It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

46 dead in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... DELHI, India (CNN) -- At least 46 people have been killed and more than 100 injured in a pair of explosions that shook India's financial capital Mumbai, according to hospital officials.

One of the blasts occurred near the colonial-era Gateway to India monument -- a famous landmark and popular tourist attraction -- during lunch-hour.

Another blast struck in or close to one of the city's main Hindu temples.

The explosive devices were inside the trunks of two taxis, police said.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the blasts, which occurred during the busy lunch time period, but police say they suspect militant Islamic groups who have been blamed in the past for several bomb attacks in Mumbai.

Three words ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, how many more have to lose thier lives before the world comes together and stops the petty infighting and wipes these rogue leaders off the map? This is getting out of hand, we must come together and make the Arab world kick these people out, they have been thorns in the side of humanity for over 2000 years.

ARGGHHHHH

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
yeah i just saw it on sky news. who do you think is to blame for this?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Not good...just been watching it on skynews as well!

heard its a tourist area!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Mumbai is the financial epicenter of Indian, these terrorist's had a plan, disrupt economy.

Looks like Osama's work to me.

Why?

2 things

1)The Paki's and Indians get along about as well as your father and his mother in law.

2) Osama is being hid in Pakistan, probably planned it as a favor to those keeping him "safe"

Die Osama, die

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ummm sounds like a good theory to me!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
Mumbai is the financial epicenter of Indian, these terrorist's had a plan, disrupt economy.

Looks like Osama's work to me.

Why?

2 things

1)The Paki's and Indians get along about as well as your father and his mother in law.

2) Osama is being hid in Pakistan, probably planned it as a favor to those keeping him "safe"

Die Osama, die

Dude are u talking serious?
I just can�t believe what you just said...
Anyway there in India there has been troubles from LONG time ago already, with religions, as always...
There has been slayers from centuries ago there, this is just more spark to light up a religious bomb...

Osama is a media Joke dude...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just think that actually Osama is dead.. has been for long time. Maybe.. And bombs and fire fights are every day thing in India, they just dont usually show these things for you in CNN..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My best friend is from India, I have been to India have you? The Paki's and India have been to the brink of war many, many times. At least the Indians aren't cowards who car bomb innocents, but go ahead and back the assholes Fulcrum, that's right up you ally.

Also common

Kidnappings of Indian children
Slayings of Indian WOMEN< that's sick
Missile attacks (opps claim the Paki's, someone stole our launchers again, now how did that happen)
Bombing of schools and religious centers (that's real nice, kill the good ones)
False imprisonment in Pakistan for Indian solders

Al Cowardsa have been active in India for over 10 years, out of work terrorists are the most dangerous.

Fulcrum, go away

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Shining Wizard,

Just for your information, in Britain, calling them "pakis" is the us equivilant of calling them "sand 'n-word's" or "ragheads". Just thought Id let you know, dude. We do have British posters that might take this the worng way.

Anyway, its anyones guess on this. While Muslims could have done it, India has all sorts of little factions here and there running amok too, could be anyones call on this. Could be Muslims. Interestingly enough, they basically are the same people though, Pakistan artifically created by the British to seperate the Hindus and Muslims.

But yeah, The Muslims havent been on thier best behavior in India, they have been VERY naughty over the years. Could very well be them, though in this wierd age we live in, the US and Pakistan being Hommies and such, it would be a good idea to wait and see on this one, because I aint even got enough info on this.

Could be anyones game.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Shining Wizard,

Just for your information, in Britain, calling them "pakis" is the us equivilant of calling them "sand 'n-word's" or "ragheads". Just thought Id let you know, dude. We do have British posters that might take this the worng way.

Anyway, its anyones guess on this. While Muslims could have done it, India has all sorts of little factions here and there running amok too, could be anyones call on this. Could be Muslims. Interestingly enough, they basically are the same people though, Pakistan artifically created by the British to seperate the Hindus and Muslims.

But yeah, The Muslims havent been on thier best behavior in India, they have been VERY naughty over the years. Could very well be them, though in this wierd age we live in, the US and Pakistan being Hommies and such, it would be a good idea to wait and see on this one, because I aint even got enough info on this.

Could be anyones game.

It would explain why Vamshi and Amit call them Paki's (Amit, my friend, was kidnapped when he was 3 and held ransom for 3 million rupies, whatever that is worth)

I will bet that this is the work of the terrorists (not muslims, terrorists), hitting the financial center was no accident, and I really don't ever see Indians doing this type of activity to themselves ever.

The dispute is over the Northern Parts of India, they basically want to become part of Pakistan but India will not let them.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If the Northerns want to become part of Pakistan, I say let em! Why would India want to keep Hostile Muslims within its own Borders? Send em on thier merry way and let the Hindus breathe a sigh of relief for once. After that, If Muslims continue to create problems, then its time for India to seriously put the smack down on em.

Dunno why they fighting over the Kashmir though, what the hell is there thats so special?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.terrorismanswers.com...

Kashmir is a region in the Himalayas that was once under the protection of the British and remains disputed territory after decades of hostility between India and Pakistan. Kashmir is now divided among India, Pakistan, and China. Its population is mostly Muslim, but some parts of the region are home to large Hindu and Buddhist minorities. Since 1989, fighting involving Indian security forces, Kashmiri separatist and pro-Pakistan groups, and foreign Islamist militants have led to at least 35,000 deaths. Kashmir, the oldest and most sensitive issue between India and Pakistan, has assumed greater global importance since India and Pakistan conducted nuclear weapons tests in 1998 and since Pakistan became a key U.S. partner after the September 11 terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jesus christ, nukes and bloodshed over a friggin rocky chunk of dirt?

And people think Im inhumane and heartless when I say the human race is beyond redemption and should we wiped out.

Time to nuke us all. The cockroaches rats have been waiting patiently............

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Meek shall inherit the Earth"

Always thought that meant insects!

_the Wiz

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just as in Israel, terrorists tend to go after buses, busy public areas, and other places of low security.

State-sponsored terrorists tend to go after large, symbolic public targets particularly ones which involve finances.

who do you think is to blame for this?

Why, our old scapegoats Al Qaeda. They're already setting it up... "twin bombs"... allusion to "twin towers".

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Shining Wizard what is your problem? Again offending me.. i just might have to report your behavior if this ABUSE DOESNT STOP.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

(Whats left of one of the taxi's)

This attack, if I'm not mistaken, was carried out using four taxi's, which were driven up to various sites and detonated simultaneously. My understanding is that the casualties around the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai was very low for the type of explosion. I have heard that it is 3 deaths so far. Their bodies were blown into the Arabian Sea. The blast at Zhaveri Bazaar was a focused blast...seemingly well planned and designed to inflict the maximum casualties.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I also just heard that detonators were found on Railroad tracks near Bombay.

Talk about a major loss of life....anyone ever seen those trains in India...they are slam packed full fo people.

search.csmonitor.com...

I haven't heard who has claimed responsibility for the attacks...anyone?
I did some looking into terrorists organizations that have done some major terrorists attack in India and found these guys...ULFA.
"United Liberation Front of Asom"
www.satp.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This attack, if I'm not mistaken, was carried out using four taxi's, which were driven up to various sites and detonated simultaneously.

There sure are many taxi's in new york city and other cities... are there controls in place to ensure that this will not happen in the US? It appears steps have been taken...

A majority of taxi drivers are immigrants, and a large percentage of them are Muslim American. Post 9-11, they were impacted on several fronts: e.g. economics, safety, and immigration. Economically, driver's income dropped drastically. Ms. Huq has been helping to advocate for disaster assistance for drivers. Wheels of Justice was sucessful in getting FEMA to change its guidelines as it pertains to drivers.

www.limits.com...

top topics

join