It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchipped society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I read with interest a few months ago about a new system in Malaysia called MyKad.

The government has issued all the citizens of the country a microchipped identity card that is multifunctional: among others, it contains details of your drivers licence, has a cash card function, you can download your nak details onto it and use it at an ATM, to pay for toll rates, and it even contains basic medical details on the card.

More distrubingly is the governments ability to track the 'user' of a card. So a Saturday night out with the boys in the pub or a trip to the store or even a cross country road trip would not be a private affair anymore.

Is this truely what we want our society to turn into....with big brother watching over our shoulder?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
thats really scary, especially if you know Revelations well. I hope that this doesn't expand to the west anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think it is really just a way to keep tabs on everyopne, in the guise of doing something for the community. I would not sign up for it, nor use it, and if it were compulsory i would try and work some way around it.

There are already enough ways to find out what people are up to

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
thats really scary, especially if you know Revelations well. I hope that this doesn't expand to the west anytime soon.

That is only the testing grounds, and one step forward towards the mark mentioned in Revelations. I sure hope to God it isn't the mark. If combined with a bio-metric identifer such as eye retnal, it could fit the description quite nicely. No one can buy or sell unless they have the mark in the right hand or forhead. You could hold the card in the right hand and be bio-metrically identified by a finger pring on the right hand or eye which is in the forhead.

I would sit down for this one. Is this comming to the US any time soon? The Real Act ID:

Bill Summary and Status for the 109 Congress

National ID cards on the way?

FAQ: How the Real ID Act will affect you

It doesn't sound as intrusive as Malaysia's system, and will not be used for buying and selling. But it still is scary since the government will be able to follow your movements much better. It will get progressively worse as the end times gets nearer.

Before you become too worried, the key words are "no one". The goal is a one world government, one world economy, and a one world religion. The system of the mark will have to be able to include everyone. I believe the system will change, and keep changing until the time is right. I believe it is just in a testing phase, and in the stages of getting public acceptance.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
what is its malfunction or something like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas

Multifunction... not Malfunction.... don't feel bad.. thats what I thought it said at first too.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A few answers....biometrics...yes...malaysia's ID cards (and passports - also microchipped....but not compatible with the proposed system by the US) do contain a digitized version of your right thumb print that can be 'read' by a scanner and compared. As far as I know, Malaysia is only using the thumb print scanner at 'official' sites such as in government buildings and at immigration control points.

And it is compulsory for every citizen. In Malaysia it is compulsory for every citizen to carry ID and people without ID can be arrested and held indefinately until they can show proof of ID. Something about the high number of illegal immigrants into the country.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh right, cool...Personally this is a technology that should never be introduced anywhere in the world since this breaking the Human Rights act. Also one major question, what would happen if an emp was to be detinated :| would it see the chips becoming in active, also how do the chips remained charged :|

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
don't have to charge chips. similar to chips used on some credit cards nowadays(eg: Visa Electron). they contain memory banks mainly with some security circuitry. When plugged into a reader, the memory is accessed and decrypted.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny

Originally posted by eazy_mas

Multifunction... not Malfunction.... don't feel bad.. thats what I thought it said at first too.

could you explain more?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
does anyone have a link about whats happining in malaysia?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We are working on a version for the US. It is supposed to replace our drivers lience, social security card, passport and more.

Does this mean in the near future I will be asked for "your papers" meaning this global card?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Did a search on Google. Came up with a few website....some even commercial. Check it out....

Vericardsys
Newscientist
TVSmith - Satire on MyKad
MyKad on Wikipedia
Centre for Digital Government

new topics

top topics

join