It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men with rocket launchers outside Tinker AFB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
"On 14 Jul 05, three individuals were observed outside of the perimeter of Tinker AFB, OK. They were looking through binoculars, taking pictures and one appeared to be holding a large weapon at chest level. The weapon appeared to be aimed towards a low flying aircraft. The three individuals were described as being of Middle Eastern decent and left the area when approached. The weapon was later identified as a rocket launcher (MANPAD) and the low flying aircraft to be a B-1 Bomber. FBI in Oklahoma City and AFOSI determined the threat to be credible. Due to this and other recent incidents and security concerns surrounding Tinker AFB, OK, the potential for suspicious activity in the Tinker AFB (TAFB) Area of Responsibility (AOR) has increased. While there is no specific threat information directed towards the TAFB AOR, it is imperative that all personnel remember their responsibilities to report any and all suspicious activity they observe."

www.sftt.us...

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

Gee, I sure am glad that the FAA is frisking all those little old grannies with knitting needles at the airline terminals! Oh, and thanks, Shrub, for leaving the borders open for job-seekers! I'll remember how nice it was to do that when weapons and enemy combatants blow something up and kill on our soil again!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here is another editorial about the incident:

This week, New Jersey Transit officials joined the New York Police Department in performing hapless random searches of Granny's knitting bag and Junior's Thomas the Tank backpack to prevent the next al-Qaida attack.

But not everyone is fighting the War on Terror blind. Some U.S. military personnel have been given a very clear and un-politically correct mission:

Be on the lookout for Middle Easterners carrying rocket launchers.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Christ, yah we got the knitting needles and lighters, but the guy with the MANPADS *shrug*

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Highly unlikely. Information of that nature will elevate security levels at all US bases worldwide.....it hasn't happened.

Where I work, we receive immediate dispersion twix's for security protocols. We have not received one that concerns this.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I haven't seen this in the Daily Oklahoman or heard it on ONN. I'm sure it would be big news.

Roper

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The fact that they LET them get away makes it seem fake.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It definately didnt happen, they woukld have gunned them down without batting an eyelid, I kow I would have. Anyone even joking about having a weapon capable of taking out an aircraft, or anything for that matter deserves a 5.56mm between the eyes/ in the crotch.

edit- I hope no-one (except muzzleflash) saw what I wrote, if you blab ill tell your mummy flash!!

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
By B-1 I presume you mean F-117, I am only asking because folks around here can get confusing at times, throwing their 1`s here and their b`s there.

What??
Ummm?
What??

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
-gulps- this better be bogus...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There is no way that is true. Tinker AFB is home to the 552d Air Combat Wing, aka AWACS. Security around those things is tight. Also, Tinker is where they refurbish the KC-10 Tanker as well as the home for B-1 software. There is also a Naval Detachment out there, with a mission similar to that of the AWACS.

This makes no sense as there is really nowhere out there that you can just stand with a Rocket Launcher aimed at the runway. To the west is a very heavily traveled main highway that runs north to south along the perimeter of the fence. To the west of the highway is a fairly large neighborhood, and to the east just on the other side of the fence are the dormitories for the bases’ airmen. To the north is an interstate that runs east to west along the perimeter of the fence, no where to stop and not be noticed there either. To the East and south of the base are GM automotive factories.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yep. Story is an obvious hoax. Was suspicious, but the memo itself is a dead giveaway.

BTW, there's a thread already about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Statement from the FBI on this:

www.channeloklahoma.com...

I didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Further information. There was, indeed, a report made:

www.ktok.com.../local.html&instance=1&article_id=26685

Three points of interest for me on this:

1. Apparently this report somehow triggered an alert at a Utah air force base.

Still, the story continues to have life on the Internet.

3. How well do you think it's going to thwart citizens reporting suspicious activity when they see in this example that it will end up with their full name and ADDRESS being published in a news article???

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Well, apparently this report also triggered an alert at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia.

www.robins.af.mil...

I guess if a citizen's report is going to be quickly dismissed as nothing (as the FBI has stated in this incident), then they need to get with the military and tell them to not use the internet as their means of finding out whether there's a threat or not. (Yes, I'm being facetious. No, I don't believe they did.)

new topics

top topics

join