It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple and Basic Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You will process what I say based on your expectations and your past experiences, you will have heard parts of the truth and rejected it in the past, those parts you have heard are like an innoculation against hearing the entire truth, you mind is preconditioned by society against accepting what the truth is...

If I tell you the truth you will not hear my words but will take from the inforamation the misguided things you have learned in the past and rejected, the importance of my words and the truth that they contain are lost in the huristic that your personality has developed to avoid facing the same issues in the past. I am telling you what goes on in everyones head.

God loves you, he created you, he is seperate from you, and he wants to be united with you again, the emptines you feel comes from the hole in your heart designed for him. You can find other things to fill that hole, possesions, obsessions delusions, but the hole can only be filled by Gods presence. In this world there are other forces who want you as well, the purpose of this life is to hear God, and to follow God and to draw closer to God and to move away from those who wish to posess you for other reasons

I told you the truth, and I told you that you wouldn't accept it, and I told you that you are preconditoned to reject it ...

There is one God, but people try and find him through may paths. There are 2 main ways to get there, one is to radically change your life to remove all corruptions from your life, people insitnctivly know that 'sin' seperates them from God and the removal of sin is a way to draw close, so you get the Hindi, Islam, etc, etc, that talk of rituals and observances to follow to 'clean' yourself ways to live, laws to follow rules to obey. Initially all designed to remove the sin that causes seperation from God, but they don't work, yes you get get to 'a' heaven by following them 'religiously'.

Islam recognises many levels of heaven and good people go to nice places but there is only one real 'heaven' and that is inaccesable by people because the lives we live can never reach the perfection needed to draw that close to God.

We can never be that good despite the rules we follow, so we all collectivly as humanity fail, because of that same turn away totally, not because they truely don't believe in God, everyone believes in God he's imprinted on your hearts, but because they recognise that they cant reach him and give up, choose other paths, try and find other ways delude themselves that it is not true, imagine a huge wall you have to get over no matter how close to the top you get you just can never get there, so in the end you give up sit at the bottom and create your own god trying to delude yourself that you don't need him that is the world we live in, but is wasn't meant to be that way, its not part of the original plan.

[Edited on 19-9-2002 by Ycon]

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
(I removed my comments about this topic which were made during a chat session, and posted without asking me first.)

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ycon, thank you for sharing that. It has been my experiance that what you have written is far closer to the ultimate truth, than the idea of aliens coming from far off planets.

I think your on th right track, but I dont know if we are off track with the Divine Plan. Judgement day isnt comming, its already here

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ASE as far as Judgment Day I knew a sage once who suggested that at death each and every one of us taste what is often understood as a day of judgment. Perhaps it has come for mankind as a whole, perhaps it has not. Personally I know that this year could be 2005. And while the clock is ticking my impression is time is not my enemy.

Very interesting Ycon, there are in fact four points you mention which I find valid.
Amongst them is that you alluded to Gods intent as different from man

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is a truth demonstrated by the equation of history:

As a society, the more holy man attempts to become, the more evil he produces.

Consider.

RDO

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 06:21 PM
link   
RDO.....Huh?

Perhaps you have some statistics to back your claim? Or other insights?

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It is based on observation of societal trends. Throughout history, as organized religion gains strength as a societal influence, doers of evil emerge with higher frequency.

Balance.

RDO

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So as a population increases the probably of deviants entering that population increases. This due to the fact that a larger population requires more generalized rules to gain membership.

Any system can be affected adversely by this issue RDO. Empires have fallen as a result of the fact that as they become larger (its harder to control how each an every person reacts to another). Social systems work best when all are prepared to be honest which each other. That even in the nuclear family one person is not, can result in a multitude of problems (such as divorce).

I do not see the Balance in this premise RDO and differences in opinion can be implied by some as evil. If I build a better mousetrap and begin selling it. And as a result, start a corporation that becomes world wide. The fact that one of my subsidiaries begin building defective mousetraps which torture the mouse rather than kill him outright. Does not make my initial intent wrong. To say the very least religion is just another part of society people can take advantage of.

Bottom line here freind don't buy a Ford Pinto..

What are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts

If anyone is wondering what william (Theyre Here) edited out. He just says that my post sounds like Brians rantings.

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 07:50 PM
link   
William, so now instead of saying it sounds like Brian rantings, you say, it's author is likely neither you or "Brian" ... correct?

Before I answer that, could you tell me why you have completely changed your opinion of who wrote it?

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I never mentioned who I thought wrote it... I only asked if you, or Brian wrote it.

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You said it sounds like Brian rantings. Your first impression was that I posted something from Brian. Am I correct?

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First impressions lead to first questions lead to second impressions.

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The post was written by Net Chicken

R. Daneel Olivaw is another Alias of William/Theyre Here, not a robot

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And so the plot thickens

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And what good is a thin plot?

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 07:11 PM
link   
William I do not understand why you are so upset (as your mood defines). What is it that you are thinking about what is happening here, that has to the point you are ready to lash out?

Whatever it is just say it man and do not hold back.

PS: Thanks for the help with the Avatar

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A good New Yorker is always pissed... you should know that... all these loonies trying to impose deep-dish second-city pizza on the unwashed masses... makes a gothom ghoul downright angry.

My mood associated with this handle (my real name) has said "pissed" for some time, since long before the current ATS woes.

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ha so that's it yea have been tempted by the Chicago Style pie. Few know that Pizza Hut began in the great city

We have been patient and now on the day and hour of our choosing all will taste the flavor of deepcrust and toppings for $10.99.

ATS is a very excellent site, it attracts people from many different locations. My impression is that this is the ideal place to converse, argue and break it down (as it were).

[Edited on 15-10-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
than just some idea of disrespect...
man the rabbit hole goes very deep...

new topics

top topics

join