It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First and Hopefully My Last UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
One night in october 2001 me and my (former) girlfriend witnessed this strange light in the sky. It had a blueish colour and was quite large (approximately twice the relative size of Venus when at its peak) This light was moving, swinging as if it was attached to the end of a very long, invisible string. There was no sound at all. This went on for maybe three or four minutes and it made me quite unnerved, to tell you the truth. It was disturbing because I couldn't come up with a single suggestion as to what kind of craft would behave in such a manner, and I hadn'd heard of any natural phenomenon similar to this.

Anyway, after three or four minutes the light turns in an instant from blue to bright orange. The movement stops instantly and it hangs absolute motionless in the sky. Then we hear the unmistakenable sound of jet-engines and see the fast-moving lights from a jetcraft - presumably a swedish JAS-39 Griffon - moving in from the east, appearantly in the direction towards the light. As I watch the incoming jet my peripheral view registeres some movement - and I shift my attention just in time to see the light accelerate away with unbelievable speed and dissappear at the horizon within just four or five seconds.

I've spent many hours wondering what the hell that light was. I always had a hard time buying into aliens before this episode, but now I can't help wondering. And if it indeed was a craft - man made or of unknown origin - what the hell was that swinging movement all about? It just doesn't make sense to me

Well, most of my friends think it sounds "cool", but actually it wasn't. Like I said before, it was quite unnerving. And now I just can't stop thinking about the damn thing

I really haven't heard any reasonably good, logical explanation to what I saw, but if anyone here can come up with one it would be greatly appreciated. I have asked for suggestions on a mailing list for science oriented peeps, but all they could come up with was Venus, Mars and Helicopters. Geeez, like I was some retard who couldn't tell my own ass from a flying saucer

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Sounds very odd.....
Never heard of a craft that swings in the air....

Im sure it was Ufo of some kind

Does it bother you becouse you cannot work out what it was?
Maybe you should look up on some UFO sightings sites and see if any thing matches what you seen

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wow, Id be pretty wigged out too!

The date itself is worrisome, as it was in october of 2001. Not too long after Sep 11, 2001. My guess would be either alien sighting, or maybe some wierd govornment project of some sort?

Either way its unnerving to think about either. Where do you live, or at least, in what region of the country? Or what country?

This is pretty disturbing, swinging light like that. I cant think of anything off hand which might fit the bill, the only thing I can think of thats even remotely in that cat was a pair of orange colored lights i saw rotating around one another over by the Sandia labs at Lawrence Livermore Labs outside the Bay Area, Cali.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The idea of seeing an object swinging in the sky is indeed an interesting one... could it perhaps be the object was circling something instead, and from your angle of viewing it appeared to be "swinging"?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very cool sighting. I love looking to the sky for things. Unfortunately, I have only had two UFO sightings. Although I think this particular sighting would have left me "running for the hills".

Thanks for the great detail in your post too.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The idea of seeing an object swinging in the sky is indeed an interesting one... could it perhaps be the object was circling something instead, and from your angle of viewing it appeared to be "swinging"?

Well, I'm not sure really, but I just can't imagine any possible angle in relation to the light where it would appear swinging in that way when in fact it was circling...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That certainly is an interesting story. You say it was swinging like it was attached to a string. Weird.

Although, I have heard of few UFO reports in the past that describe the craft's movement as something similiar to a leaf falling off a tree. The kind of swooping, side-to-side and downward motion that the leaf does when falling. I still don't know of anything that would move like that.

Good descriptive story, but do you have anymore details about the sighting? What time of day did it take place? What was the location of the sighting? Was it near an airbase? Could you determine the height of the object (altitude)? You say it happened in October of 2001 and that you can't stop thinking about it. Has it been this way since you had the sighting or did something else rekindle the memory? Anything else you remember that sticks out in your mind?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wow that is a wierd sighting I wish I could of saw it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kraken
What time of day did it take place? What was the location of the sighting? Was it near an airbase? Could you determine the height of the object (altitude)? You say it happened in October of 2001 and that you can't stop thinking about it. Has it been this way since you had the sighting or did something else rekindle the memory? Anything else you remember that sticks out in your mind?

About 11 P.M in the western part of Sweden, near a small town called Arvika, and not very close to any kind of military airbase. And I know it wasn't a weather balloon, because I checked that up with the peeps at the local air field. Altitude is very hard to determine, as it was just a light, but I did get the impression that the altitude wasn't that high; It felt pretty close. And I've thought about it now and then, but I guess the memory creeps up on me this time of year, when the sky gets darker and the stars brighter. And a week ago I had this dream that reminded me of the thing. I just wish I had any clue as to what that light was and why it moved so weird. I'm still not willing to buy the flying saucer explanation...

[Edited on 2003-8-29 by EyesOfTheFuture]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
~Hmm. sounds creepy. I'm sure that it was either an x-plane or your obvious alien craft. But why would a swedish fighter intercept an x-plane? Dunno.

~Regards
Jeff

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i completly beleieve that it was an alian space craft, but the swinging thing is weird. The only conclusion i can think of is that it was making a signal of somesort.

new topics

top topics

join