It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese scientists developed the first female android.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Could you imagine in a few decades people could start to go missing and be replaced by andriods. Like that film, stepform wifes ? Now that would be scary still its an intersting story to follow.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
#1 Enough puns about its pseudo gender!
#2 Enough puns about... everything else.

It wil take at least 20 years before these things can move and interact even remotely humanlike. People are just too sensitive to movement and actions of fellow humans that they can pick out a robot a mile away.

Would be useful for basic labor that requires a humanlike machine to interact with customers or simply to look less unnerving than a bunch of iron cladded robots in your store.

You act like these machines can actually fool anyone, or ever will. The human brain has it all over any computer in terms of situational awareness.

Oh yes..... stop thinking with your gonads people....

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur

You act like these machines can actually fool anyone, or ever will. . . Oh yes..... stop thinking with your gonads people....

I didn't say it would have to "fool" anyone, for someone to try and have sex with the thing.

There is probably some sub-category of paraphilias in the DSM-V, describing the fetish of people who want to do it with machines. Some bizzaro sub-culture with its own cafes and night-life, where people write short-stories about it.

that's all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Actually, they already made this sex robot which you can pair with virtual reality, I don't have a link but I saw it on Yahoo news I believe.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaideurWould be useful for basic labor that requires a humanlike machine to interact with customers or simply to look less unnerving than a bunch of iron cladded robots in your store.

I like the iRobot look, where they make them look human-like, but dont give them pointless things like skin, hair, and they dont flutter there eye lashes. But i'm sure eventually there will inevitably be sex bots, but thats like 50 years or so.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I believe it was fox news that I saw this on. They have just developed a male robot that can do chores around the house and other various jobs. Crazy how much it looks like a real butler. Kinda Scary in fact. Will post link when I find it.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
how much we try we cant beat what is natural and real.

The living bones is one of the only matrial that the more you use it the stronger it becomes .

The nerves and vessels it pretty amazing the human body

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
May I propose:

"Thou shalt not create machine in the image of man."

See the arrogance of men who believe they were made in the image of their creator? Why put this curse on our creations?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
May I propose:

See the arrogance of men who believe they were made in the image of their creator? Why put this curse on our creations?

who said that? (i'm referring to your quite)

anyway...the purpose of making robots be around our same height and have legs (instead of wheels) and have arms is because of there purpose. The world we live in was built by us, for us. we have doorways that are only so big, drawers and cupboards that are in an arms reach, stairs, ect. The world is designed for us, so why not build robots that are designed for our world.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
May I propose:

who said that? (i'm referring to your quite)

anyway...the purpose of making robots be around our same height and have legs (instead of wheels) and have arms is because of there purpose. The world we live in was built by us, for us. we have doorways that are only so big, drawers and cupboards that are in an arms reach, stairs, ect. The world is designed for us, so why not build robots that are designed for our world.

I believe I read that quote in the science fiction book Dune.

Actually, I suppose that creating machines that look like humans isn't that bad. However, I do suggest that we do not create machines that know they were created in our image. As soon as something believes it is equal or better than it's creator (take children, for example), it rebels.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Lol this reminds me ALOT of The Animetrix. Where the androids are all fine and dandy, humans and robot couples and all. Then the Humans get pissed cus a robot defended its master against her husband beating her, and accidently killed the husband. Then the humans freaked out and went on a rampage, killing all robots and stuff. but ofcourse the robots came back self evolved and killed all the humans.

First the human ignorance was about region, then religion, then race, then sexual prephrence, and will it become robots in say a century to come when these androids are perfected to be very hard to tell if human or not?

Andrioids could be our salvation, or our demise. It all matters how the eye of the beholder percieves things. And just think how much they would cost no way anyone could purchase one instead of the Very rich class. Still, they could go and make a small army with them if they so choose. You could even become a mad scientist that reprograms them to do evil stuff. Ofcouse this aswell would have to be hack-proof. People have them steal money from banks and what not. Who knows what the next century will bring.........if there is one.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
for an android to become anywhere close to mimicking us humans there'd need to be a real advance in Artificial Stupidity

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think androids are a bad Idea, because if they start doing jobs for other people, then they will take peoples jobs. Like on that south park episode where the aliens come and start working for less money and people lose their jobs. Except the androids would work for free (except for the cost of buying one). Think about it. If in the near future androids cost about $25,000-$50,000, and have a lifetime warrenty (they dont have to look exactly like people either) then wouldnt it be easier to buy an android who would work for a lifetime, then to pay a Mc Donalds person $25,000 a year or a house maid $50,000 a year? They may cost alot, but what happends when they become cheeper then paying a yearly sallery for a worker? World population is already skyrocketing and it is getting harder and harder for people to find jobs, this will only create a bigger problem- More workers\less jobs.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
androids working the front counter of Mc D's?
You want microchips with that????

[edit on 3-8-2005 by timski]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It could happen, who knows?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Pretty damn cool.... Seems the science is finally catching up to the Japanese obsession with robots everyday...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In all honesty, I don't know if I'd trust anything created by that guy. Look at him!!! He's obviously unbalanced. It looks like he'd go off on you just for saying "hello" to him. I mean, you're a single guy and you take take that female robot home with you and a week later you wake up in the middle of the night and she's sitting on your bed with a butcher's knife in her hand slicing and dicing at your groin.

I'll pass thank you.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
In all honesty, I don't know if I'd trust anything created by that guy. Look at him!!! He's obviously unbalanced. It looks like he'd go off on you just for saying "hello" to him. I mean, you're a single guy and you take take that female robot home with you and a week later you wake up in the middle of the night and she's sitting on your bed with a butcher's knife in her hand slicing and dicing at your groin.

I'll pass thank you.

Peace

lol, that would suck.

But I think i'd be freaked out enough if right in the morning I open my eyes and she's laying next to me with her eyes open, like she was staring at you when your sleeping...I'd weld her eyes shut!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But i'm sure eventually there will inevitably be sex bots, but thats like 50 years or so.

I wouldn't be so sure...they've already got ultra-realistic sex dolls that sell for thousands (saw it on a Real Sex episode)....so there's definitely a market..

I don't get it though, if you need to get your jollies alone, there are ahem...much easier ways to do it...(and far cheaper).

Of course, I'll be happy with my wife....thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

But i'm sure eventually there will inevitably be sex bots, but thats like 50 years or so.

I wouldn't be so sure...they've already got ultra-realistic sex dolls that sell for thousands (saw it on a Real Sex episode)....so there's definitely a market.

Im sorry, but thats funny and uh... sad in a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join