It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machines will make criminal of every driver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It would appear that our right to privacy will soon no longer exist, and every individual will be criminalized....

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
By GARY O'SHEA
and NIC CECIL,
Political Editor

DRIVERS were reeling last night at Government plans to put a computerised spy in EVERY car.

The hi-tech gadgets will record each time a motorist DRIFTS over a speed limit, WANDERS into a bus lane or even STOPS on a yellow line.

And it means the Government will hit Britain�s hard-pressed motorists with even more fines � and bring extra millions flooding into the Treasury.

The proposed scheme is guaranteed to cause outrage among Britain�s 38million drivers.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I see a cottage industry about to blossom! "Autospy REMOVAL". Yep simply remove the little bastard and replace it with a chip that communicates with the car (incase the car is programmed to die in the event of a loss of the original chip) and INCREASES your bank account every time you pass a spy teller on the side of the road!

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh, I can see the problems that this could cause. What if you lend your car to a friend and they break a speed limit or other traffic law, how can they determine who is driving? And I'm sure the expensive cost of these microchips will just be added on to the cost of the car, this wont go over too well.

Just curious, is the "Sun" a reliable news source or a tabloid?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Problems?are u guys mad theis would actually be a good thing to have it would crack down on terrorists and also catch idiots who drive above speed limits.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Dont know that its anything that cant be fixed with a screwdriver and wirecutters!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If its a computer it can be hacked.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Problems?are u guys mad theis would actually be a good thing to have it would crack down on terrorists and also catch idiots who drive above speed limits.

I hate people like you

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
theft of someone else's chip will solve that little issue. next.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How the heck will this system be able to help catch a "terrorist"? What, is being caught breaking traffic laws now label us a "terrorist"?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
...pfft...they wanna chip my car?? They gotta catch it first...

*flicks the e-boost to 20lb, snatches 3rd and drops the hammer*

vrooooooooooooooooom pttiiissssssssssh vrooooooooooom pttiiisssssssssssssssssh vrooooooooooom!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm with Alien on this one...

*slips the tranny into bang-shift mode and hauls arse.*

Vrooooooooom! *tire chirp* Vrooooooooooooooooooom! *tire chirp* VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Not to mention, tis the beauty of my car...can't chip it when the car doesnt have a single computer in it!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I dont have a car.. I cant drive a car for three more years.. So are they putting a chip like that on my bicycle?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
I dont have a car.. I cant drive a car for three more years.. So are they putting a chip like that on my bicycle?

yep, and all skateboards.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
hehehehhehehehhe @ the skateboards remark...

Okay, this sucks majors ass. Dawm, I guess that means I'm gonna have to own 2 cars, and official one, and an un-official one. Can't always follow speeds limits...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Assumiong this nonsense does go into effect (It never will in the USA) how do they figure they are going to keep track of all the crashed (totalled), sold, stolen, etc... vehicles?

Can you imagine what an administrative NIGHT MARE this would be?

There is over 100,500 auto transactions (sales) an hour in the USA based on a 40 hour work week!

That's a heck of alot of chips to keep up with moving from owner to owner...

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
this whole chip idea is horrble. i dont think people would ever allow chips to go into cars like this. chip removal would be a major industry, but what happens when a car passes by a sensor and the sensor does not read the chip in the car(because its not there), or the information the chip gives the sensor is not the real information of the car. like when you take the chip out of a f350 and you put it into a maserati, there has to be some kind of penalty. does this also mean the state troopers patrolling highways are going to lose jobs? in principle, the idea is a decent one, but it is in no way practical to implement these spychips in autos.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Just curious, is the "Sun" a reliable news source or a tabloid?

It's a tabloid....

It will not happen....simply too many holes in the idea (most of which have been pointed out) for it to work... Not to mention, whomever voted for it would soon find themselves out of office.... Proposals are just that....proposals.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
what was just said is truth. all they are is proposals.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Part Tabloid, part news. Its a combo of both.

I have heard about things like this being proposed back when this tech was still in the plannign stages, when i was in Germany. Seems alot of EU countries seem to favor controls like this.

A work of fiction? No, I have seen people begin to test drive it with Lojack. This is simply the next big step.

The EU is very pro-big brother type tactics, and alot of people seem hunky dory with the whole idea, which is scarier

top topics

<<   2 >>

join