It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm another new member here, from Calgary, Canada. I'll be most likely seen on the fragile earth and ancient civilizations boards, but I'll get around a fair bit for a good read.

I'm fairly intelligent, and a quick study, but the best thing is that if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I won't say it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay here!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi berglion !!

Calgary is a neat place! Man I love skiing Banff!!! I am in Utah USA.

Welcome to ATS the kewlest international site on the web! If you click on the link in my signature that takes you to Zed's book wich is the cool school of ATS posting, and once your all in the know your good to go!

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you!

[edit on 27-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Good to have you around,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

It's always nice to have another 'hoser' on the boards.

I'll warn you in advance, the rest of us Canucks pick on Alberta, but it's all in good fun...... We're just jealous because you have no sales tax.

Oh and by the way,

but the best thing is that if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I won't say it.

That's never stopped any of us before...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Welcome!

I was just at Cowbows like 2 weeks ago, partying with some friends! Hope to see ya around here.

From B.C. myself, I too post when I feel I need to be heard. Most of the time I just come here for the news though. I swear I see news here before I see it on the major stations and when Im at work, what could waste time like a good conspiracy...nothing

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Welcome aboard fellow Canuck, I'm talking the country not the team.
I'd take Iginla over Naslund any day.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey berglion welcome to ATS.

It will be good to see another Calgarian on the Fragile Earth board.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Blasphemy!!!!! You did that on purpose didn't you.........

The only thing that could make me like Naslund more than I already do is if he would give the C back to its rightful owner, Trevor Linden.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
The only thing that could make me like Naslund more than I already do is if he would give the C back to its rightful owner, Trevor Linden.

You're old dude.

I like Linden too. BTW, I'm old.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm a dudette, and the 'dirty thirties' isn't THAT old. Except to the teenagers....

I'm so happy hockey is back.....

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
g'day, berglion

I'm a canuck too and while I'm temporarily living in smoggy old Ontario, I've lived in Calgary myself. That's a great place, especially during Stampede week, eh(?)

I was through your town just awhile ago and it's just the same...great people, great venues and a whole lot of sky.

welcome to ATS where the only thing that dies is b.s.

Thank whatever Gods to bow to that the hockey is back

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'm so happy hockey is back.....

For you and me:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Heya berglion! Another canuck here, in Ontario. Calgary and the surrounding area is great. Saw my first tornado out that way when I was a wee one, near Drumheller if I recall correctly.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yikes!
A tornado in Drumheller?

I wonder what a tornado could do to the largest dinosour in the world...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Yikes!
A tornado in Drumheller?

LOL! Great picture!

Yes, it was either near Drumheller or Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump. i'll have to call my Mom and ask her, she'll remember the location.

It was pretty cool to see, captured it on video too. It was a really wet summer out there that year... i remember walking around with like two inches of mud stuck to the soles of my shoes

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello from Montreal.

Welcome to ATS!

Catch that CBC commercial lately?

Daa.. da da.. da da ...
Daa.. da da.. da da ...
Daa.. da da ..da da duuuuuuuum,

da da da da daaah Daaaaa!
dum dum dum, dum.. da dum dum... da dum dum dum dum ....

See you this fall.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
For you and me:

Tis a beautiful sight.....

I tell ya, the only thing missing is that white capital C. I was so happy when we got him back, trading him away was sheer stupidity. And since I'm in a hockey kind of mood - Congratulations Mighty Duck fans, you have yourself a great GM. I just wish he was still ours. I miss Burke....

Geez, berglion it didn't take us long to turn your welcome thread into Hockey Night in Canada. I'm in the process of trying to convince my boss that we need seasons tickets to the Canucks. I made it a line item in my budget.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes, and I have no problem with this becoming the hockey night thread. I'm one of the lucky ones that works for a team sponsor, so about 8 or 10 times a year I'm about 15 rows behind right of Kiprusoff 1st and 3rd periods.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So good day and welcome to old Canada week, eh?

Yes, although the Zedd has left the Great White North for parts south, I always have an affinity to the Mothership of Beer and Hockey.

Welcome Indeed!

Let see, lived and have family in various places in Alberta and BC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join