interested in the deep ocean i suggest you watch a discovery channel doc. entitled "The Blue Planet". you can buy it most places and it is 8 episodes, 1 hour each. one of the episodes is entitled "The Deep" and shows animals i thought didnt exist. fish that have become totally transparent and jellyfish 60 feet long and bioluminescent fish. its crazy. or maybe i was just that stoned.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItchyPikachu:
but im not quite sure they have creations that can reach the bottom of the ocean. its just too much pressure down there.

Itchy... read what I just wrote above... they got to the bottom of the ocean in 1960... but only once. And it was in a manned craft too. (impressive).
www.extremescience.com...

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I heard that there was an invention in the works, an aqualung, of sorts. The same idea as in the Abyss, and i think that that's the key to deep sea exploration. It works like some sort of ultra high-oxygen content water in a suit made of ceramics...or something like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the key thing being only once....its too dangerous and there is no way people could live down there. i find it fascinating. thnx for the link !

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe the greatest way to stay hidden is to convince people that it is impossible to find you.

top topics

join