It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystery of starlite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Back in the mid 90's I remember reading an article about Starlite....a material that supposedly could withstand temperatures of up to 10000 centigrade. Then suddenly no more. Anyone have an idea what happened?

The inventor said that all the ingredients he used were available in his house. He was a hairdresser that made his own shampoos....so presumably he would have more chemicals than the average household. Nevertheless, this would imply that starlite is easy to make. Any ideas on the formula?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread has some information. Ironically enough, it was the first hit in a google search for "starlite material". I've never heard of it myself though...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
edit: double post

[edit on 27-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing that up hellfire (totally forgot about it). I remember hearing about the invention awhile ago too, but no one I asked had any idea what I was talking about. The information on the net just suddenly vanished, a common occurance experienced by many people on the topic MCory linked to. I was reading through the link. Apparently NASA was thinking about using starlite as a replacement for its heat shield...I'll be looking into that later on if I have the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yes i did a post on this subject a while back it was called starlite plastic, if i remember correct NASA jpl did buy it for military use and from there on in it dropped of the radar ie top secret.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by blobby]

[edit on 27-7-2005 by blobby]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Perhaps if they had used starlite on the shuttle we wouldn't be seen shuttle missions wasting time on repairs

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i also remeber seeing a demonstration of starlite plastic as it was laser, fire, cold, heat, bullet, stab proof, when they fired the most powerful laser at the time which was early1990's it almost destoyed the laser lol, starlite plastic worked in an un known way when it was attacked it used the attacking power to make itself stronger and repulse the energy.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes, I clearly remember watching the show, and the stuff seemed awesome.
I looked for any information too, and nothing, the dod must have put a security cloak on it or it was a fraud. I had my doubts about it, it just seemed to good.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Troy Hurtubise made fire paste. The problem is, I think it's Classified now. I used to have all of his videos but lost them. If anyone knows where I can download them, please let me know. This guy was no joke.

new topics

top topics

join