It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television, the NWO's best tool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How many of you view TV on a daily basis? I bet not as many people that post on ATS view television as do the masses. Maybe this is why so many here are not as effected by the herding/brainwashing technics of the NWO. I only view TV when I want to share some time with my wife ( she loves TV).

I notice that the farther you go back in generations, the farther you go back the less exposer to the idiot box, there seems to be less mind control. It seems those same people though that have a lot of exposer to TV seem very narrow minded. Kids now are like little consumer soldiers all wearing basicly the same uniform that the boob tube tells them they should wear.

These same kids are also becoming lying, coniving cheats. They seem stuck more on themselves than any other generation. They learn to lie from our leaders and corporations and find that it seems to be to there advantage to lie.

Welcome to the monkey house. The brainwashing will only get worst and the future generations will learn through games and TV that killing means power and will relish any reason to go to war.

Scary stuff...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Our family have avoided TV for 16 years.

The only good TV is a dead one.

Don't sell your Tv, smash it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I find TV and now even the internet annoying. Think how much we could get done in life without it. People miss out on being healthy being interlectual as TV or computer games just stimulates the senses rather than get you to read the process of learning.
It can help in areas but at the same time its scary that everyone can be informed around the world at the same time and a lie is really a big lie on TV and can effect the world more than what a single president can do in his own country. Propagander wars that is what TV is tooled up to be.

It makes sense now that in Revelations the beast will be witnessed by many nations and tribes and all the inhabitants of the world will see the Beast being killed, like Kennedy type assination. So you can see that TV can effect the whole world and has Biblical significance as a use for global information.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think television is terrible because it takes away a person's ability to imagine things. I am a psionic and watching tv inhibits the ability to use psychics abilities.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by zippo]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I absolutly can not stand to watch TV. It is a Brainwashing Box. Trend setting everything to what is in and what is not. Absolutely pushing everything on people to consume and follow suit to the most modern trends. Creating nothing else but SHEEP.
I rather be out involved in my community dealing with real people and involved in real lives rather than the lives of fictitious people on TV. Most people care more about a fictitious character on a TV show then what is going on with thier very own neighbor. Its sooo sickening.
Hollywood itself is one big joke. TV, Fake people, False lives, lies created in which people believe. Teaching us in society what is acceptable and what is not.
I dont even care to watch the news at this point. Thats a whole other issue initself. We only get one side of the news if you catch my drift. We only hear and see the part that they only want us to know and believe.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree with a lot that has been said in this thread. I have drastically cut the amount of time i used to spend watching television, not only can it brainwash you, but its not a very uplifting experience, and how people can sit for hours on end watching a television, feeling miserable, just baffles me.
I do still watch certain things on TV, but its a bit of a balancing act, making sure you watch things that will benifit you, and to stay away from things that will not.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Watching the news lately brings the war home. People across Europe especially around London are fearing to go out. Its like we are reliving WW2 like the blitz, ''Close the lights incase the enemy planes drops a bomb.'' Or will my plane have a bomb when going on holiday?

It can control your life and sometimes fictional characters in soaps can get more emotional attention an average person would give their mother including in sports event. These people are not going to make you ritch its all false happiness and skin deep and fules pride and hate. Maybe that's why football matches produce hooligans. Or people can get upset if they wear a T-shirt of a team that beat yours in the Cup or something silly. Anything is good fun if controlled its how far you take it and let it run your life.

TV is the what the Romans did for Gladiators to stop the public thinking about the real world.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I never watch TV! the gamma radiation from the tv can fry your brain!

I am not sure about the gamma rays, but i don't watch TV!

i read books and papers and use the internet as a way to communicate!

(i also sleep with my 30 shot 5,56 mm fully automatic rifle with a 40mm grenade launcher (loaded) but hey thats just me!)

no pun or spoof intended, not one lie has been told in above statement 8)

have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Not all TV is bad, don't be so closed minded.

HBO has some great prorgramming, shows include entourage, ali g show, def poetry jam, deadwood, list goes on and on.

The chappelle show is also great.

Network tv sucks, network news sucks. I don't watch tv to know the news, I mainly use the newspaper and the internet.

I read books too, and starting read more each day.

But yeah, tv is good entertainment and sometimes educational.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Th educational portion is good if you use it for this purpose. Entertainment? There are a LOT better and healthier ways to get entertainment. Try living life and not being a spectator. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Th educational portion is good if you use it for this purpose. Entertainment? There are a LOT better and healthier ways to get entertainment. Try living life and not being a spectator. Just my opinion.

good point. I haven't lived life yet. I will soon.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by YoungN]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart
The only good TV is a dead one.

Don't sell your Tv, smash it.

So I guess you wouldn't like the fact that I have a 52 inch tv?

The tv is a brainwashing machine...it tells you what to watch, when to watch, and what you like. It could easily serve brainwashing purposes because so many people pay attention to it. Spend as much time away from it and increase your IQ.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I only watch TV at work. We don't have any cable at home, something I'd say its pretty healthy . Mentally and phisically. TV as a source of entertaiment? Definitely not. Educational ? Sometimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I only watch certain things on TV, well i only watch documentries to be honest and thats it. I'll watch the news to grab the headlines, but thats it.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm 16 years old now..and have not watched TV in about 3 months. It just does not interest me anymore.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Makaveli777back]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think when you are 16 you leave behind all the years of children's TV and when you reach around 24 you start to want to catch up with things and see them for what they are. Yes being 16 does not mean you have not seen and 18 C movie (UK guidelines) movie but during a certain age you will think more about your future like education, work and career paths which is more important than TV at that age unless you decide to work for TV. Sometimes it can hinder people and slow them down when they should be thinking about their future.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I only watch internet tv, does that mean I am getting screwed by the nwo and the beast at the same time? Gotta have my southpark.

sincerely,

Lysergic

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Adolph Hitlers misnister of propoganda Joseph Goebbels, stated it all to clearly in an adress to the nazi party..... stating "Good government and good propoganda go hand in hand, It is impossible to have one without the other".

Make no doubt the TV is our propoganda box.....making us believe we can pet the cactus and it will return our affections with blood.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I only watch internet tv, does that mean I am getting screwed by the nwo and the beast at the same time? Gotta have my southpark.

I am pretty much in the same boat! If i am going to be watching anything, it is likely to be with the computer. And i need to watch South Park too, not only is it hella cool, but its an addiction for me... a real addiction!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I do not blame people who find TV useful I mean people who work all day need something to rest and relax the mind with. It kind of takes the stress of the day out rather than thinking how many plates you have to wash the next day. It can be quite hypnotic if you are tired and let the information in. But then again if you are tired its more likely you will not pay that much attention and it will send you to sleep. For some its also the case it keeps them awake at night.

Will TV become evil with hidden encoded messages? Maybe its starting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join