It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abovetopsecret.com@ wiki

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think it was fine until this thread got started, I mistakenly thought it had been edit back already myself, but then someone did come back in and put that stuff back...you can see the whole history here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Can a mod see who owns the IP below?

That's who made the Nazi post today.

The first Nazi post was made by IP

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why not just scrap or request that abovetopsecret.com@ wiki be removed?

seekerof

Would that support the ATS mission?

More likely some dialogue with the official editorial team of wikipedia when the entry creates enough interest, will provide a satisfactory solution.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Can a mod see who owns the IP below?

That's who made the Nazi post today.

The first Nazi post was made by IP

Well, they can see if any users match with that IP. The location of the first IP is based in New Mexico, around Carlsbad. The second is based in England, around Luton.

www.geobytes.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The concerns represented in that initial entry certainly can be valid.

Although, they are just that, concerns, and the confidence introduced by the author of that entry is certainly not called for, and is intended as nothing but a hostile posting, not as something truthful.

link   

It's being updated even as were talking about it.
The person who's doing this is editing stuff at the same time you are.

en.wikipedia.org...

Revision as of 04:25, 28 July 2005; view current revision
←Older revision | Newer revision→

Abovetopsecret.com (ATS) promotes itself as "the Internet's most popular conspiracy discussion forum".

Abovetopsecret.com consists of a static database of articles relating to conspiracies and has a popular forum with an online community of tens of thousands of registered users.

There are also various spin-off forums such as Belowtopsecret.com and [email protected]
This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

That's a fair revision in my view (as it's mine, I think, LOL).

You should not assume "the person" is making revisions as if there is one person making revisions. I did not write or reinstate "the nasties".

Hey, checking back every week or so to remind yourself what ATS "is" could be an entertaining application of a couple of minutes.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

link   
Too many subjective words for it too be a relevant pedia entry......subjective doesn't necassarily equal fact. Unfortunately, there are many people who are hard pressed to understand the difference......

...as a new member, however, I fear I do not have the culture to understand and differentiate truth from fiction and as a result, my contributions to this site have not been in the original idea for this forum......makes me want to cry and never post again.....

Except that I would understand the best way to solve a conflict is to not emphasize the other person's problems, rather, to strengthen your own. A concept the author of the wiki article does not appear to comprehend......I feel better now and shall continue visiting and posting.....much to the chagrin of the old-schoolers!!!!!

BTW.....

From the wiki article
The level of infiltration is such that the very staff of ATS now push their own political or militant agendas, abusing their powers to punish those that disagree with them.

I have been rewarded for the expression of my disagreement with an opinion of the staff (to remain nameless). I still have the u2u to prove it....

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ok, this person below appears to be from Lubbock Texas
samspade.org...

The other person posted from Amsterdam and appears to be Japanese or has a strong interest in Japanese culture, judging by their Wiki edit history.

IP whois

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

[edit on 27-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
tracing hosts isn't as accurate as you like. My host doens't exist in the town where I live.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That's a fair revision in my view (as it's mine, I think, LOL).

You should not assume "the person" is making revisions as if there is one person making revisions. I did not write or reinstate "the nasties".

I was showing that at the same time you and Val were erasing the bad stuff, someone was putting it right back.

I was merely using your posts as part of the timeline.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yea, that first IP has two addresses, one in TX and one in NM. And that second one...usually its accurate up to the country, but not in this case.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Would that support the ATS mission?

I can see what your getting at, but if I am not mistaken, and the wiki history can verify this, the abovetopsecret.com@ wiki was not created or sanctioned by staff. The intiative was taken by a member of ATS.

I only mentioned what I did because it would prevent someone having to visit the abovetopsecret.com@ wiki daily to make sure that there were no further nasty incursions placed. Was simply a passing thought aimed at saving time and hassle.

seekerof

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I was showing that at the same time you and Val were erasing the bad stuff, someone was putting it right back.

I was merely using your posts as part of the timeline.

Gotcha, thanks.

I doubt "the person" will persist in his or her level of defamation now that they are more aware of the attention of well-meaning ATS netizens.

But then, there are some who will surf merrily by proxy, and feel at times their anonymity is like a shield of steel.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the wiki policy is, but they certainly have a right to publish a journalistic article about abovetopsecret.com without the site's permission...so I'm not sure they'd delete even if asked.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I can see what your getting at, but if I am not mistaken, and the wiki history can verify this, the abovetopsecret.com@ wiki was not created or sanctioned by staff.

I wonder if wikipedia entries on Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln (ATS Greatest American Of All Time) or Andre The Giant were sanctioned by them or representatives of their estates? J/K, to a point.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Point taken.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

For the love of all that is good and Holy, Lysergic, will you please save some ATS points for voluntary taxation.

I spent them all on the point system :p

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join