It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do certian religions/philsophies die out and others propser for long periods of time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity i was wondering what everyones opinon is on the following:

Why do certian religions/philosophies die out and others prosper for long periods of time?

Later,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I guess it just depends on how believable and convincing the the person or group is who is sharing their beliefs. That is a really good question though and I'll be sure to post if I come up with anything better than what

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
maybe there are multiple reasons that they die out.
lots get taken up in invasions and such(mayan,druid)..loads are killed of by opposing religons that disagree with there ethics etc..lots are forced to go underground because of persecution(wiccan etc),
many teach a teaching that is good and the good people will follow these(buhddism,hindu,christianity)and many are brainwashed into believing new religons(raelians(spelling?)scientology)
i think that the religions that teach forgiveness mainly prosper because of there leaning towards looking after those that sometimes cant look after themselves,treating others as you wish to be treated and generally being a good all round person..because everybody knows that sometimes you wont get through this journey we all call life without the help of some one else..and without you helping some some one else and feeling your karma/chi/moral feel better for it..IMO..good post DG

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Money and greed change things.

Except for the Australian Aboriginals living in dreamtime, 40,000 years strong.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Because Christians kill them?

Because some are conducive to change. If you can't resist change, then you've either gotta do something about it, or die. Or, as the jews did in Rome, be small enough and nice enough that no one cares.

Politics as well. Native Americans had it good until we gave 'em diseases. Sometimes, things just happen, and it sucks if you're on the wrong end of it.

top topics

join