It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Intro, hello ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I’m going to keep this very brief since I’m more concerned about learning from you and sharing information than to tell you about me. I am interested in discussing the current war on terrorism, Jihad, and organizations like CAIR.

I would like to know how much censorship is being applied. Are there certain topics that people here are afraid to touch? I truly believe that in times like these, we must have the courage to face issues even if we’re afraid to. Currently, there is only one medium left, which allows the complete sharing of ideas and opinions without being reprimanded for speaking out from our hearts. It is the Internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Welcome NI!

Darn funny name might I add.

First and formost, to find your way around this HUGE place sometimes is daunting in itself. For that reason I created a helpful guide if you will to find important things and basically help new members learn the ropes.

It can be found right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, as for the censor issue. Really we want to be as open as possible, but there are some areas that just don't work. Profanity is one that we try to avoid. Personal attacks are another. To say Bush is and idiot is fine but *insert member name* is an idiot is not.

Finally we try and avoid things designed to stir up problems. "Tan people are all killers" would be such a thread. Some might believe in racist crap like that, but we don't want it here.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey there narcissus ignoramus!

Welcome to ATS. Here's a thread you can check out regarding Freedom of Speech. Hopefully that will answer some of your questions regarding censorship and freedom of speech.

Enjoy the site!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hello ZZ,

Thanks for your welcome and the link you gave. I am not very fond of ad hominem and other logical fallacies. However, I do consider that we are living in times where beliefs become more sacred than people. This is why people become expendable while the belief systems goes unchallenged.

“All tan people are killers” is indeed a racist statement. But, I have a mantra that is based on the putative knowledge of our current situation, “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.”

If you think this type of observation is acceptable here, I believe I’m in the right place.

Regards,

[edit on 28-7-2005 by narcissus ignoramus]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Dear Parrhesia,

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi narcissus ignoramus,

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS and Ignorance Denied. Enjoy

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
well hello there Ignoramus ....
Cant stop laughing ... your name is the funniest ever...
If your posts are as funny as your name i think i'll be laughing for a while ...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by narcissus ignoramus
If you think this type of observation is acceptable here, I believe I’m in the right place.

I do indeed think you're in the right place.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank you all,

Here's my first post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join