It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric House Pits Uncovered in Neb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
By Associated Press

August 22, 2003, 10:26 AM EDT

LOUP CITY, Neb. -- University of Nebraska archeologists are uncovering a series of prehistoric sites described as "pit houses" along the banks of the Sherman Reservoir.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.newsday.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This could be a good story to follow. We know so much about space, so much about history of other countries, but so little about the US itself. It's about time we get some understanding of the US.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
This could be a good story to follow. We know so much about space, so much about history of other countries, but so little about the US itself. It's about time we get some understanding of the US.

well i understand that where i live presently it was covered with water and there is a definite layer of ocean floor type fossils here in the rock. i even pulled a small slab of this out of a rock wall when i was working for the states highway dept. and i studied it. it has coral and other signs of marine life and seems to be comprised mostly of sand like material. safe to say it was part of an ocean floor.

BTW i live in kentucky.

there are things being learn about the US all the time but because its not as big a deal (to some anyway) as other things like bashing bush we miss out on these "finds" in america. i'm pretty sure i'm unaware of abouit 95% of the finds made in america. i know there were dinosaurs here once along with mammoths. i know there were HUGE glaciers thats covered most of what is now america. as for human history in america...we're always finding new things.

this is a very important find though. the theory goes that people migrated to the americas during the ice age when there was a land bridge between asia and north america and determining the date of this find could disprove that. MAYBE. or it will help us learn more about the first people that settled on the north american continent and how they lived. i think its interesting but some may not. then again this is right up my alley and what i want to study in college so i am bit biased in my feelings about this.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
During the ice age when people migrated over the land bridge, it was way long before these pits were built. the ice age happened in the time before christ, a long time. they are dating these "pit houses" between 1250 and 1400 AD which would put them way out of contention for the first people that came to "america". along time ago there was pangea, when all the continents were together, with the rest of the world covered in water. no doubt at some point, after the continents split there was some kind of ice age, maybe cause by a meteor, no one knows. but i believe whatever caused the iceage definetly caused the demise of the dinosaurs. anyway, getting a little off topic, my bad haha.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
this read Prehistoric House "Pets" discovered in Neb, hehe...

I expected to read a story about finding "Dino" in the Flintstones' house, hehe....

Interesting story though, regardless...

new topics

top topics

join