It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two New Cases of Mad Cow Found - One in US - One in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They USDA, says it's investigating another possible case of mad cow. It was not stated where the animal was from, however the USDA did say the sample had been taken by a
private veterinarian in April from a cow that had experienced trouble giving birth. The sample was not forwarded to the USDA for testing until July 19, apparently the vet just forgot according to a USDA Official. Ironically while researching this story I found a related article where it says France had also reported a case of Mad Cow just last week.

www.cbc.ca
There's another possible mad cow case in the United States in what is likely a home-grown animal, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

Samples from the cow, which was at least 12 years old, were actually taken in April on a remote farm but a private veterinarian forgot to send them to the U.S. Department of Agriculture until last week. "While the time lag is not optimal, it has no implications in terms of the risk to human health," said John Clifford, the department's chief vet.
Results of further tests, expected next week, will reveal for certain whether the animal had the disease. A positive result would bring the number of confirmed U.S. mad cow cases to three, one in a Canadian-born cow.

"All indications we have suggest this is a domestic animal," said Clifford, who noted the cow died during calving and did not enter the human food chain or animal feed supply.

People's Daily Online
One new case of mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy(BSE), was announced Friday in central France.

The infected cow is a Charolais, born in 1995 in a herd of the French Vienne department. It is the eighth BSE cases detected in the department since 2001, said a statement released by the Vienne prefecture.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I find it disturbing that the private vet in the US failed to report this new suspected case in a timely manner; I also find it very strange that none of the main stream media even covered the story about the case in France. Only one source is reporting that story and that is the People’s Daily Online from China. Could this perhaps be a result of a cover up on the part of France?

I mean after all France would not want to ruin their image given the recent fiasco where the President of France got mud all over his face when he slammed England’s food and BSE would they?

On a serious note though; these two new cases are very disturbing to read about and something has to be done to prevent this horrid disease from getting worse.

Further more, since it is believed this latest case may be home grown, it could devastate our cattle industry even more then it already has, which is also not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My son was listening to the radio in Arkansas, and he said they made mention that the cow was either from Mississippi or Tennesse. Most cows from around there are "homegrown" and usually bought in local auctions and usually don't include any Canadian cattle (too far the ship) as they would get shipping fever. I agree where this does not bode well at all for the cattle future.

My son is worried about his herd, as small as it is, he started with one bull and 10 heifers and his herd has over doubled in 2 years. He thinks the value may drop by half if all this is proven. The hardest hit will be the smaller ranchers and then move on to the feed lots.
We better get a handle on this quick, or we will end up in big trouble. Also heard a link between MCD and Alzheimers. That could explain quite alot about what is going on in the older community.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I did a little research and there is very little to confirm the two are truely linked although I tend too agree there always is the possibility.

One is an OP Ed

www.heraldtribune.com.../20050722/OPINION/507220496/1029

The other is a very old study done in China.

Proteins linked with Alzheimer's and the human version of mad cow disease have some striking similarities -- and thus might be susceptible to similar treatments, a researcher said.

Both diseases are marked by a gradual deterioration of the brain and both are associated with rogue proteins. Both are always fatal

CNN Health

I could find tons of vegan sites that mentioned the two, but most were trumped up lies, or that is the way I took them, since there was nothing scientific mentioned to back up their claims.

I am also surprised there have been no replies about what I perceive to be a French cover up. I had thought for sure that alone would have generated some additional comments given that the French president made such a fool of himself recently stating the only thing England is known for is BSE. That alone could be a very good reason to cover up the fact that England is not alone so the Franch should really not talk.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by shots]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ooh, how many million cattle, and one unconfirmed "possible" case...and it's all over the Media.

Gotta keep the people scared about the mysterious plague, push that anti-meat agenda. Only the WHO, UN and/or NWO can save you!

Call now for your Mad Cow Disease innoculation shot! Only produced under environmrntally friendly conditions by unpaid , voluntary displaced citizens from "western oppressed" nations!We'll even add a UN approved RFID chip to track you...err, protect you from kidnappers!

Only $250,000 US per dose, but no out of pocket expense because socialized medicine taxation will cover it for you! Nevermind it costs $3.00 per dose to make, we're not profiting from a scare, we're promoting world peace!

I guess with worldwide AIDS complacency, and the majority of the world understanding that cultural and lifestyle conditions cannot be "educated" or "cured" away, a new disease is needed by the one world propagandists to push through massive media coverage to instill more fear.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
sorry to sound dumb but what exactly does mad cow disease
do.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archmagus12
sorry to sound dumb but what exactly does mad cow disease
do.

Mad cow disease
Common name for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), a cattle disease that causes the brain to waste away. It takes about 4-7 years for cattle to show symptoms of the disease after being exposed to it, but once symptoms become visible the cattle die within weeks. One way this disease is spread is by feeding the meat from infected cattle to other cattle (meat from infected sheep may also cause the disease). This was a common practice on factory farms until the 1980s and 1990s when it was outlawed in most countries because it was found to cause BSE. At that time, thousands of cattle believed to have been exposed to BSE were killed to prevent further spread of the disease. Consuming beef from infected cattle causes a brain-wasting disease called new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) in humans.
At
www.sustainabletable.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
ooh, how many million cattle, and one unconfirmed "possible" case...and it's all over the Media.

That is not the point. Yes this is just two cases however when first discovered in England they had to destroy millions of cows and no one wants the same to happen in America or Canda.

After mad cow disease (BSE) was recognized, millions of cattle were killed and disposed of. The feeding of animal source protein back to cattle was banned. Because of these changes, the number of BSE cases in cattle each year in the UK has been decreasing since 1992. The number of vCJD cases in humans each year in the UK has been decreasing since 2000.

www.mass.gov...

Now as you can see in England it is on the decline while it appears to be on the rise in the US. That is the key point here.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This was a cow that had died back in April with complications from calving. 419,000 animals have been tested so far. They need to be testing millions of cows. If this disease gets into humans which I believe it is in the US, millions will die. The talk about alzheimer's being mad cow makes me real nervous.

quote: More than 176 000 tests out of a total cattle population of almost 95 million have been carried out in the USA and more than 21 000 out of 14.5 million cattle in Canada during 2004.

Thats less then a quarter million tests for 95 million cows. It's just not enough!

Here are some more links about madcow

www.sourcewatch.org.../How_now_mad_cow%3F

www.organicconsumers.org...'tlook.cfm

www.orwelltoday.com...

and these are ATS madcow links

www.abovetopsecret.com...

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join