It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epistemology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When thinking about creation and evolution, does it not just boil down to knowledge.
We as humans have the ability to create ideas, we then share these with others, who will use various parts of the idea to evolve their own ideas.

First we must create and then watch it evolve, is the universe not a creation that continues to evolve?

The universe has the ability to think and create if the correct ingredients are mixed in the right way, we are all made of stars, all made of the same stuff, inter-connected.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The ideas we create however are from the days of old. I mean I don't even think computers are new. I think that there were computers before the flood of Noah.
I mean look at the Bible and how in it God talks about the springs of the Sea. Man supposedly didn't discover springs in the sea until the 20th century. My arguement is basically that, man only knows that which he is taught. He does know different versions of what he is taught but it still follows that which he learns. For instance computers are models of the brain, airplanes are models of birds, maps have been passed down through generation, same with drugs and medicine. Man only knows that which he sees and learns. Knowledge is not created by man, it is learnt by man. This is partly why I find it impossible to believe Evolution. How did the first man create language. I believe language was learnt from God as opposed to created.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would not agree that computers are a model of the brain. They are just a mathematicians point of view of information theory.
They only have four points of arithmetic, these being - Addition - Subtraction - Multiplication - division.

If we are taught by God, then we do not have free will (as God says we do) we only have a choice to listen, or not.

The most fertile source of insight is hindsight. Creations of geometries and algebras forced mathematicians, reluctantly, to realise that mathematics proper and the mathematical laws of science are not truths. This teaches us that we have a loss of certainty, therefore we cannot rely soley on the biblical teachings, as these can fit equally as well into a theory as can evolutionary teachings. All cannot be truths.

What we must not do however, is rush impetuously to secure these seeming truths at the cost of sound reasoning.

new topics

join